Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When this is complete will all the walls be down at Epcot or is there more to be built?
A 100th anniversary nighttime lagoon show to replace Epcot Forever which may happen before or after the walls.

Then there were projects put on indefinite pause which may happen: Coco retheme of Gran Fiesta; Mary Poppins attraction; Figment update or complete retheme; SSE update.

TTA94

And what happened to the Wishing Tree? lol
and the new fountain that was supposed to be there someplace?

I wish they’d at least still do the fountain. Wasn’t there at one point plans to put fountains in the water areas by the bridge going to WS?

James Alucobond

I wish they’d at least still do the fountain. Wasn’t there at one point plans to put fountains in the water areas by the bridge going to WS?
Pretty sure that was in the super early art where all of Communicore was gone except for where Connections is now. The artwork was also kind of too abstract of a photobash to really be sure if they were permanent daytime fountains or part of a show or, well, even fountains at all and not just some artistic flourish.

Casper Gutman

The seeming lack of any kind of water feature in the central core is genuinely shocking and shameful. Eliminating the classic fountain and adding foliage feels almost like a lateral move in making the area less sterile.

James Alucobond

The seeming lack of any kind of water feature in the central core is genuinely shocking and shameful. Eliminating the classic fountain and adding foliage feels almost like a lateral move in making the area less sterile.
I agree that there should be a water feature, but the previous version (talking about the gardens specifically, not what happened with Communicore) was absolute garbo. It's not a lateral move regardless.

Casper Gutman

I agree that there should be a water feature, but the previous version (talking about the gardens specifically, not what happened with Communicore) was absolute garbo. It's not a lateral move regardless.
It wasn’t good at all, but I’m unconvinced “remove fountain, add planters and Poopin’ Walt statue” is a genuine improvement.

James Alucobond

To me, having actual purpose-built places to sit with shade is a massive improvement. I saw way too many people either plopped on the ground next to an unsightly awning pole or clambering up the side of a too-high planter. If you have a hub where you expect people to gather and not do much else, it should at least have some degree of comfort, which the previous iteration completely failed to provide.

Between that and the fact that we’re getting back lighted pavement, I’m cool, even though I would have liked a smaller fountain back where the Fountain of Nations was.

Bocabear

Well...Lighted pavement is going to be like the LED faux neon strip lighting in the concrete...not the magical fiber optic sparkles and patterns we used to have.... With a lack of water of any sort it is going to feel flat...no sparkle or shine to the enormous tree filled central core... and we really haven't seen much of the wished-for seating...just trees.

James Alucobond

... and we really haven't seen much of the wished-for seating...just trees.
It is incorporated directly into the poured concrete planters. This can be seen both in the artwork and what has already been poured.

As for whether LED or fiber optic lighting is more magical, that’s probably in the eye of the beholder and depends on intended use.

Casper Gutman

It’s really sad that our fondest hope for a massive EPCOT redesign that has shut down a third of the park for years is, “maybe they’ll add some benches.”

And this is a very small thing, but I generally find standalone benches (or even individual seats) much more comfortable then concrete ledges built into the landscape. Again, a very minor thing.

Casper Gutman

Benches keep people from being funneled into merch stores or into restaurants. Gotta keep the $$$ flowing
Imagine a theme park that actually featured bountiful, comfortable places to sit and relax. I bet it wouldn’t bankrupt the company - it might even help with the whole “drinking ‘round the world” thing.

TTA94

It’s really sad that our fondest hope for a massive EPCOT redesign that has shut down a third of the park for years is, “maybe they’ll add some benches.”

And this is a very small thing, but I generally find standalone benches (or even individual seats) much more comfortable then concrete ledges built into the landscape. Again, a very minor thing.

Will we need a LL,ILL or VQ for the new benches? Lol

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Imagine a theme park that actually featured bountiful, comfortable places to sit and relax. I bet it wouldn’t bankrupt the company - it might even help with the whole “drinking ‘round the world” thing.
Imagine a theme park with plentiful and comfortable seating that autonomously dropped you off in a merch store. Best of both worlds!!

Casper Gutman

Maybe Disney could add a ride through gift shop with automatic check-out as part of the PeopleMover...
I would ride this and I would buy things. Honestly, I'd probably spend a lot of money for a hotel with beds that cycles through a dark ride all night.

Honestly, as I get older theme parks become more and more about finding a comfy place to sit and watch folks wander about. Running long distances in a panicked attempt to try and do as much as possible in a few hours is what Halloween Horror Nights is for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom