Trip Club June 2013

Pooh'sBuddy

The good news is that those numbers are not all that bad, especially for the WDW veterans/repeat visitors. Touring is very managable at that level if you know what you are doing, or much more importantly, know what not to do. If anyone in "the club" feels uncomfortable by these numbers, there are plenty of resources on these boards that could guide you. Just ask.

I agree. I think that if we are up and at the Parks early, we can get in all the attractions we want, especially doing the Extra Magic Hour. It's not like it's a 7 at 9 am, and it's not like a 7 is wall to wall people all over the place. It's good to know in advance what we're headed for. With that said, I do get a little worried we'll have Brazilians all over the place.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Curiousity question: In your original post, I got the impression that you booked using points. If so, Did you book right at 7 months? That's what I had to do when I stayed there. This year I did not have a firm date until February. So when I booked, it started as a split stay at AKV, went to a unsplit stay at Kidani, went to a split stay at BWV-BW view/BWV-preferred view/VWL, then went to a BWV split view stay, then finally settled on BWV preferred view, no room changes. It took a lot of daily checking but I was pretty happy I was able to get it down to that at under four months out.
No, we are not DVC members (yet...one day!). We'd planned to try and rent points, but nothing was available at BCV when we tried to book (right at 7 months out). We just booked through Disney and decided on the villas because we wanted the kitchenette.

RedDad

The good news is that those numbers are not all that bad, especially for the WDW veterans/repeat visitors. Touring is very managable at that level if you know what you are doing, or much more importantly, know what not to do. If anyone in "the club" feels uncomfortable by these numbers, there are plenty of resources on these boards that could guide you. Just ask.
We're not too worried by the numbers, since we feel like we've been enough and know how to do wdw by now. Most of our trips in the past have been in the fall, but we've also been around Thanksgiving, so we've experienced some decent crowd levels before.

MaxsDad

No, we are not DVC members (yet...one day!). We'd planned to try and rent points, but nothing was available at BCV when we tried to book (right at 7 months out). We just booked through Disney and decided on the villas because we wanted the kitchenette.

I kept checking myself, a day or two would pop up occassionally, but nothing close to even being able to piece together with other resorts ever came up. If you buy someday, not a bad home resort to have.

MaxsDad

This is our first June trip, and I'm a worrier by nature. I seek out things to worry about. That's a biggie since we were exposed to them on our January trip.

I hope some one would correct me, but I do not think they come then. It does not make business sense for WDTC to market to them during a time of year when there are plenty of USA customers to sell too.

About the only groups I remember seeing this general time of year are choir/band gruops at EPCOT. They are a relative non-issue.

RedDad

I hope some one would correct me, but I do not think they come then. It does not make business sense for WDTC to market to them during a time of year when there are plenty of USA customers to sell too.

About the only groups I remember seeing this general time of year are choir/band gruops at EPCOT. They are a relative non-issue.
It's my understanding that the Brazilians are concentrated more in Jan-Feb and July-Aug - and they tend to stay at the values. I think we'll be ok in that regard!

gooftroop5

Completely agree! I look at the numbers as a guide of what it will be like during peak afternoon hours and how long those peak hours are. When we go in early June it usually doesn't start to feel busy until 11am or so and starts getting better around dinner. The later in June it is that window gets bigger. Then you've got the 10s during Christmas week that pretty much feel busy all day. o_O

Just follow a plan, even if it is a relaxed plan and you should be fine. For us we plan which park and tour in the morning stopping when we get hungry for lunch or the crowds pick up. Then head back to the resort to swim, rest, tour other resorts, etc. Back out to the parks at dinner. We never have any problems and have gone in June for the past 5 years.

What has always baffled me is when people say to avoid parks with EMH. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE EMH. My kids usually go to bed by 8pm at home, but man oh man at Disney they can go all night. When MK use to be open until 3am my kids would close the park! From 10pm - 3am we would ride EVERYTHING we wanted and sometimes multiple times. I can understand now why they are cutting back on EMH. :rolleyes:

EvilQueen-T

So what does everyone have planned for ADR's in June? We've got:
Ohana dinner (travel day)
Via Napoli
Rose and Crown
BOG dinner
Kona breakfast / Flying Fish dinner
CP breakfast
Wave dinner
Boma breakfast (travel day)

We're thinking about adding one more character breakfast - Tusker still has some available and we've never done it. Usually 2 character meals is the most I can handle!

I've had to do ours around my sisters family being on the regular dining plan and them having a 6 y/o who isn't exactly restaurant friendly. We have only dinners booked...
Ohana's
Be our guest
Whispering canyon
Via napoli
wolfgang puck's downstairs cafe
the plaza
teppan edo's
one night where the parents of said 6 y/o are doing a date night to yachtman's and i'm babysitting so it may be mcdonalds lol
two nights just doing quick serve
and our last night will be just my granddaughter and i so we'll either do citricos or go off property and go to bahama breeze.

Pooh'sBuddy

What has always baffled me is when people say to avoid parks with EMH. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE EMH. My kids usually go to bed by 8pm at home, but man oh man at Disney they can go all night. When MK use to be open until 3am my kids would close the park! From 10pm - 3am we would ride EVERYTHING we wanted and sometimes multiple times. I can understand now why they are cutting back on EMH. :rolleyes:

How do you get them up the next morning? How old are your kids?

RedDad

The only reason to avoid EMH is if you don't use them, since that tends to draw higher crowds to the parks during regular hours. We use morning EMH sometimes, but not evening (young kids), so we typically avoid EMH evening parks. If you go very early and/or very late, then the crowds can be great. We're looking forward to being able to do evening hours as the kids get older.

MaxsDad

The one cardinal rule of WDW touring: EMH Mornings are awesome! But never, ever park hop to a Morning EMH park late in the AM. It will be more crowded than normal, and the early day FP's will be eaten up by those who came closer to 8 am rope drop. If you wait to late evening, it may have cleared out some, but do not expect good FP times.

We used to go to them everyday, and sometimes the night ones too all week. It is draining. Now we usually just go to regular rope drops at 9am. Exception: EMH mornings at MK. <<<< Pinnacle of WDW happiness!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom