Just sent this to WDW Customer Service

rodserling27

Original Poster
I finally had a chance to sit down and send them an e-mail about my recent trip in June. If you're looking for negativity, you'll find very little of it here. I really cannot convey in words how I felt while I was there.
Here's what I told them.

Hello.

Let me preface this with saying that it is very rare for me to write to WDW Customer service. I have not done so since I was a very young boy. I am not the type who ever gives feedback for any kind of theme park, vacation, movie review, etc. But my recent trip to Walt Disney World really calls for me to let me feelings be known.

Despite the fact that some of my favorite attractions of all time have been traded up for less-fantastic and dull ones, I still call Walt Disney World “home” and I always thought that WDI did a fantastic job updating classic rides like Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, and Pirates of the Caribbean. When new attractions like Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Soarin’ and the Festival of the Lion King came along, they almost made up for the removal of attractions like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. (But you've GOT to get that Yeti fixed on Everest!!) However, in all of my trips to WDW, there was one thing that I had still yet to experience. Everyone always tells me they feel like a kid when they are in Walt Disney World. Having been there 11 times in 23 years of my life, I had never really "felt" like a kid, except of course when I was an actual child. Having just completed my first year in the "real" world as a teacher and with some extra money, I decided to take another trip to my favorite place of all time and to bring my sister along with me. We arrived at WDW on a hot evening at the end of June, ready to be up at the crack of dawn the next day to take on the Magic Kingdom.

I'm not sure what it was, but something was different about this 12th and most recent trip. Maybe I had some extra pixie dust sprinkled on me when I wasn't looking, or perhaps Blue Fairy instilled some sense of being a "real" boy in me, but I felt very different going through those gates and immediately heading for Fantasyland that first day of my trip. For the first time I felt like a little like a kid, which is an experience I had yet to have. The cast members seemed friendlier than ever, and the attractions and rides were truly magical. Throughout that entire first day I really did believe that I was on a roller coaster in outer space or flying over Neverland or that there were 999 happy haunts that were dying for me to “hurry baaaaack.” I thought it couldn’t get any better. But then it did.

It was 9:00pm on the dot when it happened. The “Fanfare of Lights” blasted over the speakers as a familiar voice hit the air: "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls..." There it was!! Jack Wagner's voice, just as I remembered it in 1989. I couldn’t believe it!! The announcement continued: "The Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination. In thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthemagnetic musical sounds: The Main Street Electrical Parade!!!"
The lights went out! I cheered as loud as I could, along with the rest of the patrons on Main Street USA. “Baroque Hoedown” start pumping loudly throughout the park. It was absolutely magical and unreal.

Something happened that was so magical, it brought tears of joy to my eyes. For nearly 40 minutes, I bopped around in place to the beat of the song while clapping my hands and waving at every single float that went by. I caught myself shouting to Goofy as he drove the Casey Jr. Train past us. I blew kisses at Cinderella. Grumpy came over and stared me down for a bit. Captain Hook shook his hook at me! The Donkey Boys made me giggle like a little boy, and Pete’s Dragon was even more spectacular than I remembered it. I felt so proud to be an American as the "To Honor America" float ended the parade. As the massive eagle sailed down Main Street, Mr. Wagner's voice once again filled my ears as he announced the end of "The Magic Kingdom's Main Street Electrical Parade." The lights went up, and Don Dorsey's closing fanfare played to signify that the parade was over. It was the most beautiful experience I have ever had at Walt Disney World.

Now, I had been skeptical prior to seeing the parade. I knew they had changed the music from the original Don Dorsey arrangement of Perrey and Kingsley's "Baroque Hoedown" in favor of Tokyo Disneyland’s “Dream Lights” version. I heard that gone was Blue Fairy, in her place was Tink, and that the bass drum now said "Disney's Electrical Parade" instead of its former "Main Street Electrical Parade." But let me tell you, only the last of those three even registered in my mind while I was watching, and it didn't matter. I felt like I was 3 years old again watching the parade for the first time. I really cannot convey to you in an e-mail what an amazing feeling it was watching this thing go by. I had seen it in most recently in 2000 when it returned for the millennium, but only this time, in 2010, was I really moved. There really is something magical about The Main Street Electrical Parade being where I consider its “home” to be, on Main Street USA in The Magic Kingdom.

The rest of my trip was fantastic, and I really enjoyed the SummerNightastic! Fireworks, Tower of Terror updates, and everything else the parks have to offer. Though my sister and I enjoyed ourselves throughout our five day visit, nothing compared to seeing MSEP. We loved it so much, in fact, that we watched it three times! I hadn’t watched a parade at WDW that much EVER in my life.

I know this is a rather roundabout and long-winded way of saying it, but I wanted to thank the Walt Disney Company, WDI, all of the cast members of WDW, and even Team Disney Orlando! for making my vacation truly magical. In all of my 12 trips to see Walt’s greatest dream, this one was by far the most memorable. I also hope that someday in the future, the Main Street Electrical Parade stays at the Magic Kingdom for good! (It’s far better than SpectroMagic!) Maybe one day when I have a family, I will be able to take my own children to see the parade I loved as a child.

May God bless everyone over at WDW, and thank you for taking the time to read my e-mail. I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Daniel Kitching
23-year old WDW enthusiast and child at heart

:)

Lisalyn

It WAS wonderful Daniel. What a perfect letter for a perfect story! Brought tears to my eyes just reading it and it was even more beautiful because you could share that with your sister. I hope others take notice and write letters of thanks to the Disney Company in the future instead of negativity all the time. Now THAT would put a smile on my face. :)

Edisto Pluto

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is so nice to read a positive review. So many of us feel just as you do but your personal description really resonated.

NedLand

I’m glad to hear you had a great trip. It’s nice to read about a genuinely positive Disney experience for once around here.

hiddenMICKEY815

And that's what Disney is supposed to be. It's not supposed to be some 007 mission to get everything done or something, it's meant to bring back the kid in you! :)

luvlifeinfl

Daniel,

awesome! you know it is amazing to be able to re-capture the magic the disney has, I hope it will be the same when we go in 31 days.

scpergj

disney wont get back to you on that letter. my mom sent 3 letters out to disney of how bad their customer service is just a few weeks ago letting them know how bad they are and how they put us in a smoking room when we specifially asked for a non one at cornado springs resort my mom has allergies and my dad is on a breathing machine. she sent the letter even to Mr Iger. so your not going to hear anything back. we just want our money back for the room they gave us for the week 800 dollars.

Umm...there are no smoking hotel rooms at WDW. All of the resorts have no smoking in ANY of the rooms....

I'm calling TROLL on this one...

As for the OP...your letter was very, very good...I would hope it could be circulated or posted for at least some of the CM's to see and know they are appreciated!

Mammymouse

As many times as I have gone to Disneyworld I feel the same as you each time. I got all teared up reading it! Excellent letter:sohappy:

Stellajack

RE: Letter from Daniel

Daniel,

:cry: Thanks for the letter! I felt as if I was right there!

Sometimes you just have to tell someone about what you have experienced.

Thanks for sharing how you felt with the folks who made it all happen. :wave:

HouCuseChickie

Thank you for posting your letter. I've been kind of down about WDW lately after reading/commenting in some of the negative threads going around right now.

I teared up as I read your account of the Main Street Electrical Parade- I could hear Baroque Hoedown playing in my head as I read. Your letter reminded me of the experiences I want my little girls to have for their first trip this coming Dec- i.e. the whole reason I've been going nuts planning this trip for them in the first place. Thanks again for sharing...now I'm back in a happy place. :D

Tom

Beta Return
I finally had a chance to sit down and send them an e-mail about my recent trip in June. If you're looking for negativity, you'll find very little of it here. I really cannot convey in words how I felt while I was there.

Very impressive. I really hope you get a response....and not a boilerplate one. This almost makes me want to start a campaign to get people to actually send them POSITIVE feedback for a change - maybe toss in a few CM accolades.

There are too many current campaigns to get us loyal Disney fans to write them hate mail and tell them how awful of a job they're doing.

I also had to start playing my MSEP music after reading your letter! :)

disney wont get back to you on that letter. my mom sent 3 letters out to disney of how bad their customer service is just a few weeks ago letting them know how bad they are and how they put us in a smoking room when we specifially asked for a non one at cornado springs resort my mom has allergies and my dad is on a breathing machine. she sent the letter even to Mr Iger. so your not going to hear anything back. we just want our money back for the room they gave us for the week 800 dollars.

If your mom's letters sounded anything like your post, Disney probably discarded them because they couldn't comprehend anything. Periods and commas are available at no charge, by the way.

And like someone else said, there's no such thing as a "smoking room" at WDW. Assuming you're not a troll, I'd be very interested (mainly for my amusement) in hearing how terrible their customer service was. Specific examples would be awesome. :)

Tater48

I sent a letter to Robert Iger about a year ago about an experience that we had at WDW. Not only did I get a return letter from his office, I received a follow up phone call as well. Maybe I got the letter because I specifically mentioned that I was not looking for nor expecting any type of compensation. There was a situation that occurred during our trip that Meg Crofton didn't have time for or didn't want to be bothered with, but Robert Iger and Jay Rasulo (like him or not) both deemed necessary to respond to.

By the way, Coronado Springs does not have any "Smoking" rooms. Smoking is allowed only in designated areas outside.

Tom

Beta Return
I sent a letter to Robert Iger about a year ago about an experience that we had at WDW. Not only did I get a return letter from his office, I received a follow up phone call as well. Maybe I got the letter because I specifically mentioned that I was not looking for nor expecting any type of compensation. There was a situation that occurred during our trip that Meg Crofton didn't have time for or didn't want to be bothered with, but Robert Iger and Jay Rasulo (like him or not) both deemed necessary to respond to.

By the way, Coronado Springs does not have any "Smoking" rooms. Smoking is allowed only in designated areas outside.

Since you mentioned it on here, I guess I at least have the right to ask you what situation you encountered that would have required Meg Crofton's attention during your trip.

I'm not judging or being sarcastic. I'm actually quite curious. :)

Disneykidder

That is a beautifully written letter. Finally some positive feedback to Disney. It seems like all I hear lately are the negative ones. We are all on this web site because of our love for Disney and frankly the negavtivity of some is really getting tiresome. Of all my trips to Disney I did have a negative experience but the good farrrrr outweigh the bad. Thanks for a nice letter that expresses how a lot of us feel.:)

NewfieFan

Thanks for sharing! It made me smile too!

And that's the magic of Disney, isn't it!?! I guess that's why we shell out all the money and even spend time on sites like this... we all want to be happy and feel like a kid again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom