Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Epcot82Guy

It was basically dead tonight during Extra Evening Hours. (Yay having DVC close friends.). It ended up being really nice with so few people in the attraction.

Again, the attraction itself is cute and well done. The Epcot placement is a push, and you really notice the odd placement when they park has cleared out. But the SSE night views are incredible from a few spots inside it.

JAB

Is the VQ just to handle opening day/week crowds, or is it a long-term thing? Seems odd to have a VQ for an interactive walking path. We'll be there next month, and if it's a walkthrough, I'll check it out, but if it's still VQ I don't think I'll bother.

James Alucobond

Is the VQ just to handle opening day/week crowds, or is it a long-term thing? Seems odd to have a VQ for an interactive walking path. We'll be there next month, and if it's a walkthrough, I'll check it out, but if it's still VQ I don't think I'll bother.
I would imagine it will last for as long as they deem it operationally necessary. I would not really count on the newness having worn off by next month.

You might have better odds if your trip were after more of World Celebration opening.

DisneyNorthFan

I'm seeing reports that it's standby today, which is great! This really feels like something you happen upon or show up for, without a wait - at least that is how it was intended. It looks like it can handle more people than what I expected, which is also good news. I bet this will be something that doesn't feel like a "highlight" of your trip in the moment or when you are planning, but will later be one of the bigger memories, especially for kids, that you look back on fondly from a big trip. I personally see this as a nice thing to stop off at if some of your group wants to relax in the new park areas in World Celebration while others still have some energy to walk around and explore a bit more.

J4546

this is a great addition to the park imo cant wait to see it next year. Love the lushness of the area and how the treelined pathway leads to it/seas/land areas. I nice relaxing walkthough im all for it. Also in semi related news the disneyland treehouse looks like it will open very soon, excited for that as well

tparris

They still have the main, completed pathway completely blocked off even though Moana isn’t meeting guests at the moment. It’s honestly quite annoying having to continue taking the construction bypass even AFTER said construction is totally complete. I don’t understand the reasoning behind this.

Cmdr_Crimson

Meanwhile......At the Imagination Pavilion...
BaGE0P.gif

Cmdr_Crimson

its funny that people have spent the last 20 years complaining disney removed all the interactive activities and post shows that made epcot so unique and now they finally built a new one and people are complaining its not even a ride and there's NO LINE SO IT MUST BE TERRIBLE
This could have been at Typhoon Lagoon and would have been the second IP being put In a waterpark since they put Frozen characters at Blizzard Beach..

Bocabear

And hopefully it never stops.
I really hope at some point they update these water features to make them more dynamic and impressive looking... For a pavilion that is supposed to be a "Dreamport" for collected inspirations of imagination, it looks like no one has had a thought in 30 plus years... This is just one more part of the pavilion that is ready for a magical makeover to bring it into the 21st century. But I will say I am glad that they are at least still running....

Disstevefan1

I really hope at some point they update these water features to make them more dynamic and impressive looking... For a pavilion that is supposed to be a "Dreamport" for collected inspirations of imagination, it looks like no one has had a thought in 30 plus years... This is just one more part of the pavilion that is ready for a magical makeover to bring it into the 21st century. But I will say I am glad that they are at least still running....
I am fine with them (trying) to build new water features but I hope they stay away from our wonderful jumping fountains. We are living through their attempt to re-imagine EPCOT.

We don't want our wonderful jumping fountains turned into planters after a failed attempt to re-imagine them.

Bocabear

YES!!! That whole area looks pretty drab. It needs a lot of something...Even things like dichroic glass kinetic sculptures to play with the sunlight and reflections... Things to enhance the jumping fountains so it is not a pebble-filled planter with leaping water... It needs to be more special than that. Remember the crystal structure sculpture in the fountains? It has been missing so long no one even remembers anymore...the lamp post globes in the area matched... it had a whole lighting system for night time... now it is just a plain metal sculpture...probably the support from what was once there...
1697655335298.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom