Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It isn’t in the site plan at all. It’s definitely more than just trees, they wouldn’t need concrete forms like that for trees
Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing...

1683680625158.png

1683680684665.png

Attachments

• 1683680329770.png
    1683680329770.png
    509.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 1683680437734.png
    1683680437734.png
    220.9 KB · Views: 45

James Alucobond

Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing...

View attachment 715399

View attachment 715402
The first is from the original site plan when the Festival Center was still in play and is outdated. For instance, the backstage path to the pump facility will not have an additional entrance as shown there. It already runs down the opposite side of the facility, as shown in the updated plan below. And as @tparris said, the second one is nowhere near where the forms are. That shows an additional blob attached to the planter in front of Coral Reef Restaurant that would narrow the entrance. I don't think that's actually happening. Here's the plan that is accurate with regard to everything else aside from this specific area, where neither the two large palms nor the terraced walls being poured are noted:
1683681565222.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The first is from the original site plan when the Festival Center was still in play and is outdated. For instance, the backstage path to the pump facility will not have an additional entrance as shown there. It already runs down the opposite side of the facility, as shown in the updated plan below. And as @tparris said, the second one is nowhere near where the forms are. That shows an additional blob attached to the planter in front of Coral Reef Restaurant that would narrow the entrance. I don't think that's actually happening. Here's the plan that is accurate with regard to everything else aside from this specific area, where neither the two large palms nor the terraced walls being poured are noted:
View attachment 715408
Then... I got nothing.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
View attachment 715408
Then... I got nothing.
Could it be for a Gate of some sorts with a planter to get backstage?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
if they were looking for the worst case scenario, they chose it...placing Moana in the hub of whatever they are calling the central court as you pass Spaceship Earth... Thematically so wrong in style for this park. Maybe if it was literally attached to the Living Seas... but it is not... It is near The Living Seas...but again so stylistically wrong... I am waiting for the Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday ride in Tomorrowland next...

They could have also found a way to fit it into the World Showcase where it would have fit better

Mireille

Premium Member
As one of them, too - I have seen a number of groups of adults being loud, visibly intoxicated, less-than-friendly language, etc. This is especially true during Food and Wine weekends. I don't think it's "pervasive". But, it is present.
I think the whole idea of "drinking around the world" inevitably leads to this... 11 drinks! Maybe they should sell a "drinking around the world" package where you get a drink in each country, but they cut the alcohol content or serving size so people aren't full on drunk by the time they get to the end. I dunno. I'm a teetotaler; I don't care if people drink, but I DO care when they get dangerously sloppy or belligerent.

Last edited:

Bocabear

trust me, their drinks have already had the alcohol amount value engineered...lol It would be impossible to cut the alcohol in standard beer and wine products.
EPCOT always catered to a more mature crowd, though also offered family friendly things... Having some people over-enjoy the booze is just part of selling it and enjoying the huge profits that come with it. I have certainly enjoyed many a tipsy time in the World Showcase...
It is just part of this park... If it is bothersome, stick to the Magic Kingdom where booze is very limited...

Last edited:

Mireille

Premium Member
trust me, their drinks have already had the alcohol amount value engineered...lol It would be impossible to cut the alcohol in standard beer and wine products.
EPCOT always catered ti a more mature crowd, though also offered family friendly things... Having some people over-enjoy the booze is just part of selling it and enjoying the huge profits that come with it. I have certainly enjoyed many a tipsy time in the World Showcase...
It is juat part of this park... If it is bothersome, stick to the Magic Kingdom where booze is very limited...
I'm not talking about Disney maximizing their alcohol profit, I'm talking about trying to avoid over-serving and I know they can't vary the alcohol content in beer and wine, that's why I said "or serving size."

And why would I go to the Magic Kingdom instead when EPCOT is my favorite park? I'd been to DLR as a kid and liked it well enough, but going to EPCOT when I was 12 is why I love Disney parks. I honestly don't know if I'd even go to WDW if EPCOT weren't there. And obviously I go to MK as well.

Honestly, I find your response puzzling considering every other post I read of yours is complaining about something else, but you think I should just suck it up or stick to Magic Kingdom because you don't agree with MY comment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom