Just heard something VERY interesting

nyy102

Both the wand and hat need to go, which signifies to me that sorcery-themed items should not be really big and appear as park icons. The wand and hat both appear to be around for a while though. The wand is stupid and tacky, and Mickey never used a wand in Sorceror's Apprentice, to the best of my knowledge, making the wand just plain stupid, but it still sits on top of SSE and not in front of it. The wand definitely takes something away from SSE's glory, but at least you can still see it, and at least the wand doesn't push pins like they are needed to support life. I definitely feel that the hat is the greater of two evils, though I'd probably take either over the Cinderella birthday cake.

jedimaster1227

Scar Junior said:
A Rennovation would be great, IMHO. I think it would go well with the DS 20the in 2009. As the icon, it would give a new personality to a newly rennovated park.

Although, the beauty of the El Capitan theatre is only on the inside. Yes, the marquee is great too, but I don't know if they would want to base the icon on such a typical old 'downtown' building.

Take a look at the outside:

EDIT: Thus, I like the idea of giving the icon a facelift. I am just confused how they would make it the El Capitan.

Well, there is a possibility that the El Capitan could either be getting an expansion or having a rethemed entrance. If this happened, a rethemed entrance for the GMR would be possible.

Plus: There is always Disney's other famous Hollywood Theater option- The Kodak...

Scar Junior

jedimaster1227 said:
Well, there is a possibility that the El Capitan could either be getting an expansion or having a rethemed entrance. If this happened, a rethemed entrance for the GMR would be possible.

Now that's a much better idea. I was going to ask if they might do something like that in my last post but thought it was long enough! :D

Blizz

jedimaster1227 said:
Plus: There is always Disney's other famous Hollywood Theater option- The Kodak...
Yes, but since that is not their venue, they would have to buy the rights to use the likeness from a company called CIM Group, Inc.

LudwigVonDrake

I agree with you that it's tacky that the Icon for the park is a shop but as long as people buy souvenirs from the shop, Disney doesn't care. They're a business and it's all about the bottom line.

comics101

nelsonj3 said:
I completely agree about the Sorcerer's Hat needing to go. However, I wouldn't mind it if it were somewhere else that didn't block something important. On its own, the Hat in and of itself isn't bad. It's the fact that it blocks the Chinese Theater that makes it bad.

True, I do believe if they moved it I wouldn't mind it nearly as much, but where would they put it?

Edeyore

Corrus said:
RED LIGHT - Beastly kingdom.
RED LIGHT - JTTCOTE in AK.
RED LIGHT - DL's HM upgrades.
RED LIGHT - Indy jones adventure.
RED LIGHT - Something,anything new to go in the old WoL pavillion.
RED LIGHT - Crushes EAC ride from paris.please.
RED LIGHT - The monsters inc attraction
RED LIGHT - Restaurant in the old skyway stations.
RED LIGHT - Midway mania.

023.gif

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

KNOW IT ALL !!!! :lol:

nyy102

comics101 said:
True, I do believe if they moved it I wouldn't mind it nearly as much, but where would they put it?

I would say on the Earful Tower, but they would lose too much profit by making people take an elevator ride to buy their pins. For those that will say it can't go on the Earful Tower, as the hat is too big and stuff like that, all I have to say is that I never thought an oversized wand could get on SSE, either.

In all seriousness though, I think the hat should be moved to the far North of the property, just on the other side of the Hollywood Tower Hotel and Hollywood hills Amphtheater.

comics101

nyy102 said:
I would say on the Earful Tower, but they would lose too much profit by making people take an elevator ride to buy their pins. For those that will say it can't go on the Earful Tower, as the hat is too big and stuff like that, all I have to say is that I never thought an oversized wand could get on SSE, either.

In all seriousness though, I think the hat should be moved to the far North of the property, just on the other side of the Hollywood Tower Hotel and Hollywood hills Amphtheater.

I'd take that over the location it is now, but it would proboly block ToT.
I don't know, I say they get rid of the hat and relocate the earful tower somewhere near the GMR, I don't really know how they'd do that either.

CaptainMichael

comics101 said:
I don't know, I say they get rid of the hat and relocate the earful tower somewhere near the GMR, I don't really know how they'd do that either.
I say just keep the damn thing, retheme the theater facade, and update GMR.

Captain Chaos

What is they moved the hat to the entrance of the park, allowing guests to walk under the hat, you know.. the entrance gates are the supports for the hat... I think that would be cool...

nyy102

comics101 said:
I'd take that over the location it is now, but it would proboly block ToT.

When I said "just on the other side of the Hollywood Tower Hotel and Hollywood Hills Amphitheater", I was trying to imply placing the hat somewhere outside of the park boundaries, not in front of ToT. I do realize that they would never do that, but I think they should just throw it in the parking lot somewhere and let the masses destroy it.

Lee

Adventurer
comics101 said:
nelsonj3 said:
I On its own, the Hat in and of itself isn't bad. It's the fact that it blocks the Chinese Theater that makes it bad.

But...what people fail to realize, is that blocking the theatre is one of the main (if not THE main) reasons why the hat is there. That is it's purpose.

nyy102

As I understand it, the hat has been placed there to block the Chinese theater because of something to do with Disney's agreement with the actual Chinese theater in Hollywood to use that facade. I don't know if Disney's agreement with them has already expired or if it will expire soon or if the two parties just have not been seeing eye-to-eye.

netenyahoo

If Disney is blocking the theater because they can no longer use the theater likeness then they should redesign the building to some other iconic Hollywood building. The hat should be the entrance to the animation plaza.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The Hat serves as a central Icon in the park as well as a hot dog. And if you dont understand why its a hot dog, take the Hidden Magic tour at Epcot.

~LeeLee~

hakunamatata said:
The Hat serves as a central Icon in the park as well as a hot dog. And if you dont understand why its a hot dog, take the Hidden Magic tour at Epcot.

Hi Hakuna!:wave: A Hot dog? I am so confused... I have to take the EPCOT tour to find out about the hat at MGM? I believe you, just want to clarify you didn't mis-post or something.

CaptainMichael

What he means is that it is a Weanie, a term used by Walt for attention grabbing objects...prior to the Sorceror Hat, there was nothing but the theater, a replica of a real structure. Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, and the Tree of Life were all originals...D-MGM needed something too...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom