Journey to the Center of the Earth???

cookiee_munster

Original Poster
it could work really well with a dragon of course, but dragons are just... well, not as unique as a lava worm thing.

its like vampires in films now. its just sooooooo boring and over-used.

the more i think about Journey, the less i actually like the concept of Beastly Kingdom. the dragon/castle coaster was cool, yeah. but the maze with the unicorn? and the fantasia Grecian gardens?

... id much rather have Mysterious Island.

cookiee_munster

Original Poster
so, i know its quite blasphemous to talk of such an attraction when new ones are currently being built on its grave... but what are the odds a 20,000 leagues ride would ever crop up with a Journey to the centre of the Earth ride too???

Whats the through-put on the attraction in Tokyo like?

NoChesterHester

so, i know its quite blasphemous to talk of such an attraction when new ones are currently being built on its grave... but what are the odds a 20,000 leagues ride would ever crop up with a Journey to the centre of the Earth ride too???

It has to be real similar in capacity to Test Track.

Spike-in-Berlin

I have to confess I am just DYING for a JttCotE clone in WDW! Right behind Fire Mountain and even before Indiana Jones Adventure it would be my favorite addition to the attraction roster of WDW. However it would be an interesting question WHERE, in which park and land JttCotE could be placed.
I am not going to Tokyo anywhere near in the future so my only way to do this spectacular attraction would be a clone at WDW or DLP. If they would build it at DLP I would even go there just to do it.
But it seems very unlikely that it will come in the next years.

@Martin

Do you know where they wanted to place it in WDW? And what was the theming?

Penelope

20,000 Leagues would make sense in AK as well.....of course I shamelessly just want that ride back....and they seem to have that unused water area as that boat ride never took off near the big tree. Or somewhere else. I presume since AK does not have many rides/attractions that there is room for a few rides. It would certainly get more people over to that park.

pooh-san

Journey to the Center of the Earth is a HUGE attraction in Tokyo DisneySea. At least as big as Indiana Jones, if not bigger. The line, like that of 20K Leagues Under the Sea, is exquisitely themed, again, much like Indiana Jones. Putting either of these DisneySea versions into WDW would be a major, major undertaking. You might as well go ahead and build the entire Mysterious Island mountain to house them.

Someone asked before about loading for DisneySea's 20K Under the Sea. I'd compare it to the old People Mover, or Haunted Mansion, if anything. The mini-subs are all on tracks and hold about 4 people, and are running continuously.

Penelope

Someone asked before about loading for DisneySea's 20K Under the Sea. I'd compare it to the old People Mover, or Haunted Mansion, if anything. The mini-subs are all on tracks and hold about 4 people, and are running continuously.

So the predominant issue that led to it closing in MK - loading issues - has been resolved at Disney Sea. I wish that they could make the space for this ride again. I need to view the photos to fully understand the size of this ride and Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Spike-in-Berlin

You might as well go ahead and build the entire Mysterious Island mountain to house them.

Now that would be perhaps a little two much, Mt. Prometheus is nothing less than the largest man-built mountain in a theme park worldwide. JttCotE could be also built in a different way, in a different kind of show building that not necessary must have the epic size of Mt. Prometheus as it only would house on ride, not two.

wedenterprises

I've been on JTtCotE and I really hate to say it but I didn't care much for the actual ride. The queue was easily better than the ride itself. The queue is completely breathtaking. It's immersive, it tells a story, it takes you somewhere, and it's just so realistic and detailed. The elevator portion is one of those times in life where you just can't believe how cool something can be!

The ride itself is underwhelming because of this. It is a fun ride, but the inability of the test track system to "free fall" down a hill really ruins the fun of the ending, imo.

I'd rather see TDS' 20k under the sea ride which is stunning. Adding a few more mythological sea creatures and things to "find" with the lights would be fantastic.

cookiee_munster

Original Poster
i know its a huge "no no" to put two "big" attractions near the entrance of the park but id just love something like mysterious island to be placed down right on top of Camp Minnie & Mickey. Altering it slightly so that the lagoon section is bigger and could hold a world of colour type show in the evening and possibly not having to make the actual volcano so big (forced perspective) the great thing about having a show there, is that the exit is then right next to the car parks.

but yeah, when i asked about the through put on the new 20k ride at Tokyo it seems that the ride has been greatly improved now.

love the idea about it incorporating mythological sea creatures etc.

montyz81

Hey Guys. My apologies if this has been posted a million times before, i did do a quick search and nothing specific came up.

Anyway, last night i downloaded a small documentary all about Animal Kingdom via iTunes called; Disney Parks: Disney's Animal Kingdom by Andy Perrot. A lot of you have probably already seen it.

I noticed something interesting near the end of the film, when talking about future aspects of the park they were talking about the possibilities of expansion etc and then at the mark 40:41 a small video of what looked like a CGI animation of the Magma Worm from Journey to the Centre of the Earth suddenly came up.

What i find interesting is the release date of this film (1st June 2010) unless its an old film just recently released via iTunes (which could be the case) it can't be too old because there's a making of Everest thrown in too...

i know that there's always been speculation of the ride maybe popping up in Animal Kingdom. But does this make it a possibility? i see no other reason as to why they would show an animation for a character based in another park???

EDIT - tried to upload a screen cap from the film.
You can only go on one Journey at a time, and the first one still needs some major attention!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom