Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

No Name

It was so cold on Christmas last year at Epcot I could see my breath, doubt anyone will be playing with water then! If it’s even running.
I guarantee on some of these Hot Disney Summer® days they’ve had this year, guest satisfaction for this would’ve been significantly higher than it’ll be later in the fall. They really missed a good opportunity to open this.

lazyboy97o

I am no Plumber or Cost Estimator but why devote such valuable land to a pump house station that is on stage? Could this not have been placed between The Land and The Seas Pavillion? Drilled pipes underneath to pop out where it would connect? Not like Disney is going to add a new Future World (World of Nature sponsored by Nature's Own)Pavillion. Seems like the pump house space is a no brainer for Moana Food Kiosk. uggghhhhh
That would add a significant premium to an already very expensive project. There’s still a basement under the attraction, so you couldn’t just drill under everything. Then you’d have the expensive of all of that extra pipe. You’d also need larger pumpers because you’d be moving more water over a larger distance.

James Alucobond

Some jumping water effects are already not fully making it to their designed destination and hitting the rock wall on the pathways.
This is how they have been since they were turned on. Saying "already" implies they've worn out in some way when they haven't. They may continue to adjust things, but I think the thought process here is that, unlike with the leaping fountains at Imagination, you're supposed to get wet on certain paths in JoW; consequently, it doesn't really matter if weather or some other factor causes a stream of water to go a bit off course.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This is how they have been since they were turned on. Saying "already" implies they've worn out in some way when they haven't. They may continue to adjust things, but I think the thought process here is that, unlike with the leaping fountains at Imagination, you're supposed to get wet on certain paths in JoW; consequently, it doesn't really matter if weather or some other factor causes a stream of water to go a bit off course.
I understand that but when you have several jumping fountains in one section and all clearly make it across while one isn’t even close and smacks into the pathway wall you can tell that isn’t by design

FerretAfros

Late 2023 is the official timeline, but no date yet. My guess would be October.
I assume they are waiting until the central core is complete (enough) that it will also be open. This gives them an opportunity to do a splashy ribbon-cutting ceremony for marketing, but more importantly it moves the main guest flow in/out of the park away from the entrance to the new low-capacity walk-through attraction. Instead of being on a main thoroughfare and luring in uninformed passersby, it will be at a sleepy dead-end where it's really only going to be accessed by people who are specifically seeking it out.

The central core may not be fully complete in the next 6-8 weeks (the new southwest building seems like it won't be ready on the same timeline as the walkways, plazas, and landscaping), but it appears to be far enough along that the crowdflow patterns can be updated and the temporary path from SSE to The Seas can be removed in the very near future.

Based on the construction schedule, this intent has been pretty clear since around the time they were wrapping up hardscaping within the walk-through several months ago. Sure, there may have been some minor testing and tweaking going on since then, but most testing would have been done prior to that, lest any underground utilities need reworking. Having a completed (minor) attraction ready to open but waiting on unrelated construction elsewhere in the park is the only legitimate reason I can think of for why they're spending so long doing various previews and soft openings for such a small-scale addition.

Having a low-traffic entrance is important for the first few days/weeks/months when everybody wants to check it out because it's the hot new thing. That said, it is yet to be seen whether this experience is compelling enough on its own to draw people back to an otherwise quiet and unassuming corner of the park once the initial novelty wears off. While this isn't the type of experience that should be on the interstate highway of walking paths, I also question how successful it will be located on sleepy residential cul-de-sac.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Some jumping water effects are already not fully making it to their designed destination and hitting the rock wall on the pathways.
It's not a failure, it's a feature implemented by marketing! The attraction wasn't getting guests soaked enough. They'll now set-up a stand at the entrance of the attraction which sells umbrellas and rain ponchos and another stand at the end of the attraction that sells dry clothes (maybe set up a few of those Haystack Dryers for a nice upcharge).

Drdcm

I’m ok with this thing, but not like super excited. I see myself doing it one time.

I remember when they had this investment edutainment where you walked around with an RFID piggy bank and they taught you about investments and diversification. I wish they had more stuff like that that they swap out every once in a while instead of permanent installations that are only good the first walkthrough. The investment one had replay value because you could take different risks and get different results.

Living with the land is the edutainment exception for me, mostly because it’s a ride, and I do it every time.

TheMaxRebo

I've been watching the preview videos and, to me, the attraction lacks a climax of sorts. It just kicks you out after some mist effects and a splash pad. I mean, it could do with a finale that shows of the power and beauty of water and makes you go Wow. Something a bit like this maybe.
The last sections are where there is the main splash pad area and multiple effect areas ... BUT i agree there isn't any like "send off" - when you decide to leave that last area you do just kinda walk out. Some sort of goodbye effect or something would be nice

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom