Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

SplashJacket

Sum of All Thrills should have expanded into its own grand attraction building. Such an awesome ride and concept especially for Epcot.
SoaT was atrocious as an attraction. Cool as a tech demo.

Make a Kuka Aladdin ride if you want Kuka in Epcot, or a manufacturing edutainment attraction where the factory goes “rouge” and then you do some weird shenanigans on a Kuka, basically original Test Track concept from a different angle.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
SoaT was atrocious as an attraction. Cool as a tech demo.
It was pretty a freaking awesome attraction AND it was cool as a tech demo. Definitely should have expanded it to its own thing.

I was also a tween when I got to enjoy it. And I'm pretty sure that was the demographic. So I guess I get the privilege of saying "okay, boomer."
Make a Kuka Aladdin ride if you want Kuka in Epcot,
Oh god, no. You just lost all credibility right there on your imagineering spectrum. Lol

Either that, or you just did the opposite and got 20 different promotions based on Disney's new standard of imagineering. 🤐

flyerjab

This was an absolute home for my wife and I. We simply could not get enough of this walk through attraction. It is interactive, fun and provides an educational value with its messaging regarding the water cycle. And the adults were right there next to the kids laughing and having fun. As far as my opinion goes, this fits this park right in between The Living Seas and The Land. We went on Nemo (2nd worst ride), JoW and then Living with the Land and it all works together.

hpyhnt 1000

Walls are up blocking the pathway adjacent to JoW that leads from World Celebration to World Nature, and tape is covering up JoW and World Nature on the directional signage. For the past week or so, there’s been a utility cover in the ground absolutely rocketing air out of it, so I’m assuming these walls are so they can completely rip up the pavement and redo it. Stuff like this and other random maintenance fails happening more often are really leading me to believe the penny pinching is about the worst it’s ever been at the parks right now…View attachment 758539View attachment 758540
Isn't that bottom arrow in the first sign pic pointing in the wrong direction? Or maybe they turned it around temporarily for this closure (but didn't do that for the other side)?

SplashJacket

Walls are up blocking the pathway adjacent to JoW that leads from World Celebration to World Nature, and tape is covering up JoW and World Nature on the directional signage. For the past week or so, there’s been a utility cover in the ground absolutely rocketing air out of it, so I’m assuming these walls are so they can completely rip up the pavement and redo it. Stuff like this and other random maintenance fails happening more often are really leading me to believe the penny pinching is about the worst it’s ever been at the parks right now…View attachment 758538View attachment 758539View attachment 758540
We live in an imperfect world. There can be many number of reasons things need to get redone, most of which have nothing to do with cheaping out the first time around.

In the Parks
No
Walls are up blocking the pathway adjacent to JoW that leads from World Celebration to World Nature, and tape is covering up JoW and World Nature on the directional signage. For the past week or so, there’s been a utility cover in the ground absolutely rocketing air out of it, so I’m assuming these walls are so they can completely rip up the pavement and redo it. Stuff like this and other random maintenance fails happening more often are really leading me to believe the penny pinching is about the worst it’s ever been at the parks right now…View attachment 758538View attachment 758539View attachment 758540
Kind of looks like they need to close up everything they opened and try again at this point.

Disstevefan1

Walkway alongside EPCOT's Journey of Water remains closed following high-pressure leak​

JoshBlames.jpg

Epcot82Guy

These things absolutely happen. That's true of any project. However, it does beg the question a bit of where the money is going. While no one here knows true numbers, much like the studio side, the design side of Disney has MASSIVE budgets. That should translate into better design checks, testing, etc. These systems (from a plumbing standpoint) shouldn't be that exceptionally complex. So, I think it's fair to raise some questions about allocation of funds if all these things are happening in a project that has taken (as a whole) so long overall.

vikescaper

I finally walked through this and thought it was fine but still think it would have been better between The Land and The Seas. After the rain yesterday, I was weary to go on the wet path so I decided to stay on the dry path. I did appreciate the edutainment signs throughout the walkthrough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom