Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

James Alucobond

The revelation that it's going to have a large water play area makes me much less optimistic about what this is going to be.
The signage says there’s a dry path, which I assume is why it splits two or three ways at certain points. I would assume the dry path holds the majority of the edutainment content, and you’re then invited to veer off path in a few places if you want to personally interact with the water.

GimpYancIent

The signage says there’s a dry path, which I assume is why it splits two or three ways at certain points. I would assume the dry path holds the majority of the edutainment content, and you’re then invited to veer off path in a few places if you want to personally interact with the water.
Must admit that interacting with water on hot days (of which there are many) sounds good.

P.S. Will there be precautions in place to prevent personal electronic devices from interacting with the water?

UNCgolf

The 151 person limit makes it sound like there's going to be a relatively large play area.

I also wonder how they are going to police it. Are they only going to allow 151 people into the entire walkthrough at any given time? That would be abysmal for capacity. Or are they going to have some kind of secondary gate inside the walkthrough for the actual play area so they can keep tabs on the number of guests specifically in that area?

Last edited:

James Alucobond

The 151 person limit makes it sound like there's going to be a relatively large play area.

I also wonder how they are going to police it. Are they only going to allow 151 people into the entire walkthrough at any given time? That would abysmal for capacity. Or are they going to have some kind of secondary gate inside the walkthrough for the actual play area so they can keep tabs on the number of guests specifically in the play area?
There seem to be multiple areas with interaction points, so I'm not entirely sure how it'll work. The largest one seems to be right before the exit where there are 3-4 paths, so perhaps they'll either direct folks in excess to exit through the dry path there or allow them to circulate near the leaping fountains if they want to wait for the area by the kakamora.

Epcot82Guy

I guess I always felt like that was the plan. Drive up huge hype with the low capacity (look at the line/virtual queue!!!) From there, just let it naturally die off like all other walk throughs.

Stitchon

Must admit that interacting with water on hot days (of which there are many) sounds good.

P.S. Will there be precautions in place to prevent personal electronic devices from interacting with the water?

What sort of precautions are there for Casey Jr. back in Fantasyland? You can choose to get wet or you choose not to.

Incomudro

I feel like after the intial crowds die down this will work like any other walkthrough attraction, like the Treehouse and Alice's Labyrinth at DLP, with not much control over capacity or time spent inside. Guests should be able to dictate how long they wanna stay inside
I'm thinking that there are interactive elements where you won't get wet, say something triggered by a hand movement, touch or step.
There may also be what I was certain there wouldn't be - that is a splash pad area.

tparris

From today
IMG_4101.jpeg
IMG_4102.jpeg
IMG_4103.jpeg
IMG_4104.jpeg
IMG_4105.jpeg

Bocabear

if they were looking for the worst case scenario, they chose it...placing Moana in the hub of whatever they are calling the central court as you pass Spaceship Earth... Thematically so wrong in style for this park. Maybe if it was literally attached to the Living Seas... but it is not... It is near The Living Seas...but again so stylistically wrong... I am waiting for the Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday ride in Tomorrowland next...

J4546

maybe that weird triangular shaped concrete form with the curved walls will have dryers like Universal Studios? I dunno Im just spitballing but maybe this JoW will have some spots that allow you to get soaked?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
maybe that weird triangular shaped concrete form with the curved walls will have dryers like Universal Studios? I dunno Im just spitballing but maybe this JoW will have some spots that allow you to get soaked?
That's just a green island that will hold trees according to all artist concepts so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom