Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Richie248

Looks like park reservations for APs are currently unavailable for 9/24. My trip ends on 9/24 and was considering taking a later flight so I could check this out....but the stars didn't align here. Maybe that is how they are limiting the number of people? By limiting the number of park reservations for APs??? If so, makes sense. Will catch it on my next trip!

Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 5.01.44 AM.png

nickys

Premium Member
Looks like park reservations for APs are currently unavailable for 9/24. My trip ends on 9/24 and was considering taking a later flight so I could check this out....but the stars didn't align here. Maybe that is how they are limiting the number of people? By limiting the number of park reservations for APs??? If so, makes sense. Will catch it on my next trip!

View attachment 741538
Are you staying onsite? If so, you Should be able to select from the other bucket.

Richie248

Are you staying onsite? If so, you Should be able to select from the other bucket.
I am and it was stilled blocked out (after connecting it to my Disney resort stay). Seems like they are limiting all APs regardless of resort stay as part of crowd control? Kinda stinks but oh well.

pdude81

View attachment 741538
First day drop of anything sells out rather quickly, and on a weekend day that locals can more easily come it wouldn't take long.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The opening date seems to be rather obvious at this point (IMHO) - October 16. Coincides with the Disney100 celebration, which Epcot is supposed to be at the center of for WDW.

Horizonsfan

It’s interesting that DVC members will have until 5pm to enter, but APs can visit JoW park open to park close. That seems like a recipe for needless CM headaches.

Seems like it’d be easier to assign one group a 9am-4pm time and the other a 4-9pm time.

nickys

Premium Member
It’s interesting that DVC members will have until 5pm to enter, but APs can visit JoW park open to park close. That seems like a recipe for needless CM headaches.

Seems like it’d be easier to assign one group a 9am-4pm time and the other a 4-9pm time.
Many will overlap anyway!

There will be a headache anyway. AP holders cannot bring guests but DVC members can. So CMs will need to not only ask for ID but also need to scan each magic band of the DVC guests - and then in theory determine whether the number of guests is correct. My guess is they will just usher in anyone who is with a DVC member.

Normally for these events you’d have to register so the number of allowed guests will already have been predetermined. No way will the CMs be trying to work that out.

DCBaker

Premium Member

View attachment 741538

Be sure to check every so often - right now it appears September 24 is available again for new Annual Passholder reservations at EPCOT.

Corylancaster

So what are the chances this will be soft open the week before it officially opens? We will be there the week before and my kid absolutely loves Moana so I’m kinda bummed we will be missing this by one week

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom