Just Back and a few complaints

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
It is a false sense of security. If I wanted to bring a weapon into a park I could strap it to the bottom of a stroller. They don't make the children get out and pick up the strollers and look under neath them. Also you could get into MK without even being bag checked. Get on the monorail at Epcot and travel over to MK and transfer to the MK monorail and walk in. You are already on the inside of the screening when you get off the monorail at MK. Feel safe still?

Disney(land) makes everyone go through the metal detector. Not 100% on strollers because I never carry one.. why don't you go ahead and try that and let us know how far you get.

crxbrett

I don't mind the bubble wands myself. I actually have fun trying to pop some if I do walk by a kid spewing magical Disney bubbles all over. But I will say I would not want a kid doing it inside a restaurant near where I am eating. I haven't encountered that myself though. And I feel bad for anyone who happened to get one right in the eye.

ThatMouse

Bubbles get on your camera lens. If that's allowed, discreet "smokeless" vaping should be allowed as that is how people are staying off tobacco use. Maybe bubble guns should be restricted to smoking areas. And bag checks are MUCH better now. The side effect of having to do a bag check to resort hop is marginal.

nickys

Premium Member
NO Epcot monorail is on the outside of a secured area. That is my whole point. We did this twice last week. You leave Epcot secured area and walk up to the monorail at Epcot on the outside of security and board the monorail to TTC and then can board teh MK monorail .

You do not leave the secure area. The ramp goes up before the gate and security. You do go past the tap stiles / Mickey readers, but the security checks are done right at the fence.

mattdenine

I like the bubble wands, my wife and I actually brought one back for our daughters last year after our adults only trip. But I do agree they shouldn't be used on rides, in lines or in a eating area.

Damon7777

once you get off the monorail, you are mingling with other guests who took the bus, drove their own car or got to Epcot via some other form of non-monorail transportation. I don't think there's any way, short of redesigning the entire entrance, to separate monorail passengers from other guests entering Epcot.

You're kidding us, right?????? Redesigning the Epcot entrance when all is needed is shy of 10 feet security fence and an optional Mickey style sentry.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Bubbles get on your camera lens. If that's allowed, discreet "smokeless" vaping should be allowed as that is how people are staying off tobacco use. Maybe bubble guns should be restricted to smoking areas. And bag checks are MUCH better now. The side effect of having to do a bag check to resort hop is marginal.

Vape guns. That don't look like guns. But also blow bubbles and have a koozie for your beer and a pocket for ID for your emotional security llama.

KBLovedDisney

Wanna know what happens when I see bubbles?

giphy.gif

Damon7777

Guests who enter the Epcot monorail ramps/elevator have already been screened. The ramp(monorail entry point) is inside the *****SECURED**** area.........to reach that point guests would have already been screened either at Int. Gateway or at the general Epcot entry area.

Damon7777

However, having arriving Epcot guests via monorail screen for a second time is absolutely asinine since the fix to stop the screened vs unscreened mingling would be exceptionally easy.
Guests are not too amused with the whole bag check to begin with and Disney subjects arriving Epcot folk via monorail to another totally unnecessary round. Fix the mingling issue with one low level decision maker doing her job and spend the $945 on some extra security fencing.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
NO Epcot monorail is on the outside of a secured area. That is my whole point. We did this twice last week. You leave Epcot secured area and walk up to the monorail at Epcot on the outside of security and board the monorail to TTC and then can board teh MK monorail .
Wrong.
Again.
@nickys and @Damon7777 explained it correctly ~ the entrance to the Epcot monorail is within the secured limits.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I just googled these bubble wands... wow 25 dollars!!! I'm slightly impressed by Disney, I figured these would cost 5.
Then again look at popcorn buckets......

Even when you buy them at Target they're $13. So the Disney mark up isn't really outside the norm.

Those balloons they sell aren't cheap either

We were given a balloon by a cast member at the start of our very first day. We babied that balloon so much because if it popped and we had to replace it, we'd have been out $25. The balloon prices are INSANE.

Ninja Mom

They used to have liver flavored bubbles for dogs. Now they have these for kids.
https://www.amazon.com/Lick-Bubble-...d=1528310682&sr=8-1&keywords=flavored+bubbles.

Can we get some bourbon flavored bubbles for the adults?
Can you imagine how crowded 1st aid would be with all the adults crashing into each other chasing the bourbon bubbles?

There would be zero complaints about bubble wands if all the bubbles were bourbon flavored.

~NM

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Wrong.
Again.
@nickys and @Damon7777 explained it correctly ~ the entrance to the Epcot monorail is within the secured limits.

Clearly the entrance to the monorail station is in the secure area. You can even see the gates in the photo separating secure/non-secure.

If they fenced the area off around the monorail discharge point and moved security screening out from under the monorail station then there would be no need to screen guests again arriving from monorails. Just move the Trams and bus people over to the side. But that would require them to build structures to protect the screening stations.

EPCOT.jpg

ppete1975

Those balloons they sell aren't cheap either
they are so awesome thought.. I always take a pic... but ive never bought one... ive wanted to and just walk around with it for 20 minutes... then give it to a random person.. because
a) cant take it on a ride
b) its going to get annoying
c)I cant take it home
d) its a balloon it will die, its not a lifetime thing
but like ice cream mickey heads I just want one even though it wont last long

LeighM

they are so awesome thought.. I always take a pic... but ive never bought one... ive wanted to and just walk around with it for 20 minutes... then give it to a random person.. because
a) cant take it on a ride
b) its going to get annoying
c)I cant take it home
d) its a balloon it will die, its not a lifetime thing
but like ice cream mickey heads I just want one even though it wont last long

I bought myself a balloon on one trip because I couldn't resist any longer lol. I bought it at the end of the day and kept it in the hotel room. We drove so we were able to take it home with us and it lasted for 4 months. I would've lasted longer but it began to deflate when our house lost power during a snowstorm and we didn't have heat for 3 days. We've been flying into MCO since then so I haven't bought another. But the next time we drive there, I'm buying another balloon to see just how long those things can last now that I live a place that doesn't lose power as easily....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom