Just the Facts

RSoxNo1

I disagree.
The more inversions, the better. I'm kinda an inversion junkie.:lol:

Inversions are great, but often times they're out of place. This is going to turn into a very "uber nerdy" discussion, about types of inversions, but whatever.

I think my aversion to inversions has more to do with specific types of inversions. Traditional loops and corkscrews aren't as thrilling to me as a zero g-roll or a cobra roll (which I recognize is similar to combining loops and corkscrews). In my opinion, traditional loops are more disorienting than other inversions, and that takes away from the thrill. I'd rather not be disoriented.

raven

Just the facts: They are no longer calling this project the "Fantasyland Expansion" since some of the original plans have been changed. They are now simply calling it "New Fantasyland." New concept art and logos have been made but not released yet.

Bork Bork

Just the facts: They are no longer calling this project the "Fantasyland Expansion" since some of the original plans have been changed. They are now simply calling it "New Fantasyland." New concept art and logos have been made but not released yet.

So do we now have to use NF instead of FLE? :shrug:

Bring on the new concept art!!

jt04

Not sure if this is good news or bad. Is the forest theme out also? My hunch is this means they have scaled the project back or canceled large portions of it but we are getting a c ticket to make up for it. :veryconfu

DocMcHulk

I dont get it. Are they not technically EXPANDING the existing Fantasyland? I dont see why they need to rebrand it as "new". By definition, creating a new areas via expansion is NEW. Unless they are going to say something along the lines of "look how much EVERYTHING in Fantasyland has changed. It's 'new'". If that's the case, then I understand, but it seems a bit pointless really.

Horizonsfan

Does this mean that we could see some enhancement to existing Fantasyland beyond what we know about (Pooh & Dumbo) and the mundane (rot replacement, repainting, etc)?

Or is it just a name change?

BrerFrog

I like the sound of New Fantasyland. At least it sounds much bigger and better than an expansion. Then again, it is just a name.

Tom

Beta Return
I dont get it. Are they not technically EXPANDING the existing Fantasyland? I dont see why they need to rebrand it as "new". By definition, creating a new areas via expansion is NEW. Unless they are going to say something along the lines of "look how much EVERYTHING in Fantasyland has changed. It's 'new'". If that's the case, then I understand, but it seems a bit pointless really.

Agreed. They're technically expanding FL. But whatever they want to call it in-house is fine. I'll continue to refer to it as FLE.

Magenta Panther

Ooohhh, now it's really getting interesting. Thanks for the update!

Yeah that's right, I got my companies confused. It's late :lol: I knew it was a Six Flags at one point.

I thought they were referring to the roar of the launch since I don't find Screamin that noisy after launch.

There are definitely some B&Ms where the roar of the track really stands out. Great Bear at Hersheypark and Hulk come to mind as big ones. :cool:

Superman The Escape and Georgia Scorcher have the loudest roars ive ever heard from a coatser. They cause your ears to pop when your standing by the track.

_Scar

Superman The Escape and Georgia Scorcher have the loudest roars ive ever heard from a coatser. They cause your ears to pop when your standing by the track.

Think so? I don't remember them being that loud.

Now Kumba on the other hand, at BGT, is made to roar.

raven

Not sure if this is good news or bad. Is the forest theme out also?

Fantasyland Forest was the original working title when they first started working on it years ago. That original concept has been changed so many times however that they aren't even calling it that anymore.

I dont see why they need to rebrand it as "new". By definition, creating a new areas via expansion is NEW.

I never said they were naming it that. They are simply using that title as they work on the project

Raven, have you seen the new concept art? :wave:

Yes. It's actually been in existance since around February.

NoChesterHester

Yes. It's actually been in existance since around February.

That is interesting. The only reason to create concept art is for a press release to the public, otherwise they would just stick to construction drawings.

Since "February"... Wow. This means our big information is seven months old! I would say for as nutso as we are for information they kept pretty good wraps on it for quite a while.

raven

That is interesting. The only reason to create concept art is for a press release to the public, otherwise they would just stick to construction drawings.

Since "February"... Wow. This means our big information is seven months old! I would say for as nutso as we are for information they kept pretty good wraps on it for quite a while.

Concept art is also used as a presentation tool for companies working on the projects or to gain corporate sponsors.

New ideas just don't manifest overnight then suddenly they are being worked on. Some of these changes were actually been conceived a long time ago but were pushed forward.

JustInTime

Concept art is also used as a presentation tool for companies working on the projects or to gain corporate sponsors.

New ideas just don't manifest overnight then suddenly they are being worked on. Some of these changes were actually been conceived a long time ago but were pushed forward.

Speaking of...I always had the feeling that the plans were leaked online on purpose. To help build everything up against Potter.

Tom

Beta Return
Speaking of...I always had the feeling that the plans were leaked online on purpose. To help build everything up against Potter.

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. If they didn't want someone to "accidentally" see the plans, it wouldn't have happened. If this had been a real "leak", someone would have been terminated by now.

However, when you're planning a major construction project, it's hard to keep it a secret for very long, especially when you have to interact with the government (permits, planning, zoning, etc). Except for the military, anything submitted to the government becomes public record.

NoChesterHester

True. Hadn't thought of the sponsorship angle.

I wasn't trying to imply that this happened overnight. I was just impressed they kept it so secret for so long considering the mania that is out there. I don't know your role, but considering you saw the concept art in February the "changes" to the concepts presented in the D23 Convention were made many months ago.

Raven, do you happen to know how long after the D23 convention designs were presented that things started to modify? Was it almost immediately?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom