just got back.. here is what I was told..May 2014

bjlc57

Original Poster
I was told that Epcot is going to get a make over.. that Universe of Energy, and Captain Eo and Figment, are all going to be closed.. and that there was some "announcement" this past week on this.. I can tell you that Energy wasn't working hardly at all the whole 10 days we were there and getting very few riders. . we were at a half full Eo.. and didn't ride Figment.. but they are on that spur were you have to back up just to continue into future world. .may be the powers that Be, will put a connection there so you don't have to back track.. and can continue walking around the circle..

AndyS2992

It is no secret that Imagination is due to be reworked and Captain EO is on the way out. These rumours have been going around for a while. Haven't read anything about UoE but it needs work. Nothing will happen though.

Funnily, it has also been revealed that Disney plans to release a ton of fake rumours to take attention away from the new Harry Potter expansion which is opening shortly. :cautious:

Last edited:

Kman101

Not that SOMEONE wouldn't say something, but don't things get announced to cast members privately at times, first? Just saying that maybe that's what it is by the OP saying they were "announced"?

I want to believe this. I want to believe so much that they will make over those rides, but our luck all three will close without any replacement.

It's no secret really that Imagination was supposed to close this year (or was it last year? Sooo many rumors to keep track of) and EO has always been 'temporary' so it's a safe assumption that at some point it would be replaced.

Kman101

I know Project Gemini was hated amongst fans, but I think certain aspects (more greenery, calling it Discoveryland) really isn't that horrible of a thought considering we're now possibly going to see Maelstrom gutted for Frozen, and at one point a Princess Pavilion was on the table! I think a lot of the makeovers in Gemini were a bit weak, but Future World it isn't at this point. Discoveryland would be more fitting with their current agenda.

lazyboy97o

Not that SOMEONE wouldn't say something, but don't things get announced to cast members privately at times, first? Just saying that maybe that's what it is by the OP saying they were "announced"?

I want to believe this. I want to believe so much that they will make over those rides, but our luck all three will close without any replacement.

It's no secret really that Imagination was supposed to close this year (or was it last year? Sooo many rumors to keep track of) and EO has always been 'temporary' so it's a safe assumption that at some point it would be replaced.
An internal announcement to front-line Cast Members would make its way online.

NowInc

I was there this past weekend and I don't know what YOU saw, but Energy was running with many many riders, imagination had a 30+ minute wait almost every time I glanced at it, EO was packed as well.... (lack of things to do make it easy to fill up what IS there)....

was there all weekend and yep energy had steady riders 2 days i went by and Imagination had 30-45 minute waits most of sat/sun and mon. Mindboggling was the steady 30-45 min. minute waits for spaceship earth even at 6pm that usually tails off as day goes on.

The Empress Lilly

I can confirm it.

The theater is getting a redo into 'Captain EA' (Captain Elsa and Anna). A 4D movie about the exploits of our bearded bronie Captain as his soul patch braves the 470 minute wait to get his anniversary 25th picture taken with the two princesses.

Meanwhile Energy is going to be turned into 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Energy Edition'. A budget has just been approved that will modernise this pavilion from 1996 to 2003.

tl77

If these pavilions were going to be closed I think they would have to let the cast member know since their jobs depend on it... but just because they close an attraction doesn't necessarily mean they improve it or even reopen it

and I don't think it was too surprising the place was busy this weekend, since it was Memorial Day Weekend which began with the 24 hour promotion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom