Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Mickeynerd17

YES!!! That whole area looks pretty drab. It needs a lot of something...Even things like dichroic glass kinetic sculptures to play with the sunlight and reflections... Things to enhance the jumping fountains so it is not a pebble-filled planter with leaping water... It needs to be more special than that. Remember the crystal structure sculpture in the fountains? It has been missing so long no one even remembers anymore...the lamp post globes in the area matched... it had a whole lighting system for night time... now it is just a plain metal sculpture...probably the support from what was once there...
View attachment 749750
I'm pretty sure that was replaced in the late 80s/early 90's. The material it was made of was calcifying in the sun and water. The supports for it were reused for the current metal pyramids.

Considering how old they are, a creative replacement would be very welcome. 🙂

Sir_Cliff

I know it needed a replacement...but it should have been refurbed and replaced with like...rather than discarded. It was beautiful with it's internal lighting....and they could do so much more with it today...tech has come a long way since 1981
Whenever they get around to refurbishing that pavilion, it would be a good idea to study all the original concepts and see how they can make it look less like a boring office building surrounded by concrete and more like the concepts surrounded by water, rocks, vegetation, etc. Some of these concepts would also help it blend a lot better into the surrounding area (which it is technically not a part of...).

James Alucobond

Whenever they get around to refurbishing that pavilion, it would be a good idea to study all the original concepts and see how they can make it look less like a boring office building surrounded by concrete and more like the concepts surrounded by water, rocks, vegetation, etc. Some of these concepts would also help it blend a lot better into the surrounding area (which it is technically not a part of...).

I agree with reworking the entrance to incorporate more World Nature elements, but then I also support this pavilion becoming part of World Nature to start making sense of the new spatial organization. You wouldn’t even necessarily have to evict Figment to do it; you could make the pavilion a new Wonders of Life-esque thing that focuses on humans even if the attraction messaging would probably need some tweaking.

radiorae

I agree with reworking the entrance to incorporate more World Nature elements, but then I also support this pavilion becoming part of World Nature to start making sense of the new spatial organization. You wouldn’t even necessarily have to evict Figment to do it; you could make the pavilion a new Wonders of Life-esque thing that focuses on humans even if the attraction messaging would probably need some tweaking.

If they redid the Imagination building exterior and courtyard to lean into the rainbow and clouds elements (referencing the rainbow tunnel and Dreamfinder’s flight of the original ride), they could swing a “sky” angle. Then World Nature would include land, sea, and sky. It would connect perfectly, at least from the visual standpoint on the outside.

James Alucobond

They still have the main, completed pathway completely blocked off even though Moana isn’t meeting guests at the moment. It’s honestly quite annoying having to continue taking the construction bypass even AFTER said construction is totally complete. I don’t understand the reasoning behind this.
Looks like this is no longer the case. It's still umbrella-lined, but they seem to have opened up the pathway to allow for free traffic flow, at least when Moana is not greeting.

In related news, the kiosk at the entrance to the World Nature path has opened as well. Seems to be stocked with water, fans, and some Moana merchandise at the moment.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My experience of JoW so far is that if there is a line for it, it's because it's backed up by people jammed into it, not because they're holding up the queue purposefully letting in only a few people at a time.

So, if you see a line for it, skip it. You'll enjoy it much better when it's not at 100% capacity.

SilentWindODoom

If they redid the Imagination building exterior and courtyard to lean into the rainbow and clouds elements (referencing the rainbow tunnel and Dreamfinder’s flight of the original ride), they could swing a “sky” angle. Then World Nature would include land, sea, and sky. It would connect perfectly, at least from the visual standpoint on the outside.

Something, something, something, head in the clouds.

RSoxNo1

Meanwhile......At the Imagination Pavilion...
BaGE0P.gif
I'd love to see them put Aquatopia up there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Moana music outside the attraction is a bit annoyingly repetitive and loud in the morning. It’s making me negative on the attraction.
Where in the park are you hanging out that you hear JoW BGM over and over again?

In front of the Sea with the seagulls screaming "MINE!!"?

Clamman73

Where in the park are you hanging out that you hear JoW BGM over and over again?

In front of the Sea with the seagulls screaming "MINE!!"?
It was just an observation waiting for rope drop (sitting at the yellow dot) They hold people just after Journey but before Seas at about yellow line. It's a short loop of instrumental AWAY AWAYYYYYYYY!!! that kinda encroaches on the Seas area. It's like hey Moana!, you stay over there, Nemo is over here.

After being through Journey a few times, adults and kids alike enjoy the area with the water features and I don't think it benefitted having it Moana labeled. Might as well made it an extension of the Seas and incorporated Nemo characters into it instead (if they really needed to IP it) to make it one cohesive pavilion/land area.

Epcot82Guy

I agree. In some ways, the Moana theme may actually hurt. I've had more than one conversation with people and seen a lot of comments on various places of "Is it a Moana ride? No?". Again, I don't think it's as bad as it could have been. But I wonder if may have a downside along with the intended draw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom