Trip Club June 2013

gooftroop5

How do you get them up the next morning? How old are your kids?

When we went last summer my kids were 8, 5, and 2. The 2 year old fell asleep in the stroller many nights, but the 8 and 5 year olds wouldn't stop! It amazed me because we are very strict at home with 8pm bedtimes. If we did a late EMH would let them sleep in the next day and do an easy pool day and hit the parks in the late afternoon/evening. We didn't do every late EMH, but we always had really good luck with them. Lower crowds, no heat, and happy kids. It worked for us. :)

Another plus is that we drive so we always drive to the parks making coming back to the resort a little easier than trying to hold sleeping kids on the buses/monorail.

Pooh'sBuddy

When we went last summer my kids were 8, 5, and 2. The 2 year old fell asleep in the stroller many nights, but the 8 and 5 year olds wouldn't stop! It amazed me because we are very strict at home with 8pm bedtimes. If we did a late EMH would let them sleep in the next day and do an easy pool day and hit the parks in the late afternoon/evening. We didn't do every late EMH, but we always had really good luck with them. Lower crowds, no heat, and happy kids. It worked for us. :)

Another plus is that we drive so we always drive to the parks making coming back to the resort a little easier than trying to hold sleeping kids on the buses/monorail.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Pooh'sBuddy

Two questions for the Club:

1)Do you think/know if FP+ will be in use June 1?

Me: 1) do not know. you would think they would tell us by now if so.

Either it will be released in the next 50 days and be a moderate to big mess or they'll wait to have their Ts crossed and Is dotted. My guess is they'll wait.

2)Will this be your first time visiting the new expanded Fantasyland?

2) It will be our first visit since the opening.

Yes, although I'm not that impressed. Maybe I will be if we can get into BOG.

Tink0102

69 more days...woo hoo! That's only 2 months and 9 days!!!! Only 48 more working days before we leave...woo hoo.
Bought my new flip flops Saturday and have been wearing them since trying to get them good and broken in before our trip...I even wore them to church yesterday. Disney credited back the 90.00 to my account today from the summer discount they applied...life is good! If only we were close enough to start packing....then life would be GREAT!!!!

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen

1) I asked this a while back in a post and most people seemed to think it unlikely that FP+ would be fully implemented by then. Maybe limited testing at some resorts, but I'd be surprised. I really hope not - I do not like the idea of only being able to use FP in one park per day. We'd really like to get in one more trip before they screw it all up!
2) Our last trip was Aug 2012, so this will be our first time since it opened! Really looking forward to BOG and heard great things about Enchanted Tales with Belle.

gooftroop5

1. If they do.....YIKES! I would think they would do limited testing all summer and gradually introduce it. But that's just my thought.

2. YES! We went December 2012. I think if it all opened at once and not just gradually (Barnstormer/Dumbo, etc earlier 2012, Mermaid/Belle/BOG late 2012) I would have been more impressed. Great theming, but since we had just been in June 2012 it wasn't much more to add. My daughter loved meeting Ariel and the ride. We didn't have time to squeeze in Belle. If you haven't been since Dumbo moved then you will most likely be more impressed. I enjoyed it, but can't wait for it to be completed with the Mine Train and Fairytale Hall. We will be there in June 2014 as well so I will get my day! :p

MaxsDad

To clarify, if interested, I have been to Storybook Circus, as i was there in September. Dumbo at night is pretty cool there.

Enchanted Tales with Belle: I noticed this seems to have significant wait times, and seems to be getting good "press" from this community. Is this simply a modification of Storytime with Belle that was across from Ray's, or is it something different?

RedDad

I've heard really good things about ETWB too. Some of our friends were there about a week ago and their boys loved it. Don't know all the details, but one of their kids got chosen to act out a play with Belle.

We plan to hit that first thing when we do MK, after our pre-opening breakfast at CP, as the lines get really long quick.

MouseDreaming

1) I asked this a while back in a post and most people seemed to think it unlikely that FP+ would be fully implemented by then. Maybe limited testing at some resorts, but I'd be surprised. I really hope not - I do not like the idea of only being able to use FP in one park per day. We'd really like to get in one more trip before they screw it all up.
This, exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself. Our last trip was March 2011. Interested in the new Fantasyland, but mostly, I think it will be strange that Dumbo isn't in the "right spot".

RedDad

This, exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself. Our last trip was March 2011. Interested in the new Fantasyland, but mostly, I think it will be strange that Dumbo isn't in the "right spot".
Doing Dumbo in it's new spot was weird at first, but it's much better imo. No more rushing to get Dumbo done before the line gets huge. We walked on Dumbo every time we did it last time.

RedDad

Anyone else notice that Billy Dee Williams and Warwick Davis will be at SWW June 7-9? Can't decide how I feel about it. We'd planned on going that weekend, but don't really care about meeting the celebs. We like star wars but aren't really "enthusiasts" like some folks. I'm thinking the crowds may be even worse now...:eek:

Still, would be cool to see Lando!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom