Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

Capt. Hook

In the Parks
No
Theming-wise, it's not that hard to top Hagrid's.
It's no Taron for sure when it comes to launched coaster theming in its class, but I rank Hagrid's pretty high up in Uni's overall coaster ensemble. Certainly more immersive than Hulk, RRR, and its predecessor.

Tom Morrow

It's no Taron for sure when it comes to launched coaster theming in its class, but I rank Hagrid's pretty high up in Uni's overall coaster ensemble. Certainly more immersive than Hulk, RRR, and its predecessor.
I agree, it’s just that Uni marketed Hagrid’s as “the most immersive coaster ever.”

JoeCamel

Love the marketing people, they really can't say "kinda a great ride or a cool expansion". It always has to be "best sliced bread ever, so cool it butters itself!".

JT3000

Love the marketing people, they really can't say "kinda a great ride or a cool expansion". It always has to be "best sliced bread ever, so cool it butters itself!".
Ridiculous hyperbole is synonymous with marketing. Still beats coming up with a fake African word in order to straight up lie to people about the fundamental nature of your park. :facepalm:

OG Runner

I agree. Think of the advertisement for Fast and Furious. The fact is how many people would even try a ride marketed as
"a ride you might enjoy, if you like that sort of thing". Sorry, Joe, I know I am pretty much repeating what you said, but it
deserved repeating.

BubbaisSleep

Universal has always had glorified commercials. Look at Japan’s commercials, which is pretty much cgi recreations of the actual ride.

Sometimes advertising can bite Universal in the butt, like Fast & Furious. But for the most part “most-immersive” coaster isn't a stretch compared to other things as many ppl do feel it is. Most visitors don’t know about Taron to compare Hagrids too.

Tom Morrow

I hate to go against my own complaints by bringing up a Disney comparison, but Disney's advertising on new attractions is typically along the lines of "come check out this new experience!", avoiding making claims about what it is better than. I know why regional theme parks do this - because their guests are mostly locals who don't know or care to compare, but parks that are global destinations, in my opinion, should be above that type of advertising.

Universal has always had glorified commercials. Look at Japan’s commercials, which is pretty much cgi recreations of the actual ride.

Sometimes advertising can bite Universal in the butt, like Fast & Furious. But for the most part “most-immersive” coaster isn't a stretch compared to other things as many ppl do feel it is. Most visitors don’t know about Taron to compare Hagrids too.
Most visitors DO know about Big Thunder Mountain, which is significantly more immersive and 40 years old.

Though, checking the official site, it seems that Universal has changed the description to "Universal's most immersive roller coaster" which is fine.

BubbaisSleep

Most visitors DO know about Big Thunder Mountain, which is significantly more immersive and 40 years old.

Though, checking the official site, it seems that Universal has changed the description to "Universal's most immersive roller coaster" which is fine.
Yeah I’m sure many do know about BTM & still would consider Hagrid’s to be more immersive & fun. Are you trying to pass your opinion on what’s more immersive as a fact?

As I said, only a few rides can be compared to Hagrids by the general public, evident by you having to bring up a 40 year old coaster. Most are not comparing Disney/Universal or bringing up a coaster from a whole different country. You tell the GP that a certain ride is the biggest & baddest, the public will eat it up as long as it appears so.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom