just got back.. here is what I was told..May 2014

bjlc57

Original Poster
hey don't shoot the messenger.. I am just reporting, after spending 2 whole days in Epcot, and telling you the things that I heard in my travels.. you take it all with a grain of salt.. I spent 3 days in MK,, one in Ak, and the rest of my days in MGM.. I spoke to cast members, a contractor, the ubiquitous bus driver, and a few white shirts.. and I am still feeling like I am riding a ride as I am typing this.. I have only been home about 12 hours.. just giving you the up to the minute RUMORS..

Rodb

i wish they would put more effort into keeping test track from breaking down. We have been there on three different memorial day weekends and it has broken down each time we visit epcot.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Not that SOMEONE wouldn't say something, but don't things get announced to cast members privately at times, first? Just saying that maybe that's what it is by the OP saying they were "announced"?

I want to believe this. I want to believe so much that they will make over those rides, but our luck all three will close without any replacement.

It's no secret really that Imagination was supposed to close this year (or was it last year? Sooo many rumors to keep track of) and EO has always been 'temporary' so it's a safe assumption that at some point it would be replaced.
Not really. Front line cast rarely gets any advance notice of what is coming down the pipe. They are told what they need to know to perform their role and that is about it.

The closest thing to inside information they get comes by the way of staffing schedules. This can help to confirm a closure of an attraction for refurb or when a new one will open.

Ignohippo

I was told that Epcot is going to get a make over.. that Universe of Energy, and Captain Eo and Figment, are all going to be closed.. and that there was some "announcement" this past week on this.. I can tell you that Energy wasn't working hardly at all the whole 10 days we were there and getting very few riders. . we were at a half full Eo.. and didn't ride Figment.. but they are on that spur were you have to back up just to continue into future world. .may be the powers that Be, will put a connection there so you don't have to back track.. and can continue walking around the circle..

Sorry, but if there were an "announcement", it would be big news and reported all over the place.

I can confirm that Imagination is being renamed "Imagination: Imagine This Were A Better Ride", and Energy is being closed because the film is almost to the point of breaking beyond fixing – scotch tape and chewing gum can only keep it together for so long.

They tried to find something older, more out-of-date and more out of style to replace EO with but couldn't come up with anything so they've decided to show Steamboat Mickey on a constant loop. They don't want to pay for a pianist, so the movies with truly be silent. A CM will shoot water into the audience with squirt guns from time to time to create the illusion of 4D. They don't expect it to be very popular, but at least it will be an upgrade from EO.

ABQ

Sorry, but if there were an "announcement", it would be big news and reported all over the place.

I can confirm that Imagination is being renamed "Imagination: Imagine This Were A Better Ride", and Energy is being closed because the film is almost to the point of breaking beyond fixing – scotch tape and chewing gum can only keep it together for so long.

They tried to find something older, more out-of-date and more out of style to replace EO with but couldn't come up with anything so they've decided to show Steamboat Mickey on a constant loop. They don't want to pay for a pianist, so the movies with truly be silent. A CM will shoot water into the audience with squirt guns from time to time to create the illusion of 4D. They don't expect it to be very popular, but at least it will be an upgrade from EO.
I would watch Steamboat Willie in a constant loop. Anything would be better than EO.

Kman101

In terms of the CM thing, I understand they are the last to know. That being said, don't they at least get told right before something were to happen? Not saying that is the case this time but that's the impression I've always gotten. Not that they're told months in advance but literally right before.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
In terms of the CM thing, I understand they are the last to know. That being said, don't they at least get told right before something were to happen? Not saying that is the case this time but that's the impression I've always gotten. Not that they're told months in advance but literally right before.
It seems like most of them find out when they get told that they are being moved to another attraction.

RSoxNo1

There are enough "media" members with full hub access that anything dispensed to cast members is on the web very quickly.

I don't doubt that things are being considered for Epcot, and I don't doubt that Maelstrom, France, imagination or energy are among those things being considered. However, it does not appear that a decision has been made.

CaptainShortty

Not that SOMEONE wouldn't say something, but don't things get announced to cast members privately at times, first? Just saying that maybe that's what it is by the OP saying they were "announced"?

I want to believe this. I want to believe so much that they will make over those rides, but our luck all three will close without any replacement.

It's no secret really that Imagination was supposed to close this year (or was it last year? Sooo many rumors to keep track of) and EO has always been 'temporary' so it's a safe assumption that at some point it would be replaced.

Almost always, things are released to the mass of CMs when it is released to Guests. There are to many CMs and the secret would get out way to quickly if it were released to them before Guests. The only exception to that is CMs that work in that area are sometimes given information because it will affect the nature of their job (ie if an attraction is going down for a considerable amount of time, they will be moved during the refurb, etc.) Other than that, things are released to upper-level management and slowly come down the chain on a need to know basis.

aladdin2007

There are enough "media" members with full hub access that anything dispensed to cast members is on the web very quickly.

I don't doubt that things are being considered for Epcot, and I don't doubt that Maelstrom, France, imagination or energy are among those things being considered. However, it does not appear that a decision has been made.

We will probably know a little more once spirit comes back and posts an update.

dstrawn9889

i wish they would put more effort into keeping test track from breaking down. We have been there on three different memorial day weekends and it has broken down each time we visit epcot.
thats the ride system, it seems like an almost DAILY occurance, this is why the opening of TT1.0 was so late...

lazyboy97o

If these pavilions were going to be closed I think they would have to let the cast member know since their jobs depend on it... but just because they close an attraction doesn't necessarily mean they improve it or even reopen it

and I don't think it was too surprising the place was busy this weekend, since it was Memorial Day Weekend which began with the 24 hour promotion
No jobs are really dependent on a specific attraction or attractions being open. If an attraction is to close, permanently or for refurbishment, the staff is reassigned.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
True or not, as long as they don't touch the traveling theater @ UoE, I'll be fine with just about anything they do to that pavilion.

Cesar R M

With no viable replacement available they may just do that...
like I said in another thread.

they could just put a show similar to the one in Las Vegas.
where they use a 3d "hologram" 3d system (like in the Gorillaz feat Madona ) shows.
where they mix the 3d renders with real dancers and stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom