Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Bocabear

I'm not talking about Disney maximizing their alcohol profit, I'm talking about trying to avoid over-serving and I know they can't vary the alcohol content in beer and wine, that's why I said "or serving size."

And why would I go to the Magic Kingdom instead when EPCOT is my favorite park? I'd been to DLR as a kid and liked it well enough, but going to EPCOT when I was 12 is why I love Disney parks. I honestly don't know if I'd even go to WDW if EPCOT weren't there. And obviously I go to MK as well.

Honestly, I find your response puzzling considering every other post I read of yours is complaining about something else, but you think I should just suck it up or stick to Magic Kingdom because you don't agree with MY comment.
I was not saying YOU should stick to the magic Kingdom...it was not a personal shot but thank you for making sure you lobbed one at me. What I am saying is that is sort of an inherent thing about the park and the fact that it gets an older demographic... Only way to avoid that is for one to stick to the parks that don't serve alcohol... I too have witnessed some bad behavior there... So I understand your concern... I also feel like the serving size to cost ration is about as high as you can make it...

MagicRat

Oh my…another attack the alcoholics theme is taking over a thread. This is sensationalism, just because you saw a drunk there doesn’t mean it’s running rampant. I have been three times a year for thirty years and can count on one hand the well over served intoxicated people.

Now if you want to attack the lame frat boy tshirts about drinking around the world, that is fine by me but I think all of the custom tshirts from going broke at Disney to no man wearing a custom Disney shirt is ridiculous. Have a beer and chill out!

Mireille

Premium Member
I was not saying YOU should stick to the magic Kingdom...it was not a personal shot but thank you for making sure you lobbed one at me. What I am saying is that is sort of an inherent thing about the park and the fact that it gets an older demographic... Only way to avoid that is for one to stick to the parks that don't serve alcohol... I too have witnessed some bad behavior there... So I understand your concern... I also feel like the serving size to cost ration is about as high as you can make it...
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have taken a cheap shot at you, I apologize. It can be hard to read intent online and even if it was meant the way I took it, I should have been more charitable. And honestly, I've never PERSONALLY run into any issues with drunk guests. I live too far away to go regularly, but I watch some YouTube channels and of course every time someone gets drunk and belligerent they report it because even Disney park fan sites are on the Florida Man beat. And if they report it once or twice a month, that can seem common but with the thousands of guests every day, of course it's still incredibly rare. I know that logically, but I'm human and sometimes don't do the math. Again, sorry for popping off like I did.

Bocabear

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have taken a cheap shot at you, I apologize. It can be hard to read intent online and even if it was meant the way I took it, I should have been more charitable. And honestly, I've never PERSONALLY run into any issues with drunk guests. I live too far away to go regularly, but I watch some YouTube channels and of course every time someone gets drunk and belligerent they report it because even Disney park fan sites are on the Florida Man beat. And if they report it once or twice a month, that can seem common but with the thousands of guests every day, of course it's still incredibly rare. I know that logically, but I'm human and sometimes don't do the math. Again, sorry for popping off like I did.
all cool. And I agree with you about not liking to be around the Frat boy energy... I was just spit-balling what could be done...
I end up at a loss... It isa not enough to keep me away, but find I avoid the late afternoon crowds around Rose and Crown and Mexico...

Patcheslee

I think the whole idea of "drinking around the world" inevitably leads to this... 11 drinks! Maybe they should sell a "drinking around the world" package where you get a drink in each country, but they cut the alcohol content or serving size so people aren't full on drunk by the time they get to the end. I dunno. I'm a teetotaler; I don't care if people drink, but I DO care when they get dangerously sloppy or belligerent.
With WS only being open only 10 hours, it will always be an issue because the average person has to drink more than 1 an hour. But an average persons body breaks down 1 alcoholic per hour. So it stack up.

dreday3

It's been so long, our trip came and went, I've lost interest in this. 😄

When we start trip planning again I'm sure I'll be excited to see it again.

James Alucobond

I have no inside knowledge of whether they will or won’t be taken down progressively, but my suspicion is that, while walls may be pushed back around Journey of Water, several of the planted islands, and the outer paths, the gardens will remain mostly off limits until very near the end. My rationale for this is that, if opened independently, a lot of the paths within them terminate in weird ways without access to Dreamers Point, the central five-ring logo, and the area where the Fountain of Nations stood, all of which are progressing more slowly than other elements of the revamp. Dreamers Point in particular gives an elevated view of the gardens, so I would imagine that at the very least would remain behind walls until the view is ready for prime time. But that’s all speculation.

James Alucobond

And what happened to the Wishing Tree? lol
and the new fountain that was supposed to be there someplace?
Y'know, thinking about it, using the Wishing Tree to activate the garden-facing space behind Journey of Water would have been a good idea to make that quadrant feel more alive on the World Celebration side. Since it was apparently an interactive synthetic fiber-optic tree of some kind, you could have put in an alcove in about the area indicated below with a retaining wall and some seating, plus filled out the surrounding plantings with a combination of real and synthetic fiber-optic flora.
inactive_space.png

It should not be visible to guests within the park. It will only be visible to Monorail guests.
Assuming they do things properly, it should also be minimally visible to monorail riders. Note that trees in the planted berm on the opposite side easily reach monorail window level and obscure the view of Guest Relations. There's no reason they shouldn't be able to do the same thing here to hide most views of the plant. We'll see whether or not they follow through.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom