Just the Facts

cbconglom

I fix pcs for a living and I talk Disney any chance I get people never say dumb is their favorite It's always b and b or Aladdin or lm. Dumbo has nostalgia power no sane person I know would watch the crazy creepy elephants on parade and think wow b and b has nothing on this.

cbconglom

Oh my God. :brick:

Cmon, people. Tinkerbell is gone. There were literally months of people acting like Tinkerbell killed someone in their family- Tink was not welcome in new FLand. Now they get rid of her and we actually compare Dumbo- which portrays ciruses in a charming light- to a normal circus?

Telling you right now, I can't handle the Dumbo trash talk. That cute, classic elephant deserves his own section of a park :sohappy:

Could care less about them tossing tink dumbo is cute character the movie is awful

TalkingHead

Ah the circus the dirty low class place where they are cruel to animals and creepy people crawl out of the woodwork to visit. So basically the antithesis of Disney. Neat.

If you want to get critical, you could also object to Adventureland which uses the Eurocentric stereotype of the savage and the cannibal for the Jungle Cruise. Or how about Pirates of the Caribbean--it promotes debauchery and pillaging and raping and plundering. Or the Country Bear Jamboree--all those poor bears being forced to entertain us. (The horror, the horror!) Or...or...maybe it's just the Magic Kingdom where everything is idealized.

RSoxNo1

So I am guessing you also dislike immersive themed areas such and World Showcase as well too? The reason I ask is because it seems like that was the idea they were going with for this expansion. My only thing is, what is SO wrong with visiting characters that you have grown up with in their homes? Especially if they do it right. I really don't see how this is a step up from what they had planned but whatever. Even the old Dumbo concept was an inch away from tacky. This just all seems to be going wrong. And I have been flying the biggest FLE flag since these plans have been announced. If the reports are correct, my spirits have been dampened majorly.

I know for myself, the opposition to the chateau's was the fact that they had a limited appeal.

SeaCastle

Let's reserve judgement until we see more concept art (or until the land actually opens). There's no sense debating how bad Dumboland will be if only a few of us know what it entails. (Besides new spinners, a merchandise and food and beverage location, which isn't a bad deal at all.)

If money becomes available later, I believe it was reported that the plot could be developed into something like an attraction. To be honest, I'd rather see a cohesive circusland with the budget going for Project X than a pixie meet and greet, but that's just me. (Who said this is going to be Chester&Hester quality?)

JustInTime

Let's reserve judgement until we see more concept art (or until the land actually opens). There's no sense debating how bad Dumboland will be if only a few of us know what it entails. (Besides new spinners, a merchandise and food and beverage location, which isn't a bad deal at all.)

If money becomes available later, I believe it was reported that the plot could be developed into something like an attraction. To be honest, I'd rather see a cohesive circusland with the budget going for Project X than a pixie meet and greet, but that's just me. (Who said this is going to be Chester&Hester quality?)

I am trying but DANG. And project x is what I am complaining about. THe expanded dumbo area. Aka Circusland. And as far as "money available later" goes...see Beastly Kingdom.

SeaCastle

I am trying but DANG. And project x is what I am complaining about. THe expanded dumbo area. Aka Circusland. And as far as "money available later" goes...see Beastly Kingdom.

I always thought Project X was the Aurora/Cinderella replacement, but I guess not.

Tom

Beta Return
Goofy's Barnstormer

In case there was any uncertainty (and I don't think there was), the permit was filed today for "General Construction" at Goofy’s Barnstormer.

I can only presume they're going to do the work while the ride remains open, since it's not on Disney's refurbishment schedule.

Lee

Adventurer
So I am guessing you also dislike immersive themed areas such and World Showcase as well too?
No. Not at all. World Showcase is great. I'll be strolling around there later this week.:D
My only thing is, what is SO wrong with visiting characters that you have grown up with in their homes?
Nothing is wrong with meeting characters.
Something is wrong with spending millions on over-themed, low-capacity M&Gs and then trying to pass them off as "attractions."
The new plan keeps the immersive theming, the M&Gs, and adds something that has actual value, but is rare these days at MK: a real ride!

SeaCastle

I never realized this before, but the last time a ride was built in the MK was the Flying Carpets in 2000, and the last ride of substance being Splash Mountain in '92. It's about time!

Flip83

I usually just come on here to ask a question that I may not know. I generally know a lot of information about Disney with all the experience I've had there... but man, I'll tell ya.. the whining and complaining on these discussion boards is just brutal. Disney will make mistakes on attractions ala Magic Carpets. I mean Aladdin was a huge movie and so they made a ride. Can you blame them? It's just a bit odd they made a ride that was exactly like Dumbo. There was just no need for it. I am sure they probably havent done much to MK in the last 10 years because they wanted to do something bigger. Oh thats right! they are spending millions on an expansion. Although, I am happy they've decided to tweak the original plans, I was happy with anything they did. Why? Because you all know damn right well, when you walk through the expansion, you will be stunned. They have gone public about looking back at the original plans and said they needed to change some stuff. These aren't dummies, they know their stuff. It seems nothing Disney ever does is good enough for most people anymore. If they actually do come out with a great new ride/attraction, people just ask for more more more a year later. There is not one resort out there like Disney. Do any of you Disney fans get the same feeling when you walk through Universal Studios? Absolutely not.

Accept the amazing things Disney has had through all these years. If you're such an impatient guest and need more more more every time you go, then maybe you should'nt go as much as you do. I go every single year, and nothing ever bothers me when I go there, besides maybe some rude guests you may run into. I've never had a problem with a CM in all the 18 trips I've been on, I've never had a bad experience and I also have never been tired of seeing the attractions I've seen a million times. If they come out with something new, I look at it as a bonus.

The fact that I just heard Dumbo sucks is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. It's a CLASSIC. Sure, it may not be everyones favorite Disney film, it's not even my favorite, but it is a classic and it is a very good story. I still find it to be ashame that the Disney Channel or Toon Disney doesn't show Disney Classic Shorts (like Mickey, Donald or Goofy shorts). Little kids should be able to see these classics and see how Disney started. Sure, I know when you look back at these shorts, its crazy when you see some things (like characters smoking etc), but that is where the parents teach the kids about that stuff. The DVD's they have of all those Shorts is fantastic and I can't wait to show my children them. I do think the Mickeys Club House is good for children too, but they should be able to see Classics on TV as well.

Sorry for my rant. Argue with my statements if you want, I don't really care. I stand by my arguement, and I won't sit here and bicker back and forth on here with negative Disney fans. Perhaps some of the normal fans understand where I'm coming from.

SeaCastle

I usually just come on here to ask a question that I may not know. I generally know a lot of information about Disney with all the experience I've had there... but man, I'll tell ya.. the whining and complaining on these discussion boards is just brutal. Disney will make mistakes on attractions ala Magic Carpets. I mean Aladdin was a huge movie and so they made a ride. Can you blame them? It's just a bit odd they made a ride that was exactly like Dumbo. There was just no need for it. I am sure they probably havent done much to MK in the last 10 years because they wanted to do something bigger. Oh thats right! they are spending millions on an expansion. Although, I am happy they've decided to tweak the original plans, I was happy with anything they did. Why? Because you all know damn right well, when you walk through the expansion, you will be stunned. They have gone public about looking back at the original plans and said they needed to change some stuff. These aren't dummies, they know their stuff. It seems nothing Disney ever does is good enough for most people anymore. If they actually do come out with a great new ride/attraction, people just ask for more more more a year later. There is not one resort out there like Disney. Do any of you Disney fans get the same feeling when you walk through Universal Studios? Absolutely not.

Accept the amazing things Disney has had through all these years. If you're such an impatient guest and need more more more every time you go, then maybe you should'nt go as much as you do. I go every single year, and nothing ever bothers me when I go there, besides maybe some rude guests you may run into. I've never had a problem with a CM in all the 18 trips I've been on, I've never had a bad experience and I also have never been tired of seeing the attractions I've seen a million times. If they come out with something new, I look at it as a bonus.

The fact that I just heard Dumbo sucks is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. It's a CLASSIC. Sure, it may not be everyones favorite Disney film, it's not even my favorite, but it is a classic and it is a very good story. I still find it to be ashame that the Disney Channel or Toon Disney doesn't show Disney Classic Shorts (like Mickey, Donald or Goofy shorts). Little kids should be able to see these classics and see how Disney started. Sure, I know when you look back at these shorts, its crazy when you see some things (like characters smoking etc), but that is where the parents teach the kids about that stuff. The DVD's they have of all those Shorts is fantastic and I can't wait to show my children them. I do think the Mickeys Club House is good for children too, but they should be able to see Classics on TV as well.

Sorry for my rant. Argue with my statements if you want, I don't really care. I stand by my arguement, and I won't sit here and bicker back and forth on here with negative Disney fans. Perhaps some of the normal fans understand where I'm coming from.

I have to agree with most of, if not all, of everything you've said here. Nice post. :wave:

tirian

I
The fact that I just heard Dumbo sucks is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. It's a CLASSIC. Sure, it may not be everyones favorite Disney film, it's not even my favorite, but it is a classic and it is a very good story.

Whoa, someone said that? "Dumbo" is one of the highest-ranked Disney movies of all time. It has a 97% rating on RT.

That person probably thinks it would be better with overused CGI, Tim Burton, and a lousy storyline enhanced with a cheap 3D conversion.

...Alice...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom