Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Rteetz

Original Poster
I experienced it for the first time a couple weeks ago now. For what it is it’s lovely. I didn’t find it overly in your face Moana. Yes there is the Te Fiti statue or whatever you want to call it but outside of that Moana is more subtle. I have to say kids were in love with the play aspects. I’ve talked with friends and others too who say their kids loved it. I think that’s really who the target audience is for this and its working.

James Alucobond

I'm not sure "already not working" is exactly the right framing. There are certain effects—particularly the ones just before the caves where the water rises to meet your hand—that have regularly gone down for maintenance even before the attraction officially opened. I'd be interested to know the why, but it's not performing any worse than when it opened; there just seems to be a reliability issue with that portion for whatever reason.

CntrlFlPete

I'm not sure "already not working" is exactly the right framing. There are certain effects—particularly the ones just before the caves where the water rises to meet your hand—that have regularly gone down for maintenance even before the attraction officially opened. I'd be interested to know the why, but it's not performing any worse than when it opened; there just seems to be a reliability issue with that portion for whatever reason.

fwiw, we had no issues on two walk throughs (one being during previews). We went one night recently -- there was one of the water string areas that was blocked off, another had water flowing but the sound did not corollate with ones strumming of the water. On the same night, the large area where folks make the water shoot super high, well that one was not working.

I hope it was just an off night, but it seems a shame if this will need constant attention to keep in working order.

TrojanUSC

Did this the other day and our group, along with nearly everyone else, was speculating that a lot of the effects are just on timers if the sensors weren't working (which most weren't). The sprays and things seemed random, at best. Some of the effects towards the end and the wall of water worked as intended though.

DreamfinderGuy

Wow... now that this attraction is open, people seem to love it or appreciate it for what it is. And look -- kids adore it! Who knew?

Disney knew.
I don't think anyone doubted this. It was designed for kids, of course kids are going to like it. The biggest complaints have always been and always will be that it was not worth what was lost for it and that it's misplaced. On its own it's perfectly adequate for what it set out to accomplish.

Brian

A side note-- how long has this thing been open?

They already have a few water stations and effects not working on this thing. Looks like a maintenance nightmare.
Some of the water features/interactive "stations" were having issues from the get-go, including even before the affinity group previews.

Incomudro

Symmetry of the park's core and a coherent theme for Future World, not to mention a nice indoor attraction and the potential for said indoor attraction to become so much more than both it ever was and JoW ever will be.
I still see symmetry, though I'm less concerned with its importance than other people.
Likely because I like the move away from the very regimented modern look we thought the future was going to have.
A new building will open soon, offering more flexibility than what had been going on in that location for decades.
When it all ties together - much of which we saw last night - it's going to be (already is) a far more warm and inviting space than what we've had in a generation.

No Name

Remind me what was lost?

IMG_7502.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom