Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Disstevefan1

Got a preview of this yesterday. Loved it. Lots and lots of fun, interactive elements. They way they've integrated misters and shade is really smart and should make this a must-do on the 300+ days of the year it's hot in Florida.
Any word on boarding groups, Genie+, ILL?

As you say this is a must do and for sure everyone will want to experience it when it officially opens.

lentesta

Premium Member
Any word on boarding groups, Genie+, ILL?

As you say this is a must do and for sure everyone will want to experience it when it officially opens.

Ha! I know Disney loves to overcomplicate things.

I think they're designing this as a walk-through. It might require a standby queue right after it opens. If it stays that way I'll be moderately surprised. When's your next trip?

Disstevefan1

Ha! I know Disney loves to overcomplicate things.

I think they're designing this as a walk-through. It might require a standby queue right after it opens. If it stays that way I'll be moderately surprised. When's your next trip?
We are unsure when our next visit will be, we know it will be during the cooler weather.

This does look to be designed as a simple walk through, no boarding groups, G+ ILL intended, but we know it will be a "Figment popcorn bucket" conga line situation when it first opens because its NEW!

I wonder what they intended to do in order to handle the initial crowds?

UNCgolf

Got a preview of this yesterday. Loved it. Lots and lots of fun, interactive elements. They way they've integrated misters and shade is really smart and should make this a must-do on the 300+ days of the year it's hot in Florida.

What did you think about the potential capacity issues -- both in terms of general space and in terms of the use of the interactive items?

TheMaxRebo

We are unsure when our next visit will be, we know it will be during the cooler weather.

This does look to be designed as a simple walk through, no boarding groups, G+ ILL intended, but we know it will be a "Figment popcorn bucket" conga line situation when it first opens because its NEW!

I wonder what they intended to do in order to handle the initial crowds?

While it is designed as a walk through, there is the potential for bottlenecks at places where there are interactive elements people will want to spend some time with and then like the disappearing water screens there are only 2 (it is a short effect people will want to film themselves, etc) so I do think some form of crowd control is important

Easiest thing I think would be to have a standby queue and if it gets too long (as not really a ton of space for a long queue) use like restaurant style offers for when you get called back to be in the queue

But Disney will probably use VQs to start since they have the system already vs something else

Disstevefan1

This looks like it should be in Adventureland, Aulani or the Polynesian Resort.
THIS.gif

UNCgolf

Here is another look at Journey of Water with crowds somewhat similar to what it will be like when operational.

Full review coming in the next couple of days :)

Does this mean they've decided to have a hard (and relatively small) cap on how many people are in the walkthrough at any given time? Or is it more hopeful that it won't be significantly more crowded?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There is a capacity limit posted (forgot what the sign said). So, I'd imagine one of the reason there's a 'concierge desk' at the entrance is to enforce the limit once they reach it. Two come out, two allowed in.

J4546

its gonna be swamped when it opes just like the treehouse at DL.....new things no matter how big or small brings major crowds

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom