Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Poseidon Quest

There was a much much bigger backlash against Pandora in dak and most people now love it. For many the land is rated best and so is FoP.

Same will happen with Journey featuring Moana. Bookmark here ➡

That's not the same thing at all. Putting the Avatar franchise into Animal Kingdom is still a bad idea because it's a desperate and short sighted reaction to The Wizarding World. The land works because the creative team behind it was able to transform the franchise beyond the film into something that fits into Animal Kingdom. It was the exception, not the norm. Most likely due to the influence Joe Rohde has (or had I suppose) within the company.

I spent 30 minutes breaking that down here if you're interested:

jt04

That's not the same thing at all. Putting the Avatar franchise into Animal Kingdom is still a bad idea because it's a desperate and short sighted reaction to The Wizarding World. The land works because the creative team behind it was able to transform the franchise beyond the film into something that fits into Animal Kingdom. It was the exception, not the norm. Most likely due to the influence Joe Rohde has (or had I suppose) within the company.

No argument from me. I was defending the concept right here on these magical boards while it was rumored to be struggling to survive. I think I saw a JR interview where he was having doubts about the same time as insiders here were saying it would likely not survive. I was pretty much the lone voice here on these boards. I guess some guy named Iger also thought it would work. That probably helped.

Journey of Water will also work in my opinion because it is just one piece of the puzzle called Disney Nature. Although a very cool piece of the puzzle it appears.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
An improved Oasis.
Rock Band GIF by Oasis

jt04

The Innovention's abandoned building is better than this.

It makes no sense for Epcot. But I guess that is the direction they're going in for this park. That is why the Mary Poppins attraction was possibly canceled, it makes too much sense.

I'm much more optimistic. If they proceed one of the possibilities is they can explore how cutting edge technologies can improve the natural world. It also allows DAK to have more purely entertainment attractions by sharing the "green initiative" rather than being that park's sole focus.

Just brainstorming.

The Grand Inquisitor

Hey man just got to say real quick I'm a huge fan of your videos! The Avengers Campus video was 🔥

Phicinfan

The Entrance fountain was just a restoration of the original feature that was removed because they didn't want to spend the money to refurbish it years ago... Sort of an object lesson for what could come in 10 years...
Would "Fountain Play Area" be a better descriptor for the interactive fountains water feature area based on a Polynesian cartoon character that makes no sense in the front entry of this particular park?...
I love the idea for this Fountain Play Area, but I think it should be somewhere else, and not the first thing you see after passing Spaceship Earth...
Okay I am confused. I know others have explained this, but you continue to stick your head in the sand....

It is in world of Nature - and will be focus of the movie which is the importance of nature and water to life. Right near entrance of Seas and not far from land.

So if you can dig your head out, why exactly is this NOT a fit for EPCOT? I get the hate, everyone wants EPCOT to return to what it was. However, if we are going to nitpick ideas to death, can we at least do it somewhat objectively and not just pout for no good reason?

It is NOT a splash pad as you pouted about and got shown for real
It is NOT a space blocker - as there are other paths around
So does it need the IP tie in , no. I will give to you there. But if it enhances the entrances to Land and Sea and has a purpose to share importance of water and nature, then lets wait to see what we actually get?

TikibirdLand

Okay I am confused. I know others have explained this, but you continue to stick your head in the sand....

It is in world of Nature - and will be focus of the movie which is the importance of nature and water to life. Right near entrance of Seas and not far from land.

So if you can dig your head out, why exactly is this NOT a fit for EPCOT? I get the hate, everyone wants EPCOT to return to what it was. However, if we are going to nitpick ideas to death, can we at least do it somewhat objectively and not just pout for no good reason?

It is NOT a splash pad as you pouted about and got shown for real
It is NOT a space blocker - as there are other paths around
So does it need the IP tie in , no. I will give to you there. But if it enhances the entrances to Land and Sea and has a purpose to share importance of water and nature, then lets wait to see what we actually get?
No need to get rude here. This is just a discussion board. I see your point. I won't speak for Bocabear. But, I see the destruction of Comunicore and the Foutain of nations really removed the idea of a "hub" just past Spaceship Earth. I liked how open it was. You could see all of the pavilions and the WS beyond. It built anticipation. I don't think there will be anything "wrong" with JoW. I just think it will clutter up the central area beyond WS. I guess that ship has sailed. To say there is cohesiveness in this design is a little hyperbolic. Adding trees and nature to this area will make for radical changes. It just won't be the same EPCoT I took my kids to over the last two decades.

jt04

No need to get rude here. This is just a discussion board. I see your point. I won't speak for Bocabear. But, I see the destruction of Comunicore and the Foutain of nations really removed the idea of a "hub" just past Spaceship Earth. I liked how open it was. You could see all of the pavilions and the WS beyond. It built anticipation. I don't think there will be anything "wrong" with JoW. I just think it will clutter up the central area beyond WS. I guess that ship has sailed. To say there is cohesiveness in this design is a little hyperbolic. Adding trees and nature to this area will make for radical changes. It just won't be the same EPCoT I took my kids to over the last two decades.

The former spider canopy, and communicore building hindered or completely blocked views of WS. Original plaza with its trees and the FoN also blocked WS to some extent. JoW will be off to the side and pose no sightline issues.

Phicinfan

Perhaps I was a bit rude, but he was getting to be ridiculous with his constant splash pad rant.

My apologies Bocabear if my post seemed too flippant.

Still, I do think they can be a tie to the world of nature theme they are renaming the area to

TikibirdLand

The former spider canopy, and communicore building hindered or completely blocked views of WS. Original plaza with its trees and the FoN also blocked WS to some extent. JoW will be off to the side and pose no sightline issues.
The canopy was the real blocker there. Never did like that. But, you do have to admit how open it was. Loved coming up on FoN and watching it dance. From that vantage point, there were so many possibilities! Don't get me wrong. Disney TOTALLY messed up Comunicore and Innoventions by not keeping them fresh and relevant. Even so, the hub area felt like The Future. I think it was a cop-out to pull down that building and add JoW. They could have used the building for a great dark ride. Or, it could have been used for the event center.

That's all gone now.

jt04

The canopy was the real blocker there. Never did like that. But, you do have to admit how open it was. Loved coming up on FoN and watching it dance. From that vantage point, there were so many possibilities! Don't get me wrong. Disney TOTALLY messed up Comunicore and Innoventions by not keeping them fresh and relevant. Even so, the hub area felt like The Future. I think it was a cop-out to pull down that building and add JoW. They could have used the building for a great dark ride. Or, it could have been used for the event center.

That's all gone now.

Agreed. The original plaza was timeless design. FoN was too large for the space unnecessarily IMO but otherwise it worked. That said, I am getting more and more excited about the Disney Nature neighborhood and what it might bring.

By the way, traditionalists worried about the future of The Land pavilion should be "rooting" (heh) for this new concept. It might just save LWTL. Just my opinion. 🌱

Incomudro

That's all gone now.
For me, they felt like what we used to imagine the future would be: Stark and sterile.
As a kid born in '63, I really loved that.
But it aged out. Yes, it's still done, but so are other approaches.
I really like the idea of a green, natural area being incorporated into Epcot - especially how this leads over to the Seas.

TikibirdLand

For me, they felt like what we used to imagine the future would be: Stark and sterile.
As a kid born in '63, I really loved that.
But it aged out. Yes, it's still done, but so are other approaches.
I really like the idea of a green, natural area being incorporated into Epcot - especially how this leads over to the Seas.
I see where you're coming from. Guess we'll see how it all comes together. No turning back now. I have a website we designed back in 1998. Back then, it was considered new and innovative. We didn't touch it, just added more content. Later, it was considered dull and not current. Guess what? We now get emails stating how retro and inviting it is! So, maybe there's hope for EPCoT too.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They could be building the Berlin Wall Experience and he’d be crowing about the beautiful new sight lines.
Indeed. The FoN, though, it was really difficult to see through. Completely blocked my view of SSE from across WSL, or even from the gateway area. And those pesky buildings all around Epcot that are blocking the views. Better to tear them all down so as to open things up.

Creathir

Sight lines are quite obviously of little concern anymore around Disney…

Take a look at the mistake on the lake… the tacos and stargate monstrosity anchored permanently in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom