Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

Rob562

"Jurassic World attraction" doesn't necessarily mean Velocicoaster. A key part people missed in the original tweet about the animatronics/puppets is the hashtag #JurassicWorldTheExhibition...

-Rob

Tom Morrow

This is so smooth all the feelings will be in your hips like skiing deep powder. Hagid's plussed for a better feeling? My face will break from smiling
mfw riding Velocicoaster:

89611.jpg

PostScott

I've been trying to predict when this coaster is opening. It's been ahead of schedule for months and I can't put my finger on when Universal would want to open it. The opening date is summer and I think Universal knows that it'll be ready before summer, but it's smart to give themselves extra time in case they needed to fix up some stuff like hagrids.

The exterior is almost done and I've heard that mainly the stuff left is the interior work and the queue. I'm sure the coaster will be ready by the end of March but it doesn't mean that it'll open then. Anyone have an idea of when it'll open?

JT3000

I've been trying to predict when this coaster is opening. It's been ahead of schedule for months and I can't put my finger on when Universal would want to open it. The opening date is summer and I think Universal knows that it'll be ready before summer, but it's smart to give themselves extra time in case they needed to fix up some stuff like hagrids.

The exterior is almost done and I've heard that mainly the stuff left is the interior work and the queue. I'm sure the coaster will be ready by the end of March but it doesn't mean that it'll open then. Anyone have an idea of when it'll open?
My guess, it'll open at a time they deem not completely inappropriate to open a new ride. I don't think the ride's actual readiness will even factor into the equation.

Patcheslee

I

On previous "summer" openings for rides and attractions it's spanned May 25-June 30th the past few years. This year could be anything though.

SplashJacket

While there are certainly some areas in the park where views are not as good as they used to be, as a coaster enthusiast, this looks awesome. I'm sure it'll be awhile before my kids are tall enough, however. Looks like a 54" ride.
Honestly, in terms of lake views, I think it is an improvement. Most areas of the park have very little interaction with the water, but this ride has an on-water entrance and an on-water path.

I definitely like the whole aesthetic they pulled off. I definitely agree it looks awesome.

ToTBellHop

Honestly, in terms of lake views, I think it is an improvement. Most areas of the park have very little interaction with the water, but this ride has an on-water entrance and an on-water path.

I definitely like the whole aesthetic they pulled off. I definitely agree it looks awesome.
My only concern is the impact from Hogsmeade. But I’ll get over it.

J4546

imagine if disney built a coaster like this instead of an indoor big box coaster. not that im saying the indoor coasters are bad i cant wait for GotG and Tron, but jeez, if they built a well themed outdoor coaster in one of their parks thatd be cool

Tom Morrow

The thematic design on this coaster seems to me a lot more like what Hagrid's should have been: Physical props and sets that you narrowly twist through and around, not just a manicured open botanical garden with rows of evergreens.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom