Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Animaniac93-98

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I liked Journey of Water better than GotG. There was no wait to get in, it looks nicer, has more educational value and interactivity etc. Always amusing to see adults get into it as much as their children.

There were bottlenecks of crowds at times as people stopped to get pictures, but for the most part they kept moving.

The Moana aspect is entirely unnecessary. The interactivity and scenery was enough to hold everyone's attention and it's irrelevant to the lesson being taught. Feels very much like WDI was forced into the IP here.

Earlie the Pearlie

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I liked Journey of Water better than GotG. There was no wait to get in, it looks nicer, has more educational value and interactivity etc. Always amusing to see adults get into it as much as their children.

There were bottlenecks of crowds at times as people stopped to get pictures, but for the most part they kept moving.

The Moana aspect is entirely unnecessary. The interactivity and scenery was enough to hold everyone's attention and it's irrelevant to the lesson being taught. Feels very much like WDI was forced into the IP here.
I think it's good when it feels like the IP was unnecessary, because it means it's a strong enough experience to stand on its own. I'll take attractions with shoehorned in IP over attractions that use it as a crutch any time.

Disstevefan1

I think it's good when it feels like the IP was unnecessary, because it means it's a strong enough experience to stand on its own. I'll take attractions with shoehorned in IP over attractions that use it as a crutch any time.
Agreed, even if it’s tied to an IP, I will take ADDITIONAL NEW attractions anytime, even stupid ones like Journey of Water.

Does anyone know if there are tours of the water filtration plant?

Disstevefan1

Yes for $33.97 Adults ($16.45 Children) you can take the "Behind The Drips" tour for a thrilling look at state-of-the-art water filtration system that creates the magic behind Moana's Cycle Of Water attraction. If it is successful there will be a dining package tied to it for summer 2024.
Now THIS IS EDUTAINMENT :)

tpoly88

It has not been for a while. I believe the umbrellas along the bypass came down and it’s now operating as intended.
was there this past sunday, was not crowded and walked through quickly. Im sorry i have to say this was the biggest waste of time, effort and money. First off its tiny, though this was a much bigger area and second this does not fit into Epcot, this should have been in Animal Kingdom where it would have fit right in. It is also impossible to enjoy the water features as there are so many kids that want to do it, you cant tell just them "out of the way" so we walked past most of it (it is for the kids after all not me). Also no reason to get wet on this walk-through, last thing i want is recycled water sprayed on me. I know ill get some people scolding me for being negative on this but im sorry, as a long time Disney fan, this attraction seems forced into the space its in, almost shoehorned. The fact that Epcot was supposed to be an ever evolving worlds fair in future world just does not lend itself to this walk through. Maybe if they had a pacific pavilion it could be an attraction but not where they stuck it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
A side note-- how long has this thing been open?

They already have a few water stations and effects not working on this thing. Looks like a maintenance nightmare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom