Jungle Cruise rehab

MousDad

Just to follow up on my previous post, if IJ gets a mini-land outside of DHS (or it is used to theme Night Kingdom), I think it is quite possible Star Tours (and other SW attractions) could end up at the MK (Tomorrowland). Of course that would mean there won't be a "Lucasland" at DHS but it would allow the IJ/SW franchises a lot more space to expand and fully realize their potential at WDW. It will be fun to see what happens.:)

"Tomorrowland" + "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" = ?????????

jt04

"Tomorrowland" + "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" = ?????????

I know I know, I was thinking the same thing as I wrote it and it does create a theming problem. But I don't think anyone much cares at Disneyland that ST is in TL. Of course I would love to see MK's TL converted into what they did in Paris and TDS. The retro/steampunk theming is amazing and I think would make it easier to incorporate the Star Wars franchise. Of course I think a "Lucasfilm Studios" mini-land would be awesome at DHS if they can find "space" for it. (Pun somewhat intended:lol:).

Sorry for the drift but tis my favorite subject to conjecture on what they might be "UP" to. (mild Pixar reference)

bjlc57

I'll ask a question..

as you used to go into the cave on the jungle cruise, there used to be an earthquake or something and the rocks would fall into the water at the entrance of the cave. will this effect ever be brought back?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
as you used to go into the cave on the jungle cruise, there used to be an earthquake or something and the rocks would fall into the water at the entrance of the cave. will this effect ever be brought back?

Perhaps you are confusing the Jungle Cruise with a different attraction. :shrug:

tdonald

Nice! <Sneaks off, goes into past to destroy plans for MK upcoming attraction Stitch's Great Escape>

Ooh can I come? Please, please, please! :D

I think DHS would definitely benefit from and Indy ride, and the one at DL is awesome so if they could make it even better it could become the best ride at DHS. Once Pixar Place (not to mention that stupid AI attraction that will close in 5-10 years max.) is completed, and Star Tours is re-done, DHS will be well on they're way to becoming a (dare I say) full (or maybe even two) day park.

Captain Hank

Perhaps you're thinking of a somewhat similar effect in Big Thunder Mountain?

bjlc57

sorry but I am correct...

since I have been going to the park since it opened in 1971, Yes the temple ruins did fall into the water on this ride. so, this may be just a touch before your time. I was 14 back then and I remember this happening and I don't think Big Thunder Mountain railroad existed back then. neither did space mountain.

but the jungle cruise opened with the park.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
since I have been going to the park since it opened in 1971, Yes the temple ruins did fall into the water on this ride. so, this may be just a touch before your time. I was 14 back then and I remember this happening and I don't think Big Thunder Mountain railroad existed back then. neither did space mountain.

but the jungle cruise opened with the park.

My first visit to Magic Kingdom was in 1972, so it was not before my time. I don't remember any of the temple ruins falling into the water then.

You may be right...but I don't recall it. :shrug:

Perhaps you witnessed something actually breaking off the temple while you were there in their opening days, and it has since been repaired. :lol:

jt04

My first visit to Magic Kingdom was in 1972, so it was not before my time. I don't remember any of the temple ruins falling into the water then.

You may be right...but I don't recall it. :shrug:

Perhaps you witnessed something actually breaking off the temple while you were there in their opening days, and it has since been repaired. :lol:

Can't say I recall this effect either. Perhaps you are thinking of the moving underwater pillars on 20,000 LUTS. :confused:

Where is Marni?

Lee

Adventurer
Never heard of that effect....ever.
How would you even make ruins fall into the water and then reset before the next boat?

imagineer boy

Nice! <Sneaks off, goes into past to destroy plans for MK upcoming attraction Stitch's Great Escape>

Be sure to take the T-1000 with you!:D

I think DHS would definitely benefit from and Indy ride, and the one at DL is awesome so if they could make it even better it could become the best ride at DHS.

It really is a shame that Disney wasn't far-sighted enough to jump on the band wagon and build the attraction in time for the release of the film. The promotions would've been spectacular.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom