Just Back and a few complaints

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
If those are all your complaints then WDW is doing pretty well. These parks are designed for children, children dig the bubble wands, and thus there will be bubbles. And like @1LE McQueen said (nice username, btw), I'll take the minor inconvenience of waiting in a bag line for an extra sense of security.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Is it the hotels on the loop that prevents them from keeping the monorails inside a "safe zone", would be nice if they could make it that once you were on the monorail that it puts you behind the security wall.

No, you go through bag check before you board the monorail at each monorail resort. @networkpro is correct, once you get off the monorail, you are mingling with other guests who took the bus, drove their own car or got to Epcot via some other form of non-monorail transportation. I don't think there's any way, short of redesigning the entire entrance, to separate monorail passengers from other guests entering Epcot.

I can't remember. Is there bag check at the TTC before you get on either the express or Epcot monorails? I've only parked at the TTC once and I believe it was right before they implemented security at the resorts.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Bubble wands....:rolleyes:. We sat behind a family of 6 (2 rows full) 2 adults 4 children on Grand Fiesta Tour. All 4 kids had their own bubble wand...needless to say we sat in a sea of bubbles for the entire ride lol.

Be glad you weren't sitting behind my daughter on Space Mountain right after she got pixie dusted at Castle Couture. That poor young man had almost as much glitter on him as she did!

ELG13

We bought 2 for our kids. We kept them in the room and didn't let them use them much but truth be told....I think I played with it more. It's Disney...it's about family. I loved seeing a stray bubble floating by. I also loved walking through a wall of them. I can't believe you had SUCH a horrible experience with bubbles constantly enough to gripe about them here.
Bag searchers need to be trained better so it's a consistent thing and they had gloves on when we went but they were more to avoid being poked by things.
Needless to say I'd be ok with all those things everyday vs being at work.

LeighM

I like bubbles out in the open but when its used it in an enclosed space I do get annoyed. I got a big bubble in my eye once that I didn't see coming and the soap adhered to my contact and it felt like my eye was on fire :cautious: The parents felt horrible about it and made the boy put it away while in the line. That eye hurt the rest of the day too...

Last edited:

JohnD

No, you go through bag check before you board the monorail at each monorail resort. @networkpro is correct, once you get off the monorail, you are mingling with other guests who took the bus, drove their own car or got to Epcot via some other form of non-monorail transportation. I don't think there's any way, short of redesigning the entire entrance, to separate monorail passengers from other guests entering Epcot.

I can't remember. Is there bag check at the TTC before you get on either the express or Epcot monorails? I've only parked at the TTC once and I believe it was right before they implemented security at the resorts.

I like this system a lot better. Even Universal has something similar. I went through bag check at the Sapphire Falls resort boat dock. So you have to do it more times. Fewer people at each bag check scattered around than a huge bottleneck right outside MK, which of course, created another security headache.

KCheatle

I don't like to be a grouch, but like many people on here have already said, I also get frustrated by the EPCOT double-screening. But, in the scheme of things, it usually ends up be a very small amount of time out of my day, and it does provide me peace of mind knowing that it is difficult, and hopefully impossible, for someone wanting to do harm to get through. It's always easier to think of fixes then it is to implement them, so I understand there is a lag in getting this resolved. But, hopefully WDW will get a more efficient way to screen soon.

JohnD

I really don't know why people are complaining. If you're not double-screening for Epcot, you're going through screening each time you leave the monorail at a monorail resort and get back on. Or going through screening at boat docks, even the walkway from the Contemporary to MK. It's now part of life to keep you safe. Just have your stuff ready and open before going through screening and stop complaining.

ppete1975

They would need to change the gloves in between each bag check to prevent any germ exchange. Can't see them doing that
I don't think TSA does, I think that's only when you go from food to non food (money transactions as an example) now that its been mentioned they really should wear gloves.. and now that I think about it prob puncture proof in case of needles...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom