just got back.. here is what I was told..May 2014

tl77

No jobs are really dependent on a specific attraction or attractions being open. If an attraction is to close, permanently or for refurbishment, the staff is reassigned.

They would get some advanced warning though before the pavilion they worked at closed though, which is what the guy was asking

Ignohippo

like I said in another thread.

they could just put a show similar to the one in Las Vegas.
where they use a 3d "hologram" 3d system (like in the Gorillaz feat Madona ) shows.
where they mix the 3d renders with real dancers and stuff.

That would entail money. If it isn't happening for PIXAR, SW or Frozen, it sure ain't gonna happen for Michael Jackson.

Besides, has everyone forgotten the guy was an accused child-molester?

Slowjack

In all seriousness, now that Captain EO has had its encore run, I wish they'd put Magic Journeys back in the theater for a while. Nostalgia can work very well.
I like Captain EO (and it's one of 8-year-old daughter's very favorite things in WDW -- seriously), but I would cool with a Magic Journeys revival, so long as they gave it a different preshow.

Rodneyt74

Think a lot of those rumors come from the fact that Tom Fitzgerald that was one of lead imagineer over new fantasyland (specificly 7DMT) was moved to title of Creative Direction over Epcot. Veteran of Disney that just got done with hugh redo in MK, kind of makes you think that might be something coming soon for Epcot.. Now if he just taking a break and overseeing new tree here and pretzel stand there or if they really want some new things at epcot remains to be seen.. But think that move that happen around end of april of this year is why there is some rumors of some big things coming to epcot that might actually hold water this time around.. Have to see though...

iheartdisney91

These are just my thoughts, this isn't directed at anyone.

UOE needs to close.
Yes I liked it when I was younger, but on our recent
Trip I just wasn't feeling it. Those 37 minutes I'll never get back.
Also it's dated. If they updated it majorly and either made it faster or shorter
It would be better..... Though it still wouldn't be a "must see"

Figment.... Rumors have gone on forever. As long as they don't do away with him
I really don't care what they do to his ride, I just hope he will still have a ride.
Maybe they will open the rainbow tunnel upstairs! LOL Oh and dream finder too....

EO we knew it was temporary, I love the show and don't see why they need to close it, seeing that it's just a theatre.... I don't see what else they can use it for seeing that it's been home to a 3D movie for quite some time.

Goofnut1980

I was there this past weekend and I don't know what YOU saw, but Energy was running with many many riders, imagination had a 30+ minute wait almost every time I glanced at it, EO was packed as well.... (lack of things to do make it easy to fill up what IS there)....

I agree. I was there the week of May 12th and EO and Imagination was 35+.. I have never in my life seen that... it was always walk on... And Ellens was semi busy, they only used the outer cars and not the middle cars.

lazyboy97o

They would get some advanced warning though before the pavilion they worked at closed though, which is what the guy was asking
They would get some, but there have been a few times in recent years where it was incredibly last minute, such as Test Track and the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

bjlc57

Original Poster
well at least some of these rumors were true. and some have happened.I happen to be at Captain Eo's last night but not the last preformance.. I must have run into someone who actual knew what they were talking about..

Nubs70

well at least some of these rumors were true. and some have happened.I happen to be at Captain Eo's last night but not the last preformance.. I must have run into someone who actual knew what they were talking about..
You eat moldy cheese, Don't you?

bjlc57

Original Poster
Nah.. I eat cheese that is seasoned and cared for.. Bleu Cheese is for someone other then me.. I do like Cheese curds however.. squeeky cheese they call it here.. and I have had it warm right from the vat in Green Bay...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom