Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Epcot82Guy

I even would have been ok with the gardens we got (albeit a small fountain would be nice). And, pushing JoW back into World Nature a bit more would have been an additional perk.

SplashJacket

Done JoW a few times before, but did it again tonight with a larger grouper in a more observational role.

I did not see a toddler, child, teen, adult, or senior walking through JoW without an ear-to-ear grin.

Gorgeous night package, but truly, everyone seemed to be having a fantastic time.

We’re long past the vloggers at this point. Families and everyday guests were having a fantastic time, and it was surprisingly crowded for a chilly night. Honestly a huge success.

Disstevefan1

Done JoW a few times before, but did it again tonight with a larger grouper in a more observational role.

I did not see a toddler, child, teen, adult, or senior walking through JoW without an ear-to-ear grin.

Gorgeous night package, but truly, everyone seemed to be having a fantastic time.

We’re long past the vloggers at this point. Families and everyday guests were having a fantastic time, and it was surprisingly crowded for a chilly night. Honestly a huge success.
I am looking forward to walking through it. It’s there and it’s new so folks will want to see it. It does look to be a cute little walkthrough attraction.

Bocabear

I am looking forward to walking through it. It’s there and it’s new so folks will want to see it. It does look to be a cute little walkthrough attraction.
the "cute little walkthrough attraction" that appears to have eaten the budget of everything else promised for the revitalization of EPCOT...Still don't know why it could not have been designed to fit the space between the Land and Seas pavilions on that side of the walkway...making a better visual connection between the two pavilions and leaving space for a real attraction one day... or the show building that was there for another attraction...

OSUPhantom

the "cute little walkthrough attraction" that appears to have eaten the budget of everything else promised for the revitalization of EPCOT...Still don't know why it could not have been designed to fit the space between the Land and Seas pavilions on that side of the walkway...making a better visual connection between the two pavilions and leaving space for a real attraction one day... or the show building that was there for another attraction...
I doubt JOW ate the budget so much as the budget was slashed and JOW was one of the items they could afford to keep.

By the time Covid hit the demolition work had started so something needed to go there, sticking with the existing plan rather than going through expensive redesigns probably actually saved them money. The rest of the cancelled projects could be cancelled without a major impact to the park.

Bocabear

I doubt JOW ate the budget so much as the budget was slashed and JOW was one of the items they could afford to keep.

By the time Covid hit the demolition work had started so something needed to go there, sticking with the existing plan rather than going through expensive redesigns probably actually saved them money. The rest of the cancelled projects could be cancelled without a major impact to the park.
i did say "appears to have eaten the budget" meaning to the otherwise uninformed, the billion dollar 5 year makeover of Epcot seems to have netted a re-landscaped center court, color changing lightbulbs, a water walk-through, and not a whole lot else... And they can only blame Covid for so many years... Prices continue to rise for everything at the parks, they are always busy, they should be doing fine as far as that is concerned...

doctornick

A significant portion of the budget went to Tiana instead. And it seems like a huge amount ended up going to replacing the expensive Harmonious barges to create Luminous.

I don’t think JoW took up all that much of the approved budget for Epcot really. At least not to an extent that it prevented anything else that was substantial being done.

In the Parks
No
i did say "appears to have eaten the budget" meaning to the otherwise uninformed, the billion dollar 5 year makeover of Epcot seems to have netted a re-landscaped center court, color changing lightbulbs, a water walk-through, and not a whole lot else... And they can only blame Covid for so many years... Prices continue to rise for everything at the parks, they are always busy, they should be doing fine as far as that is concerned...
From what I've heard, Tiana may be responsible for the adjustments in Epcot budgeting.

DisneyNorthFan

I don't remember the "design a ride" arm thing, but that looks like a failing mall attraction. Certainly fun, but only for the dozen or so guests an hour that would be able to enjoy it. JoW, on the other hand, looks beautiful, and is a family experience that can be enjoyed by hundreds an hour without any wait at all. You can debate location, what else could have been built, budgets ... but this is undeniably an upgrade. Fair to say that it's not the upgrade that everyone wants, but it's a vast improvement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom