Just Engaged: An August 2010 Trip Report!

As the title suggests, this was an especially exciting trip for us and I can’t wait to share all of the fun details. Seeing as how I am lucky enough to write one of these every few months or so, I’m going to forego the normal introductions. Instead, why don’t I share five non-Disney things you might not already know about the two of us? Let’s see... non-Disney stuff?! This might be hard!

1 – We love live music! Seriously, aside from Disney, this is what we spend money on. Some of our favorite artists we’ve seen live include David Gray, Ben Folds, Brandi Carlile, Ryan Adams and the Cardinals, KT Tunstall, She & Him, Jack Johnson, A Fine Frenzy, Counting Crows, Nickel Creek, and Jimmy Buffett to name a few.

2 – We name inanimate objects and refer to them as such... this is especially true for electronics, and oddly enough they really do take on personalities. No,seriously! For example, our laptops are Petunia (mine) and Frances (his); our Garmin’s are Neville and Navi; and my camera is more affectionately known as Ginger. Weird? Maybe just a little bit. :ROFLOL:

3 – As much as I hate to admit it, we are complete and utter TV junkies. We LOVE our TV. And if I had to pick the one show we are jointly most excited to see this fall season it would have to be Dexter. Bring on the creepy.

4 – We are totally one of those couples who met at a bar. It just so happened that we both worked there while in college. Ahhh... everyone loves a good cliché, right?! :lookaroun

5 – We have a standing tradition of buying one another a book to celebrate each holiday. And when I say holiday, I mean every holiday you can think of from St. Patrick’s Day to Christmas. Usually the only time we stray outside the lines is on birthdays. We’ve built quite an impressive collection so far ranging from popular fiction to non-fiction, children’s books to biographies and we throw in some Disney “coffee table” books and “Art of’s” for good measure every now and then. Amazon is our friend! As are the myriad of used book stores we come across in the different places we visit. We already have enough to fill our own library when we buy a house!

Of course, no introduction is complete without the requisite photo, but for the heck of it, let’s go “old school.” Here we are with the elusive Rescue Rangers in 2004:

Nov04040.jpg

We started planning this trip sometime after the Princess Half Marathon and eventually booked when the AP rates came out earlier in the summer. To be more precise, while I was in the midst of a quick weekend trip with my mom, Brett called and made the resort reservations, solidifying our stay at Caribbean Beach from August 13-August 17. And then, as per usual, we decided we would drive down after work on Thursday, so we booked a hotel through priceline for the night of the 12th.

Just the other day I realized that we haven’t repeated a resort since I began writing trip reports... so here’s a look back:
The Contemporary – September 2008
Old Key West – December 2008
Port Orleans Riverside – January 2009
Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom Lodge – July 2009
The Beach Club – December 2009
Pop Century – March 2010
Coronado Springs – June 2010

We were both incredibly excited for this trip because we felt like it was our first truly “us” trip in a long while that spanned a decent amount of time and didn’t include some kind of endurance event to focus on. :eek: Okay, so I’m not gonna lie... I went into this trip “hoping” there’d be a little something special, but not really expecting it. There was one small detail that tipped me off ahead of time. I ALWAYS maintain the reservations and type up a minimal list of our dining plans/confirmation #s and before I could do it for this trip, Brett told me he typed it up at work one day when he had some free time. Hmmmm... interesting. I started wondering if he’d made some changes to the dining. And then I started thinking, why would he have any reason to mess with our dining?! I tried to dismiss this thought though, mostly because I didn’t want to be disappointed if it turned out he wasn’t planning on proposing. Thankfully, he did! So let’s get to it…

Brett

I'd be honored to take over, but the quality of this report would decrease drastically.

Plus, the pictures are all on Petunia...

mrtyoung

Brilliant trip report as always. I always enjoy your reports and this one is has been a great read.Can't wait for the next installment.

Congrats to you both on your engagement!!:sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

Well dang! Guess it's time to get my head out of my behind....again! Over the last week or so I know I've thought at least 3 or 4 times that you must be terribly busy not to have posted a report yet. Then I'd think, "And what's the hold-up with Brett? When's he gonna pop the big question on Holly? I bet it happens at WDW. They're going in December. Yeah, it'll be December..." Seriously. I think your title threw me all this time. I wasn't expecting a "Just Engaged" read for this trip report! So last night I laid in bed, did some hand-sewing on a teddy bear until my eyes wouldn't cooperate anymore, picked up my iPhone to take a quick spin thru the boards, and spotted your report. I totally kicked myself right there in the bed. I thought I woke Tracey up. Sooooo....I squinted my way thru all 10 pages of what's posted. Didn't get to sleep until 3:30 a.m. But it was soooooo worth the read!

So, here's what I recall thinking last night. Then I'm gonna go take a nap. Or sew some more then take a nap. :D

First of all, way to go! Many congrats on a fantastic engagement! Color me jealous. I wish I had a cool engagement story to share. But, alas, it was July 4th 1993...Tracey and I ran up to the grocery store to fetch chili for the Mexican omelettes a friend's aunt was cooking up...and in the parking lot before we got out of his beat-down ol' truck he turns to me (after joking all day about someday when we're married) with this astonished expression and says, "Really? You'd really marry meeeee??? For real???" And I said, "I can't imagine spending the rest of forever with anyone else. Nobody else is half as entertaining as you." And that was it. Engaged. No ring. No surprises. Just an agreement that it was the fun thing to do. LOL! Romantical-n-stuff, huh? :lol:

I have no idea who any of those musicians/artists you named are except maybe I've heard of Nickel Creek (? I think it was) and Jimmy. Love Jimmy. Love a good storyteller. Loooove it. Favorite story: Boomerang Love from Tales from Margaritaville. I had me one of those boomerang loves in a different lifetime. I'm such a romantic sap! And I totally used his parental idea he talked about in A Pirate Looks at Fifty when he talks about the "everywhere" police when he was in the airport with Cameron. That works! Chandler & Brian were convinced for many years that if they didn't behave like little gentlemen in McDonalds that the McDonalds Police were gonna come bustin' out thru the kitchen door to haul them off to McDonalds jail. LOL! Write that one down, Holly. It works!

I love that y'all name inanimate objects. My mom names her cars which I always thought was somewhat odd. I've even heard of naming body parts (<---not saying another word there.. :cool:). But the fact that your laptops and camera and other inanimate things are named is quite creative and interesting. Neato!

Yes, I'm in the club with those who have named the voices in their car/navigation system. "Stupid Linda" lives in the dash of my TL. She was named by Chandler's friend-who-is-a-girl that went to his birthday dinner with us back in March. Prior to being named "Stupid Linda" she was "Stupid B--ch". But I had to be nice in front of company so she got a new name. The boys can entertain themselves all the way to Florida and back playing with Stupid Linda. They like to connect Chandler's iPod to the car and scroll thru the songs to get Stupid Linda to read titles that she goofs up completely (like Da-Do-Do-Do by the Police). Then they get going on the titles that are explicit and sound so much more foul when she reads them. They giggle like girls for hours. **forehead smack** Boys. Sheesh.

Blue Mooooooon! Oh how I love thee!!!!!! I had one of your siblings just this last weekend at Pappasito's. Yuuuuuuummy!

Okay. I admit, the meatballs look sorta out of their element sitting there on slider rolls. They sorta look like pearls propped up in the open mouth of a clam. They look just odd....like a cat that wears a sweater (<---which is very, very cool). I dunno. They just don't look comfortable all nekkid hanging out there alone on each roll. Glad they were yummy, tho! That price woulda made 'em that much better to me, too. LOL!

How did you eat after the engagement shock? I don't know that I could've. No. Wait. It's Tonga Toast. I could've. :slurp: But what time was it that you two were calling the parents to share the news??? Did any of them know he was gonna propose before y'all left?

The hour that you'd be calling totally stood out to me. I have this crazy-mad pet peeve about phone calls before or after the 9 o'clocks unless someone in the immediate family is dead or in danger of imminent death. I totally get absolutely furious with my dad about this all the stinkin' time because no matter how many times I tell him it's inconsiderate he'll call at zero-o'clock because he's up and feels like talking. I'll see it's him on the caller id and refuse to answer. I know it's him. There are 3 people living in their house. Mom calls my cell from her cell. It's free. Jerry won't take the time to go pick up a house phone or dial. I'm on speed dial on his cell so he calls from that. Dad, on the other hand, has to go in the kitchen & look at my number on the wall next to the house phone. And he's the only person who ever calls from the house phone. I know it's him! I refuse to answer. But then I can't go back to sleep wondering if something is wrong with Mom so I have to either call him back or call Mom on her phone to make sure she's okay. However, for the record, I think a proposal after 6 looooong years of waiting falls under the death or near it category so early calls would be okay. LOL!

IMG_6110.jpg

I looooove this picture!!!! The randomness is so perfect. It's an unplanned moment captured forever. Love it!

I totally would love to meet Donald & Daisy together! That's awesome! At least I don't **think** I've met them together before. Were they hanging out together or did they walk out together then separate? I need to go get out my list of stuff I need to do on the next trip.... ((which, coincidentally, is within view..... again.....))

This is, by far, the cutest Lotso meet pic I've seen yet. I think I could almost maybe stomach meeting him now. I dunno. Maybe not. He was just so terrible and hateful. I still wanna smack him, sorta. LOL!

sweetpee_1993

Now there's a beer in need of some grenadine. Loooove me some girly-fruity beers. :slurp:
IMG_6357.jpg

IMG_6344.jpg

IMG_6354.jpg

IMG_6358.jpg

IMG_6345.jpg

As different as the Poly is from the Contemporary, there are a lot of similarities with the room layout and design, especially with the closet space and the entire entertainment center set up (for lack of a better description). The balcony was fabulous and I ended up spending a good bit of time out there, especially that afternoon after we’d unpacked and settled in.

“Chipper, Chipper, check it out!”
“Look, a monorail, Dale.”
“Sure beats last year’s view!”

IMG_8223.jpg

Dontcha just luuuuurve them big ol' fat Poly rooms? I love the space. It's just so....spacious....LOL! Agreed on the similarities to the Contempo rooms. Definitely one of the 1st things Jerry & I thought of when we walked into the Poly room in May '08. I like the Contempo's bedding better, tho. Just me. Good pics. Hi there, Chip-n-Dale! They're so stinkin' cute!

sweetpee_1993

BAM!!!!! Wowzers! Well go on wit yo big bad bling-age there! Dang! That's a puuuur-ty rock! Good job, Brett. Very good. Oh! Oh! Stoppit!!! Yer blindin' me with that thing! Lemme go get my shades.... LOL!

No, seriously, that's a beautiful ring and totally perfect for you. Nothing you haven't heard a dozen times in this thread alone. Just has to be said.

And, um, can I send Brett Tracey's email addresses at work and home and maybe his cell phone number, too? We got married so young and we had literally nothing then...I was married 9 years before I got my first little ol' sorta diamond. We bought it for $275 from a friend of mine who used to buy lots of jewelry in auctions. The sucker still had the original $1600 price tag on it. I think it's time to upgrade to a big-girl's ring set. I've put in enough years, I think. 17 this month. But, sadly, since Christmas of 2005 Tracey has sworn never to buy me jewelry ever again. He shocked my socks off with big ol' horkin' diamond earrings that had super-fat posts that I couldn't hardly get thru my ears. I drilled him for days trying to figure out where he got the money for such (considering I handle all the finances...I woulda noticed a dent like that). His lips were sealed. But I found the receipt the next week...and the paperwork where he opened a line of credit to pay for them. I couldn't even wear the things because the posts were gigantic. We didn't need another bill. So I took them back. He didn't speak to me for 2 days. I cried when I handed the box back to the jeweler. They were a dream! The thought was there, tho. I know he loves me. But now he absolutely refuses to buy me jewelry. Even when we have the money now!!!! Dangit! Mr. Stubborn. :mad: So, yeah, someone needs to kick him into gear for me. LOL!

IMG_6537.jpg

And the Hall of Presidents appeared to be under siege:

IMG_6552.jpg

Sometime before the late parade we decided to turn in… luckily, there was only a short ride separating ourselves from dear Tuvalu. I think it's safe to say that this was the BEST DAY EVER!

Ooop! Yep! Double-checking the Astro Orbiters at night is on the list of things to do. Hall of Presidents Under Seige! Love it! And, ummm-shyeah! That was a day to file under the 'Best Days' tab. Definitely!!!!!

Hey! Another thumbs-up for Brett! His man-purse doesn't clash with his outfit! :lol: Just kiddin.... :wave:

sweetpee_1993

IMG_6811.jpg

We took our first walk to the TTC… let me tell you, this never got old!

IMG_6812.jpg

IMG_6814.jpg

IMG_6816.jpg

Gotta love presents from the parental units! How sweet is that?!

And ooooooh....how I have fond memories of our strolls to/from the TTC. I dunno. Late at night after a long day notsomuch. But early in the mornings it was so nice and peaceful and all. Very relaxing.

Soooooo, you're gonna take the plunge at WDW!!!! How perfect is that?! Even after we discussed it way back, I still thought a Disney wedding was just too good a fit for you two. There's just no getting around that. Seriously, do the planning thread! I'm still eyeballing those little vow renewals. Ya know....20 years isn't that far off for us....but whoa-dang, Chandler will be a senior in high school. Gaah!!! I'm so glad we aren't going in March. I totally hate having to tackle the hubby everytime he sees people about to get married to keep him from shouting out, "Doooon't do it!!!!! You're ruining your liiiiiiife!!!! Run awaaaaaaaayyy!!!" Men. Ugh. He usually follows that line with, "Poor guy". Then he gives me a little smooch and says, "I'm glad you ruined my life, tho." What am I gonna do with my old horse's patootie?

So Nala was your new friend this trip. Cool. Were you planning on getting her or was it a spur-of-the-moment thing? Yes! When you put your Christmas tree up this year we really do need to see pics of the characters. Which leads me to this question: Do you think y'all will get a Duffy??? Everyone knows I will. However, I've got a make-over for him brewing in my brain. Should be gooooooood stuff!

I must say that I *am* impressed and find it totally note-worthy that you two of have been together for 6 years and y'all still get all sappy-oooey-goooey-sweet. That's really sayin' something. Ever since the full marathon I thought y'all were the cutest little old couple ever. It's just so sweet! And I love that you capture it in words so perfectly. Awwwwww.....

K. That about covers it. Best wishes for Petunia a speedy recovery. Poor thing. Then again, she may have decided to keep all those awesome pics for herself. Never know. I hope not. Can't wait for the next installment. :wave:

Congrats again! :sohappy:

Nicole220

Congrats Holly!!! :sohappy: Oh I do love engagement stories... :D

What a lovely report! I finally found time to read the whole thing, and now I'm anxiously awaiting the rest! I hope Petunia is doing okay. :)

Brett

Update: Petunia is still dead. She has yet to rise from the ashes like a phoenix... or a zombie. Hopefully there will be a new post this weekend. Apologies for the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait.

KnK

Update: Petunia is still dead. She has yet to rise from the ashes like a phoenix... or a zombie. Hopefully there will be a new post this weekend. Apologies for the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait.

It will be worth the wait. I missing her in the scrapbook pages. My guess Petunia has put damper on pages as well.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
You two are HOT! Great pictures...

Well, thank you!

Brilliant trip report as always. I always enjoy your reports and this one is has been a great read.Can't wait for the next installment.

Congrats to you both on your engagement!!

Thanks for all the well wishes! I'm excited to finally finish this here report!

Well dang! Guess it's time to get my head out of my behind....again! Over the last week or so I know I've thought at least 3 or 4 times that you must be terribly busy not to have posted a report yet. Then I'd think, "And what's the hold-up with Brett? When's he gonna pop the big question on Holly? I bet it happens at WDW. They're going in December. Yeah, it'll be December..." Seriously. I think your title threw me all this time. I wasn't expecting a "Just Engaged" read for this trip report! So last night I laid in bed, did some hand-sewing on a teddy bear until my eyes wouldn't cooperate anymore, picked up my iPhone to take a quick spin thru the boards, and spotted your report. I totally kicked myself right there in the bed. I thought I woke Tracey up. Sooooo....I squinted my way thru all 10 pages of what's posted. Didn't get to sleep until 3:30 a.m. But it was soooooo worth the read!

First of all, way to go! Many congrats on a fantastic engagement! Color me jealous. I wish I had a cool engagement story to share. But, alas, it was July 4th 1993...Tracey and I ran up to the grocery store to fetch chili for the Mexican omelettes a friend's aunt was cooking up...and in the parking lot before we got out of his beat-down ol' truck he turns to me (after joking all day about someday when we're married) with this astonished expression and says, "Really? You'd really marry meeeee??? For real???" And I said, "I can't imagine spending the rest of forever with anyone else. Nobody else is half as entertaining as you." And that was it. Engaged. No ring. No surprises. Just an agreement that it was the fun thing to do. LOL! Romantical-n-stuff, huh?

Hi, Kelly! :wave: I've been wondering where you were! I'm happy to know my "just engaged" report snuck up on you, as it kinda did the same to me! You do have a great engagement story and it seems to totally fit who you two are as a couple! And you're so right.. getting married is the "fun thing to do" among other things.

I have no idea who any of those musicians/artists you named are except maybe I've heard of Nickel Creek (? I think it was) and Jimmy. Love Jimmy. Love a good storyteller. Loooove it. Favorite story: Boomerang Love from Tales from Margaritaville. I had me one of those boomerang loves in a different lifetime. I'm such a romantic sap! And I totally used his parental idea he talked about in A Pirate Looks at Fifty when he talks about the "everywhere" police when he was in the airport with Cameron. That works! Chandler & Brian were convinced for many years that if they didn't behave like little gentlemen in McDonalds that the McDonalds Police were gonna come bustin' out thru the kitchen door to haul them off to McDonalds jail. LOL! Write that one down, Holly. It works!

Okay, so the McDonald's cops crack me up. I really will have to store that away for future reference. As for the musical artists... you should check some of them out!

I love that y'all name inanimate objects. My mom names her cars which I always thought was somewhat odd. I've even heard of naming body parts (<---not saying another word there.. ). But the fact that your laptops and camera and other inanimate things are named is quite creative and interesting. Neato!

Yes, I'm in the club with those who have named the voices in their car/navigation system. "Stupid Linda" lives in the dash of my TL. She was named by Chandler's friend-who-is-a-girl that went to his birthday dinner with us back in March. Prior to being named "Stupid Linda" she was "Stupid B--ch". But I had to be nice in front of company so she got a new name. The boys can entertain themselves all the way to Florida and back playing with Stupid Linda. They like to connect Chandler's iPod to the car and scroll thru the songs to get Stupid Linda to read titles that she goofs up completely (like Da-Do-Do-Do by the Police). Then they get going on the titles that are explicit and sound so much more foul when she reads them. They giggle like girls for hours. **forehead smack** Boys. Sheesh.

Ahhh... I'm betting you still refer to Stupid Linda's original name every now and then. :ROFLOL: Am I right?! Looks like Stupid Linda will be doing quite a lot of entertaining as you guys make your cross-country trek to the World!

Blue Mooooooon! Oh how I love thee!!!!!! I had one of your siblings just this last weekend at Pappasito's. Yuuuuuuummy!

Okay. I admit, the meatballs look sorta out of their element sitting there on slider rolls. They sorta look like pearls propped up in the open mouth of a clam. They look just odd....like a cat that wears a sweater (<---which is very, very cool). I dunno. They just don't look comfortable all nekkid hanging out there alone on each roll. Glad they were yummy, tho! That price woulda made 'em that much better to me, too. LOL!

Have you tried Blue Moon's seasonal beers? Harvest Moon is currently in stores and equally delish! I see what you mean about the naked meatballs. They almost didn't need the "bun" because it didn't add a whole lot of flavor. And you're right, the price made them taste all the better.

How did you eat after the engagement shock? I don't know that I could've. No. Wait. It's Tonga Toast. I could've. But what time was it that you two were calling the parents to share the news??? Did any of them know he was gonna propose before y'all left?

The hour that you'd be calling totally stood out to me. I have this crazy-mad pet peeve about phone calls before or after the 9 o'clocks unless someone in the immediate family is dead or in danger of imminent death. I totally get absolutely furious with my dad about this all the stinkin' time because no matter how many times I tell him it's inconsiderate he'll call at zero-o'clock because he's up and feels like talking. I'll see it's him on the caller id and refuse to answer. I know it's him. There are 3 people living in their house. Mom calls my cell from her cell. It's free. Jerry won't take the time to go pick up a house phone or dial. I'm on speed dial on his cell so he calls from that. Dad, on the other hand, has to go in the kitchen & look at my number on the wall next to the house phone. And he's the only person who ever calls from the house phone. I know it's him! I refuse to answer. But then I can't go back to sleep wondering if something is wrong with Mom so I have to either call him back or call Mom on her phone to make sure she's okay. However, for the record, I think a proposal after 6 looooong years of waiting falls under the death or near it category so early calls would be okay. LOL!

I can usually polish off a WHOLE piece of Tonga Toast on my own and let's just say I maybe ate about half of it that morning. Even Tonga Toast couldn't truly stand up to my excitement. As for calling the parents that early, it was a Friday morning so they were all up and ready for work. Don't you just love all the drama that has been created for your family with the invention of the cell phone?!

His parents knew he was going to propose; however, mine did not. He was kinda sorta afraid my mom would inadvertently tip me off, just by being excited for us as the trip approached.

I totally would love to meet Donald & Daisy together! That's awesome! At least I don't **think** I've met them together before. Were they hanging out together or did they walk out together then separate? I need to go get out my list of stuff I need to do on the next trip.... ((which, coincidentally, is within view..... again.....))

This is, by far, the cutest Lotso meet pic I've seen yet. I think I could almost maybe stomach meeting him now. I dunno. Maybe not. He was just so terrible and hateful. I still wanna smack him, sorta. LOL!

Yes, Donald and Daisy were in fact doing meet and greets together. We noticed this a little too late or we totally would've gotten in their line, too. Considering how Disney leaves the same character sets out for months on end, maybe they'll still be doing meets together when you guys are there. My fingers are crossed for you on this next trip!

And yeah... LOTSO needed some real hugs!

Dontcha just luuuuurve them big ol' fat Poly rooms? I love the space. It's just so....spacious....LOL! Agreed on the similarities to the Contempo rooms. Definitely one of the 1st things Jerry & I thought of when we walked into the Poly room in May '08. I like the Contempo's bedding better, tho. Just me. Good pics. Hi there, Chip-n-Dale! They're so stinkin' cute!

Totally agree with you about the bedding at the Contemporary (nothing beats it). But I definitely prefer the Poly grounds/restaurants/pool area over the Contemporary.

BAM!!!!! Wowzers! Well go on wit yo big bad bling-age there! Dang! That's a puuuur-ty rock! Good job, Brett. Very good. Oh! Oh! Stoppit!!! Yer blindin' me with that thing! Lemme go get my shades.... LOL!

No, seriously, that's a beautiful ring and totally perfect for you. Nothing you haven't heard a dozen times in this thread alone. Just has to be said.

And, um, can I send Brett Tracey's email addresses at work and home and maybe his cell phone number, too? We got married so young and we had literally nothing then...I was married 9 years before I got my first little ol' sorta diamond. We bought it for $275 from a friend of mine who used to buy lots of jewelry in auctions. The sucker still had the original $1600 price tag on it. I think it's time to upgrade to a big-girl's ring set. I've put in enough years, I think. 17 this month. But, sadly, since Christmas of 2005 Tracey has sworn never to buy me jewelry ever again. He shocked my socks off with big ol' horkin' diamond earrings that had super-fat posts that I couldn't hardly get thru my ears. I drilled him for days trying to figure out where he got the money for such (considering I handle all the finances...I woulda noticed a dent like that). His lips were sealed. But I found the receipt the next week...and the paperwork where he opened a line of credit to pay for them. I couldn't even wear the things because the posts were gigantic. We didn't need another bill. So I took them back. He didn't speak to me for 2 days. I cried when I handed the box back to the jeweler. They were a dream! The thought was there, tho. I know he loves me. But now he absolutely refuses to buy me jewelry. Even when we have the money now!!!! Dangit! Mr. Stubborn. So, yeah, someone needs to kick him into gear for me. LOL!

I do totally LURVE my ring! It's perfect for me. Like you, I would've been taking the earrings back. Brett and I don't buy anything (or take any vacations) that we can't pay for in advance. I would hate to spend a year paying off something after it was purchased. Maybe this factored into why it took the guy so long to propose. :lol:

Ooop! Yep! Double-checking the Astro Orbiters at night is on the list of things to do. Hall of Presidents Under Seige! Love it! And, ummm-shyeah! That was a day to file under the 'Best Days' tab. Definitely!!!!!

Your next report better have a review of the Astro-Orbiter. I'll be waiting for it!

Gotta love presents from the parental units! How sweet is that?!

Soooooo, you're gonna take the plunge at WDW!!!! How perfect is that?! Even after we discussed it way back, I still thought a Disney wedding was just too good a fit for you two. There's just no getting around that. Seriously, do the planning thread! I'm still eyeballing those little vow renewals. Ya know....20 years isn't that far off for us....but whoa-dang, Chandler will be a senior in high school. Gaah!!! I'm so glad we aren't going in March. I totally hate having to tackle the hubby everytime he sees people about to get married to keep him from shouting out, "Doooon't do it!!!!! You're ruining your liiiiiiife!!!! Run awaaaaaaaayyy!!!" Men. Ugh. He usually follows that line with, "Poor guy". Then he gives me a little smooch and says, "I'm glad you ruined my life, tho." What am I gonna do with my old horse's patootie?

Yeah... there really was no debating over the location. I have an extremely large extended family and none of them live near us. Plus, Brett and I have always wanted something small and intimate so it's just going to be the two of us and our immediate families. No more. As soon as I get this report finished I'll have to start that planning thread... as I'm currently in the throws of dress shopping, which is giving me some major "Dress Stress!"

And yes, let's be sure to keep Tracey away from my wedding. :D

So Nala was your new friend this trip. Cool. Were you planning on getting her or was it a spur-of-the-moment thing? Yes! When you put your Christmas tree up this year we really do need to see pics of the characters. Which leads me to this question: Do you think y'all will get a Duffy??? Everyone knows I will. However, I've got a make-over for him brewing in my brain. Should be gooooooood stuff!

We buy three for each trip. And yes, Nala was a completely spur-of-the-moment purchase. We had a great morning at AK and spent quite a bit of time admiring the lioness on the safari so that had a lot to do with why we picked her. Plus we've seen a lot of the less popular plush fall by the wayside over the years so we like to pick up a "random" every now and then. I'll be sure to include some pictures of the tree when I do my December report.

As for Duffy, I don't really think I'm a fan. I would prefer that they incorporate some of the already great characters they have into Epcot instead of creating a new one. But that's just me!

I must say that I *am* impressed and find it totally note-worthy that you two of have been together for 6 years and y'all still get all sappy-oooey-goooey-sweet. That's really sayin' something. Ever since the full marathon I thought y'all were the cutest little old couple ever. It's just so sweet! And I love that you capture it in words so perfectly. Awwwwww.....

K. That about covers it. Best wishes for Petunia a speedy recovery. Poor thing. Then again, she may have decided to keep all those awesome pics for herself. Never know. I hope not. Can't wait for the next installment.

Congrats again! :sohappy:

Thanks again for all the well wishes... WDW brings out the best in our relationship so I think that's why you see all the ooey-gooey lovey-dovey stuff pop up in my trip reports on a regular basis!

Congrats Holly!!! :sohappy: Oh I do love engagement stories...

What a lovely report! I finally found time to read the whole thing, and now I'm anxiously awaiting the rest! I hope Petunia is doing okay. :)

Thanks, Nicole! I'm a fan of engagement stories myself. I'm happy to say, Petunia is BACK!!!

wonderful report!!!! Congratulations!

Thank you, LeeSeeBabe!!

It will be worth the wait. I missing her in the scrapbook pages. My guess Petunia has put damper on pages as well.

Very true... I've got lots of scrapbook pages to work on, but I have a feeling they're going to hit the back burner a bit, what with all the fun wedding details we have to plan. Although, I'm definitely on a deadline to finish Kathy's book by Christmas.

Petunia is alive!! WOO!

Woo Hoo I am glad to hear that Petunia is alive!
I cant wait to hear about the rest of the trip =)

Thank the good lord, petunia is baaaack!

WooHooo!!!! :sohappy: Yaaaayyy for Petunia!!!!! :sohappy:

That's right... PETUNIA HAS RISEN!! The next update should be sometime tomorrow. I'm so excited to get this thing back on track and finished!

sweetpee_1993

Yay! You're really back! I'll be stalking the thread....

Totally random question of the day since: A. You (& Brett) are so creative, and B. you have more practice than me at naming your electronics. What female name would you imagine for a distant only somewhat related relative who tends to march to the beat of her own drum?

Can't wait for more! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom