Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm wondering if they'll replace Moana M&G at DAK. I feel like for the most part outside of Mickey & Co. they don't have the other characters meeting in multiple places. Then again Buzz does meet at MK & DHS.
Raya..Her character fits the environment that AK is meant for and since she's in the parade at MK it's time to shift her to AK.
maxresdefault.jpg

WorldExplorer

Just went through it.

It was actually really cute and enjoyable, said as someone who doesn't like Moana or IP in Epcot.

But it definitely felt like two different experiences smashed together without connective tissue, as people have said. I had fun with the interactive elements, and I enjoyed the reading, but never felt like they were really intertwined even though at points the signs were clearly trying to stretch for a connection.

(And yeah, things like getting stuck waiting behind the guy who has to get his phone out and record the water curtain parting are very annoying. )

So I do still think they should've put this idea somewhere else (and my bias still wants a non-Moana theme, but that's me) so it could just be a playground type thing without trying to put the educational spin on it (or found better ways to make them work together), but I'll go through it again, which is more than I thought I would want to do.

SilentWindODoom

Having watched Tim Tracker go through, I actually see the pileup at the wave being a benefit rather than a ruining of the surprise as it seems it may cut down on wasted time trying to figure out the effect. Rather, you see it done and know what to do. The effect of doing it yourself doesn't seem to lessen by knowing what's going to happen.

flyerjab

Probably refurbishing them
Darn it. Would be nice if they were removing them…and everything else Nemo related. I loved Finding Nemo, but the effort and budget put forth for that ‘attraction’ are both way short of the mark. Truth be told, I am not an Epcot Center purist like many others are in the forums, but the addition of Nemo in this pavilion does not enhance the experience in any way. I know that JII gets eviscerated - and rightly so - but I put the Nemo attraction right behind it as something that needs to be replaced. By all means, have some Nemo edutainment in the pavilion for the little kids, but either redo this attempt at an attraction or replace it entirely.

WallyWorld

I heard it was not testing well from a Cast Members brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate, and that part of the delay is for ongoing adjustments with the effects and overall experience to address this.

Now we got the out of the way, can we readdress the original question?

Has anybody have any additional information on how the previews are actually going other than some negative feedback I heard, and a positive review from a blogger?
Best post yet!

TheMaxRebo

Will the interactive elements work with large crowds? Won't the timing of everything always seem off?

There are sports you need to stand in for the effects to work/set them off, it isn't really a timing thing as there are sensors

So there could be back ups while you have to wait your turn to get to one of those spots, and while some form of crowd control by CMs will be important, but it shouldn't impact the actual effects once you get to each spot

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Seems a working solution could be attained by making some "stand here" type signs or if too on the nose, something in the pavement denoting where guests should stand to better trigger the effects, a fossil design perhaps!?

WorldExplorer

Seems a working solution could be attained by making some "stand here" type signs or if too on the nose, something in the pavement denoting where guests should stand to better trigger the effects, a fossil design perhaps!?

There are little imprints on the floor telling you where to stand. I think some are water droplets, but don't remember if they used the same design through the whole thing.

-em

Went to cast preview Friday night and it’s cute overall but as a parent I hated it.

Unless kids are dressed appropriately head to toe or have a complete change of clothes it’s going to be a nightmare with wet shoes/socks/clothes the kids will have to walk around alllll day/night in after. I didn’t think through shoe choice and trying to keep my kid from getting soaked was impossible as it was all so inviting.

While we spent only 2 hours after in the park her feet were already getting blisters & legs chaffed because of the wetness. She did have on quicker drying clothes but it wasn’t enough… had we had an AM preview and spent hours in the park afterwards it would’ve been miserable for everyone.. it was easy to avoid the previous Epcot ‘splash pad’ to keep dry feet/clothes but this will be hard..

HauntedMansionFLA

I went in for my preview on Friday And made sure it was late in the day. Just like Tron, you get a totally different vibe with the lights, music and environment at night time. Lots of little details throughout the area. A nice area to relax and listen to the water and background music. There are also educational signage for WDWmagic members to keep the edutainment in the park.😉I was surprised to see a pathway to sone bathrooms for the guest.
It a nice addition to the park. Too bad everything else got canceled. Thanks Josh.

Attachments

• IMG_2176.jpeg
    IMG_2176.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2170.jpeg
    IMG_2170.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2168.jpeg
    IMG_2168.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2163.jpeg
    IMG_2163.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2153.jpeg
    IMG_2153.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2143.jpeg
    IMG_2143.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2149.jpeg
    IMG_2149.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2179.jpeg
    IMG_2179.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2182.jpeg
    IMG_2182.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2140.jpeg
    IMG_2140.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 92

Incomudro

Went to cast preview Friday night and it’s cute overall but as a parent I hated it.

Unless kids are dressed appropriately head to toe or have a complete change of clothes it’s going to be a nightmare with wet shoes/socks/clothes the kids will have to walk around alllll day/night in after. I didn’t think through shoe choice and trying to keep my kid from getting soaked was impossible as it was all so inviting.

While we spent only 2 hours after in the park her feet were already getting blisters & legs chaffed because of the wetness. She did have on quicker drying clothes but it wasn’t enough… had we had an AM preview and spent hours in the park afterwards it would’ve been miserable for everyone.. it was easy to avoid the previous Epcot ‘splash pad’ to keep dry feet/clothes but this will be hard..
A good soaking on Splash could produce the same results.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom