Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
One thing that isn't really clear from the pictures I've seen: the "wetland" section that has the dry path option...is the wet path just water seeping across the ground from left to right? Can someone who has been there clarify? If so, I feel like I've experienced that at night in Fantasyland after the fireworks for years!
Yes basically

It is this
Journey-of-Water-Inspired-by-Moana_Full_52906.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Details for a Journey of Water Passholder preview.

Annual Passholders can attend a special preview for Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana—a lush exploration trail where you can connect with water and discover its magical personality. As you explore and play, you’ll learn about water’s natural cycle from the skies to the seas and back again.

Preview Dates
Passholder previews will take place at EPCOT from park open to park close on the following dates:
  • September 24 to September 29, 2023
  • October 1 to October 4, 2023
EPCOT Reservation Required
To participate in this preview experience, Passholders must have a theme park reservation for EPCOT on the day of the preview. Please note that:
  • If your theme park reservation is for a different theme park (and not for EPCOT), then you will not be eligible to participate in a preview that day.
  • If you enter EPCOT without a theme park reservation after 2:00 PM, then you will not be eligible to participate in a preview that day.
Check availability for theme park reservations at EPCOT.

Check-In Details
To check in for this preview, please visit the entrance to Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana—located across from Coral Reef Restaurant.

Important Information
  • Registration is not required to attend this preview. However, you must have a theme park reservation for EPCOT on the day of the preview.
  • A standby queue will be in place for this experience; a virtual queue will not be available.
  • An eligible, activated Annual Pass is required to attend this preview. You must show your Annual Pass card, Disney MagicMobile pass, MagicBand or MagicBand+—along with valid photo identification—when checking in.
  • Everyone in your party must be an Annual Passholder to attend this preview experience.
  • All offerings are subject to change or cancellation without notice.

Disstevefan1

Annual Passholders can attend a special preview for Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana—a lush exploration trail where you can connect with water and discover its magical personality. As you explore and play, you’ll learn about water’s natural cycle from the skies to the seas and back again.

Preview Dates
Passholder previews will take place at EPCOT from park open to park close on the following dates:
To participate in this preview experience, Passholders must have a theme park reservation for EPCOT on the day of the preview. Please note that:
  • If your theme park reservation is for a different theme park (and not for EPCOT), then you will not be eligible to participate in a preview that day.
  • If you enter EPCOT without a theme park reservation after 2:00 PM, then you will not be eligible to participate in a preview that day.

Check-In Details
To check in for this preview, please visit the entrance to Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana—located across from Coral Reef Restaurant.

Important Information
  • Registration is not required to attend this preview. However, you must have a theme park reservation for EPCOT on the day of the preview.
  • A standby queue will be in place for this experience; a virtual queue will not be available.
  • An eligible, activated Annual Pass is required to attend this preview. You must show your Annual Pass card, Disney MagicMobile pass, MagicBand or MagicBand+—along with valid photo identification—when checking in.
  • Everyone in your party must be an Annual Passholder to attend this preview experience.
Still in previews in October. When is this thing gonna open for real? I want to see how they truly handle the MOBS when it’s really open.

These folks doing the previews are very lucky to experience this attraction in a non MOBBED situation.

Another thing I wonder about is how will they handle folks who staying too long in this walk through as the queue grows and grows outside.

TheMaxRebo

One thing that isn't really clear from the pictures I've seen: the "wetland" section that has the dry path option...is the wet path just water seeping across the ground from left to right? Can someone who has been there clarify? If so, I feel like I've experienced that at night in Fantasyland after the fireworks for years!

Yeah, it is basically like walking through a 1" deep stream

TheMaxRebo

Preview Dates

Check-In Details

Important Information

Definitely interesting that you don't need to register for it .... sort of seems more like early access vs a preview

doctornick

I think that because the effects and management of the attraction will work better with fewer guests, this is Disney's way to try to avoid the massive rush at first and spread out crowds. So that by the time they "officially" open, there won't be the same rush to experience it and the "regular" guests will have a better experience.

Disstevefan1

I think that because the effects and management of the attraction will work better with fewer guests, this is Disney's way to try to avoid the massive rush at first and spread out crowds. So that by the time they "officially" open, there won't be the same rush to experience it and the "regular" guests will have a better experience.
The massive rush IS GOING TO HAPPEN no matter what Disney does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom