June 18th photo update - NO GOLD EARS, Extra SWW, and the statues are back!!!

thimblekisses

Original Poster
Hi, Mouseketeers! Here's another photo update! We went up for Star Wars Weekends yesterday and also made a visit to the Magic Kingdom. Here's what we found!

Darth Tater has been out in the mornings of Star Wars Weekends, and we were early enough to catch him this time!
10128180il.jpg

Both monorails are up and running again, to the resorts and the Magic Kingdom.
10128190by.jpg

10128200qo.jpg

This is just a pretty picture from the sky on Aladdin's Magic Carpets.
10128346vk.jpg

Before we get to the next picture I have to warn you: I am wearing gold Mickey ears in the picture. Why does that require a warning, you ask? Well I'll tell you. THERE ARE NO GOLD EARS AVAILABLE ANYWHERE IN THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT!!!!
Don't say you haven't been warned! If you're going and you want them, they will not be available until July. If you have them and plan to wear them to the parks, be prepared for forty people or more to stop you and feverishly inquire, "WHERE did you get THOSE EARS?!?!?!" (My mother, silly. I'm afraid it's genetic. . .)
I promise you that at least forty people asked us during our time there. We weren't aware that they were even sold out until people started asking us about them. Luckily for us, our names are on them and we have somewhat unusual names, so no one offered to buy them off of us. Someone in gold ears named Jennifer said people kept trying to buy hers off of her. Cast members in the hat shops say they won't have any more until July 5th.

Soooo that being said, here is me on our very first ride on the Riverboat ever (believe it or not).
10128509yu.jpg

And Ryland too.
10128525ge.jpg

On the Riverboat ride we encountered an unfortunate rock in need of repair.
10128648tm.jpg

Apparently if you stand at just the right angle outside Snow White's Scary Adventures, and the photographer squats, it looks like you're wearing the crowns. Two other guests showed us this! Funny. It'd be even funnier if the crownee didn't know you were doing it.
10128780gz.jpg

Back at Star Wars Weekends, we met with Matthew Wood, one of this weekend's guests, the voice of Grievous and Sound Editor. Did you know that he started working for George Lucas at age seventeen as a video game tester?
There's those darned ears again! Catch those kids!
10128828aj.jpg

HAhahahahaha - in the Indiana Jones gift shop, this scrolls on the registers when they're not in use. I found that pretty funny. The SWW merchandise has been relocated to this shop to reduce the traffic in Tatooine Traders as riders exit Star Tours.
10128847hy.jpg

More to come! Stay tuned, Mouseketeers!

that REALLY sucks about the frickin golden mouse ears! i'm going in 3 days and i really wanted a pair with my name in them... EVERY place in the park is sold out?... but-- great update! lol

diddy_mouse

hahhahhah...i love the sign at the Indy gift shop. intresting about the gold ears. that would be quite annoying if you had a common name and someone kept trying to buy the ears off you. :lol: also, the monorail station looked quite crowded! was it because it was up and running again?

thimblekisses

Original Poster
You'll all be very excited to hear about this - the statues in the Castle hub are back! Here they are:
Pluto -
10128983za.jpg

Pinnocchio (did I spell that right?) -
10128966gz.jpg

Donald -
10128973ii.jpg

In this shot of Chip and Dale, you can see more of the pedestal:
10129006vy.jpg

Goofy -
10129014kl.jpg

Brer Rabbit -
10129020xq.jpg

Minnie -
10129036om.jpg

Dumbo -
10129052ei.jpg

We came across this band in Tomorrowland. This is the Walt Disney World Collegiate Band. They have representatives from several colleges in the United States. If you manage to catch them in action, they're very entertaining! They're enthusiastic and have choreography and about 15 minutes per set. They play several sets throughout the day with different songs in each set. See them in Ryland's video post to come!
10128956rf.jpg

We took this picture in front of the castle right before we noticed a few new things on it. . . to come up next!
10129082cn.jpg

Just a few more!

thimblekisses

Original Poster
I don't know how long they've been there, but there have been subtle accents added to the gold decorations on Cinderella's castle. We just noticed them this time.
They seem to have found the Cheshire Cat's ears - for a long time he was earless, without explanation! Apparently they were hanging out with the next set of decorations. . .

10129095jf.jpg

Gold draperies in front of the castle corridor, along with a Pumpkin coach and Cinderella's slipper.
10129106bs.jpg

10129119wx.jpg

Also featured are a huge collection of small friendly animals. Somebody walked by and said this little bunny was Thumper, but it isn't. Generic Woodland bunny. Notice also the owl. They look to me like animals from Sleeping Beauty.
10129124xr.jpg

Birdy and Squirrel! (Can you imagine the people who got assigned to put up the little animals? "Alright, boys, it's time to put up the critters!")
10129140md.jpg

If you look closely, you'll see that there are even two little birds on the draperies below the mirror and two on the mirror.
10129160fy.jpg

That's all for now, Mouseketeers! Look for some more in a couple of weeks!
Also, keep checking back on Ryland's video updates page, he's loading more and more so they'll be able to play for you.

See you real soon!

TinkerBell9988

Woo hoo! I love your photo updates! Thanks so much guys!!!

Oh, and by the way... I also have Golden Mickey Ears... but they're from Disneyland. :animwink: I predict that I will get hassled about them as well, haha.

Pongo

Great photos, as usual.

And great eyes, too. I would have never noticed a little squirrel or owl hiding up in the crevaces of the castle like that. Disney realllllly did well with the themeing for the castle this time. Gotta love it.

thimblekisses

Original Poster
Pongo said:
Disney realllllly did well with the themeing for the castle this time. Gotta love it.

I agree. This is sooooo much better than the giant cake. I hope that it is equally as impressive for WDW's 50th.

Figment1986

Nice photos... Where did you get those ears..

makes me remembver when I went and stayed at all stars weeks before grad night.. picked up a Graduation Mickey cap with ears.... with 2005 lightup

Next time i went before graduation.. (weel of May 20th..) Every other person asked where i got it...

thimblekisses

Original Poster
Pixiedust1393 said:
EVERY place in the park is sold out?

Well, to be honest, I didn't check every place out myself. We got ours in APRIL! Boy were some people upset when we told them that. But according to cast members and 40 or more disappointed guests, there are none ANYWHERE to be had. I think some people spent their whole vacations looking for these hats and forgot to ride rides!

I also neglected to photograph them, but the classic black ears have undergone a bit of a change, too. The logo is no longer a sticker, it is now a patch, ebroidered around the edges. I suppose this is so it stays on better and doesn't fade as easily. They sure are bright!

thimblekisses

Original Poster
Figment1986 said:
Nice photos... Where did you get those ears..

makes me remembver when I went and stayed at all stars weeks before grad night.. picked up a Graduation Mickey cap with ears.... with 2005 lightup

Next time i went before graduation.. (weel of May 20th..) Every other person asked where i got it...

Yeah. . . we wanted to get those for Ryland too, but we waited too long. Gone! he did get the Grad Nite ones, though, but they don't light up.

CaptainMichael

thimblekisses said:
I also neglected to photograph them, but the classic black ears have undergone a bit of a change, too. The logo is no longer a sticker, it is now a patch, ebroidered around the edges. I suppose this is so it stays on better and doesn't fade as easily. They sure are bright!

That is a good change! Did the price change also though?

CaptainMichael

thimblekisses said:
Yeah. . . we wanted to get those for Ryland too, but we waited too long. Gone! he did get the Grad Nite ones, though, but they don't light up.

I didn't even know about those! The Grad Nite ones were nice though!

thimblekisses

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
That is a good change! Did the price change also though?

I could be mistaken, but I think it was those that the people next to us were purchasing. . . they rang up as $7.50. . . but don't hold me to that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom