Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Disstevefan1

They had something like that at DisneyQuest.
My son's created the most nausea inducing ride for themselves.
They emerged ok though.
In any event Sum of All Thrills wasn't removed for this re-do.
It had been gone for seven years.
It was really cool. Yes it was removed before they accidentally tore down the building.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Symmetry of the park's core and a coherent theme for Future World, not to mention a nice indoor attraction and the potential for said indoor attraction to become so much more than both it ever was and JoW ever will be.
1. Symmetry is no longer an issue. The Hub is no longer a flat lawn with some ponds, nor a concrete parking lot. The Hub is now nearly a wooded park with trees taller than people. You can't see across the Hub anymore (except from World Plaza looking towards SSE) to see any asymmetry.

2. The content themed for Future World was never fully realized to begin with, and those attractions that were 'future' themed became outdated way too soon. The future theme is gone. The space is now nicely themed to 'celebration.'

3. Those indoor attractions were mid at best and had the worst capacity in the whole resort. A dozen computer stations is useless in a park with tens of thousands of visitors.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The water chimes are often not working. In B-Mode, it's just constant chiming.

The "wave to the water" either doesn't work, or, the Imagineers didn't understand what a 'wave' is. Water just randomly pops up in a small fountain with an occasional fountain leap.

Other than that, I haven't seen gags not working.

Tho, the funniest gag to not work would be the curtain of water that's supposed to stop when you walk thru it.

DreamfinderGuy

3. Those indoor attractions were mid at best and had the worst capacity in the whole resort. A dozen computer stations is useless in a park with tens of thousands of visitors.
Hardly, you have these other massive attractions to draw those huge crowds. CommuniCore/Innoventions exhibits were simply "off the beaten path" things for guests to discover, and the ease of swapping them out made it so that there was always something new to see. You never saw a thousand people queued for an Innoventions attraction because they weren't designed for that purpose.
Actually it was lol. It closed in anticipation of work starting imminently for the new plaza, then the work didn't start and it sat SBNO until work finally did start in 2019. Make no mistake, it absolutely was removed for the spine project.

doctornick

Actually it was lol. It closed in anticipation of work starting imminently for the new plaza, then the work didn't start and it sat SBNO until work finally did start in 2019. Make no mistake, it absolutely was removed for the spine project.

It was closed for the Spine project, sure, but not for JoW. Sum of All Thrills was in the (still standing) Innoventions East building.

No Name

?

That is Sum of All Thrills. It closed in 2016 and was awesome and great for Epcot. I'd argue it was really the only thing in Innoventions in the past two decades or so that was really worth keeping (or being sad it is gone).

That said, it was in Innoventions East, so it was not replaced by JoW
Agree on it being great! While it’s not sitting on the same land as JoW, since the new center involved expanding shopping and dining to take over that whole building and moving entertainment elsewhere, I feel that it was essentially replaced. And a note to those saying it wasn’t really replaced since it closed 7 years ago… Disney started talking about this Epcot project in 2017. The thread about it on this site is from 2015.

Also one thing I don’t miss is having a thing called Innoventions East is on the left and West on the right. I get it but I never liked it.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

They had something like that at DisneyQuest.
My son's created the most nausea inducing ride for themselves.
They emerged ok though.
I fondly remember that roller coaster simulator, it was great.
Its Ironic that Disney Quest (which was great) was replaced by The NBA experience??????
I knew from the moment The NBA experience was announced, it would fail.

Its becoming typical that Disney tears down good things, spends a lot of money and replaces then with something lesser or not even wanted.

When we lost Horizons to be replaced by Mission Space, that was really sad, and everyone would have liked to keep Horizons, but I will say, the Mission Space building is beautiful and I love the theme, love the queue and I love the ride and I love that they made the less intense and more intense with different missions. They turned one attraction into two attractions. And of course, the addition of the Space 220 restaurant is also great.

Bocabear

I would say that Mission Space kind of misses the mark. It was originally envisioned as a grander pavilion with multiple attractions...the ride portion was just to get you to the pavilion. I think if they had actually built that version, it would have become an instant classic...Even now, if you got out of your space pods and exited into a people mover that would take you over to the Wonders Of Life building and exit you into Mars Base Alpha with multiple attractions and show, it would feel like a more complete experience....Which it has never quite felt like to me.
I also love the exterior of the building...

Disstevefan1

This was a very early concept rendering. We see all Innoventions in tact, we have some garden space, and a beautiful fountain. I wish it went this way.
1701974646311.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom