Just Back and a few complaints

daisyduckie

Oh yeah, parents are buying them so disney can make money. :rolleyes: How about parents are buying them to keep the kiddies occupied.
I'm sure you'd think eating while listening to a screaming kid would also be a pain.

Oh my, seriously? There is no other way to keep a kid from screaming???? Never mind that rewarding bad behavior with a toy is never a good idea.

eliza61nyc

Oh my, seriously? There is no other way to keep a kid from screaming???? Never mind that rewarding bad behavior with a toy is never a good idea.

LOL, I'm doing good if that is the only bad idea I've had in my parenting young kids. sure there are other ways but you use what's handy. why do you think kids have all those electronic gizmos while waiting in line?/ why are there gazillon of games. on cell phones? to entertain the masses.

Yes I know they will all grow up to be serial killers from the blowing bubbles :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for the parenting tip, my kids are grown so I've already warped their little brains....
besides I've had some fun times with hubby getting reward for bad behavior ;)

Chill people. They are toys, it ain't that deep

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
LOL, I'm doing good if that is the only bad idea I've had in my parenting young kids. sure there are other ways but you use what's handy. why do you think kids have all those electronic gizmos while waiting in line?/ why are there gazillon of games. on cell phones? to entertain the masses.

Yes I know they will all grow up to be serial killers from the blowing bubbles :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for the parenting tip, my kids are grown so I've already warped their little brains....
besides I've had some fun times with hubby getting reward for bad behavior ;)

Chill people. They are toys, it ain't that deep

I don't think that the argument here is that bubbles are bad for kids, but rather that they're inconsiderate to the other people around the area. Especially when the area is a line queue or other place with limited room, or anywhere there is food.

I have bought my daughter a bubble wand, and she loves playing with bubbles. But I'm certainly teaching her to be considerate to the people around her when she uses them.

eliza61nyc

I don't think that the argument here is that bubbles are bad for kids, but rather that they're inconsiderate to the other people around the area. Especially when the area is a line queue or other place with limited room, or anywhere there is food.

I have bought my daughter a bubble wand, and she loves playing with bubbles. But I'm certainly teaching her to be considerate to the people around her when she uses them.

And we can say that about 100 things at the world. I hate those greyhound strollers that are disguised as strollers. 400 inches wide and with kids big enough to legally order a beer. I dislike with a passion folks who use their Ipads to take pictures so now 12 inches of your view is block every time they hold the darn thing up.

yes this is the internet so I know everyone's husbands are handsome, nobody's kids would ever dare be anything but considerate and every mom here is just perfect and doesn't need anything at all to keep their child from having a melt down.

MY point was they are bubbles, a child's toy NOT the launch codes to nuclear weapons. giving a kid a toy to calm them down is not going to make them a candidate for Jerry springer nor damage their little psyche and I would think a screaming kid would more inconsiderate lol if I'm in a limited room space.

ok so I'll play along. Yes ban them, they are evil. get rid of all parents who cannot control their little ones.

geekza

yes this is the internet so I know everyone's husbands are handsome, nobody's kids would ever dare be anything but considerate and every mom here is just perfect and doesn't need anything at all to keep their child from having a melt down.
Are we talking about the same Internet? ;)

draybook

I dislike with a passion folks who use their Ipads to take pictures so now 12 inches of your view is block every time they hold the darn thing up.

THIS!!!! I cannot like or quote this enough. People who hold up any device they are using to record make me laugh. If only those product makers would design a button that allows the device to zoom in on whatever it is the buyer is trying to focus on...

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
And we can say that about 100 things at the world. I hate those greyhound strollers that are disguised as strollers. 400 inches wide and with kids big enough to legally order a beer. I dislike with a passion folks who use their Ipads to take pictures so now 12 inches of your view is block every time they hold the darn thing up.

MY point was they are bubbles, a child's toy NOT the launch codes to nuclear weapons. giving a kid a toy to calm them down is not going to make them a candidate for Jerry springer nor damage their little psyche and I would think a screaming kid would more inconsiderate lol if I'm in a limited room space.

ok so I'll play along. Yes ban them, they are evil. get rid of all parents who cannot control their little ones.

Have you tried breathing? You might want to try taking a deep breath.

Winter

Ahhhhhhh I hate those stupid bubble wands too

As for The Bag Check... I guess as time goes on, security increases, and security is important, so I suppose there's not much that can be done about it. It's annoying, but it's neccisary.

LeighM

All I can say is that my eye was never hurt from a child's scream while in line unlike the bubble wand when a bubble got into my eye LOL. Plus, most parents will take their screaming child out of a line or restaurant in order to be considerate to other guests. In fact, my good friend just came back from WDW and she had to miss most of a dinner and all of her favorite Star Wars characters when her toddler kept screaming. And I definitely know that if I was of a certain age and my Mom or Grandma told me to start behaving myself and I didn't stop, my reward wouldn't have been a bubble gun :joyfull:

danyoung56

Anything in moderation is OK. But kids with their fingers solidly mashed on the bubble gun, and thousands of bubbles choking off the walkways? Very uncool. Now, if I stack my fussiness up against the happiness of a child with a bubble gun, I'll come down on the side of the kid every time. But it doesn't change the fact that I'm not wild about walking through huge clouds of bubbles.

correcaminos

Bag check issues would be exactly why I only carry my cell phone, DVC & AP cards and my ID. I found a cell phone holder with a strap that is not considered a bag. Much nicer to enter the parks now.

Haven't had an offsite with bubble wands this week. Just glad my offspring stopped asking for one.

daisyduckie

So by that you mean we should just all be inconsiderate so and so's??? Maybe I should bring along a super soaker and have the kids use that in line? After all, it is just a toy and it is just water, no big deal, right? As long as they are entertained and not screaming, why bother looking for something that keeps the kids happy and doesn't annoy others?

LUVofDIS

It makes me smile to see kids having fun with bubble wands. They’re kids.. they won’t use bubble wands forever, let them enjoy it. Bubbles haven’t been known to hurt people.

I have really only seen the bubble wands at Fantasmic and a few other large shows with the occasional one while walking in the park and maybe a couple times while waiting in a queue. I have never seen them in a restaurant or on a ride. We normally try to go to WDW twice a year, so we are often.

That said, I also have never seen a gold treasure while diving, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Now, I will admit, when I see bubbles I see a challenge. I reach for my camera like a gun slinger reaches for his gun during a duel. I try to get them in focused and concentrate on a single bubble. Problem is, I am like a dog and chase each and every bubble, only with my camera instead of my mouth.

Much better than using a regular backpack with 50 little compartments that take 50 minutes to look through.

I personally don't mind waiting in bag check, the longest we waited is maybe five minutes. It may be a flawed sense of security, it is still some security and in the right direction. I am guilty of a large complicated bag, I carry a large camera bag that usually weighs 30 to 40 pounds. Yes I know already. But I always have all the zippers open, any balky items removed and make it as easy for security as I can. It usually takes ten or fifteen seconds to go through it all. The one thing I wish Disney would do, would be to make everyone go through the metal detectors. I may be have to go through 20% of the time. And yes I have recorded many of these numbers. I am an engineer and no, sadly not the fun kind that drives the train. It drives my wife crazy, everything is numbers to me.

nickys

Premium Member
If children playing with bubbles irritates you, maybe Walt Disney World isn't your scene.

I can't resist... If you find people visiting other resorts than their own "gauche", then maybe WDW isn't your scene either. ;)

Just because something irritates you, does not mean you need to avoid it altogether. You could just learn to tolerate it, as I suspect you have done in the example I just used!

Disney4family

I have really only seen the bubble wands at Fantasmic and a few other large shows with the occasional one while walking in the park and maybe a couple times while waiting in a queue. I have never seen them in a restaurant or on a ride. We normally try to go to WDW twice a year, so we are often.

That said, I also have never seen a gold treasure while diving, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Now, I will admit, when I see bubbles I see a challenge. I reach for my camera like a gun slinger reaches for his gun during a duel. I try to get them in focused and concentrate on a single bubble. Problem is, I am like a dog and chase each and every bubble, only with my camera instead of my mouth.

I personally don't mind waiting in bag check, the longest we waited is maybe five minutes. It may be a flawed sense of security, it is still some security and in the right direction. I am guilty of a large complicated bag, I carry a large camera bag that usually weighs 30 to 40 pounds. Yes I know already. But I always have all the zippers open, any balky items removed and make it as easy for security as I can. It usually takes ten or fifteen seconds to go through it all. The one thing I wish Disney would do, would be to make everyone go through the metal detectors. I may be have to go through 20% of the time. And yes I have recorded many of these numbers. I am an engineer and no, sadly not the fun kind that drives the train. It drives my wife crazy, everything is numbers to me.
I'm married to an engineer - and not the fun train kind. :p
You're lucky you haven't waited long. We've never been so fortunate.
But - I would rather be waiting in line there than somewhere near home. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom