July 5 Fantasyland aerial photos

Jim Handy

It really is a forest! Are the evergreens near beast real?

I thought I had a good idea of the scale of this project but I may have underestimated it. WOW!

And if they ever decide to reroute the parade it looks like they have left themselves the room to do so. I love that kind of forward thinking.
I don't think there is any intent to bring the parade between the Mine Train and Pooh, if that's what you mean. The west end of Fantasyland is off limits for floats because the CHH dining roommaking entry from LS/Frontierland impossible. The rest of the land is either too busy or too narrow, though they may be able to squeeze by the Tea Cups.

jt04

I don't think there is any intent to bring the parade between the Mine Train and Pooh, if that's what you mean. The west end of Fantasyland is off limits for floats because the CHH dining roommaking entry from LS/Frontierland impossible. The rest of the land is either too busy or too narrow, though they may be able to squeeze by the Tea Cups.

That is why I said "forward thinking". Could be there are longer range plans to relocate a few elements. It appears to me they have not done anything to make that impossible. At the very least there are no new elements that would create a tighter squeeze than that they currently deal with in Liberty Square.

Won't be necessary.. All heavy lifts are complete for the FLE, and the onsite cranes are scheduled to depart soon... A lot of the outward aspects of the Seven Dwarves Mine Train are expected to be presentation ready this fall.. In other words, the bulk of the work will be inside the structure. HVAC is supposed to be completely installed in the show building by mid august...

Cool drawing, can't believe nobody stumbled across these earlier! Yeah, I would agree that 2 more months sounds reasonable to get the major steel done.

That's definitely plenty of time to get steel done since it goes up super fast - it's all basically dependant on getting the foundations in on the south side...what I'm wondering is this vague term of outward aspects being presentation ready by this fall - that sounds unrealistic to me. I don't really think it'll take any less than 6 months from start to finish for the rock work portion and they have a little ways to go before even starting the rock work.

I guess I'm just wondering if wdw71fan or anyone else would actually know what presentation ready would really mean.

RSoxNo1

The only real heavy lifting type construction is the mountain, most of the track is at ground level. This diagram is the structural steel for the mountain

MINE_TRAIN.jpg

http://www.axissteel.com/images/project/MINE_TRAIN.jpg

I colored in red the parts that still have to go up, everything else went together in the last 2 months

MINE_TRAIN_JULY_5_2012.jpg

I seems to me that they could finish off the mountain and get the track on top of it in 2 months from now if that's the rumor going around
Thanks for sharing. Are these Disney images or your own work?

Atomicmickey

Cool steel pic! Looks like it comes right from the steel manufacturer's website,
it's listed under their projects.

How did you find these, hiding in plain sight?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's definitely plenty of time to get steel done since it goes up super fast - it's all basically dependant on getting the foundations in on the south side...what I'm wondering is this vague term of outward aspects being presentation ready by this fall - that sounds unrealistic to me. I don't really think it'll take any less than 6 months from start to finish for the rock work portion and they have a little ways to go before even starting the rock work.

I guess I'm just wondering if wdw71fan or anyone else would actually know what presentation ready would really mean.

Yeah, I am also very skeptical of it being "presentation ready" by fall. The rock work on BatB too over a year to complete, and the coaster is at least as big, if not bigger.

Stupido

I don't know if it will be full "presentation ready" by fall, but I think it will be close. Don't forget with the rock work on BatB they were also doing rock work on LM, so with all the focus on the mountain, it should go up twice as fast. It may not be fully painted, and sculpted, but there should be enough that the majority of the steel is covered which would really help tying into the illusion.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I still don't get how they install track INSIDE of all that twisted mess of steel. Seems to make more sense to lay track on the brown support beams prior to enclosing it in the silver steel. Weird.

jjharvpro

I posted this on the other thread but have also added it here to see if any one has any thoughts:

(Click on the picture for full size. Kudos on that feature, Steve; great touch!)

That pic is great! The colored arrows really help and show all the depth of the rock work. Gah, can't wait for this..

WDW1974

Yep.
In looking at the plans, it appears that there are two entrances, each leading into what appears to be a preshow or holding room. One is considerably smaller than the other, which has me wondering if one is a FastPass or XPass line.

Are you REALLY that excited about a kiddie coaster? Tell me that the Pixie Dust hasn't taken control of your brain ... or is it just the moonshine?

Lee

Adventurer
Are you REALLY that excited about a kiddie coaster? Tell me that the Pixie Dust hasn't taken control of your brain ... or is it just the moonshine?
Dude! We were discussing the Belle M&G.
Try to keep up!

Geez.....some people....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom