Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So quick Journey of Water review

So thanks to a very kind Cast Member friend we were able to do the preview of Journey of Water inspired by Moana in EPCOT.

The whole experience is pretty cool, beautiful, and actually a little longer than I expected. It is pretty dependent on the effects working - and one of them wasn't open during the preview (though I get that is what previews are for). I can see it being an issue if 2 or 3 are out.

Crowd control will also be important as can't have too many people or timing on effects will get lost.

Location is interesting as at times feels very separate from Epcot but then you will see Spaceship Earth or the monorail.

If you are down on the concept of it already I don't think the reality will change your mind but if you are going in thinking of it as a fun walkthrough/filler attraction tion I think you will be pleasantly surprised by it and how many elements to it there are. Definitely something to occupy 20-30 mins of time for sure

View attachment 740401View attachment 740402View attachment 740403View attachment 740404View attachment 740405
How much does Te Fiti charge for head and scalp massages?

1693600422179.png

1693600449899.png

TheMaxRebo

Does anyone know if there will be boarding groups, or Genie+ or ILL ?

I haven't heard of anything but didn't notice a spot with touch points.

If anything doing more like virtual queue but with like a pager return time if line is too long would work best

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

I haven't heard of anything but didn't notice a spot with touch points.

If anything doing more like virtual queue but with like a pager return time if line is too long
We all know, if they allow it, there is going to be massive "Figment popcorn bucket" type queues when it initially opens BECAUSE ITS NEW!!

So they have to use VQ, G+ or ILL , at least initially.

Disney Analyst

So quick Journey of Water review

So thanks to a very kind Cast Member friend we were able to do the preview of Journey of Water inspired by Moana in EPCOT.

The whole experience is pretty cool, beautiful, and actually a little longer than I expected. It is pretty dependent on the effects working - and one of them wasn't open during the preview (though I get that is what previews are for). I can see it being an issue if 2 or 3 are out.

Crowd control will also be important as can't have too many people or timing on effects will get lost.

Location is interesting as at times feels very separate from Epcot but then you will see Spaceship Earth or the monorail.

If you are down on the concept of it already I don't think the reality will change your mind but if you are going in thinking of it as a fun walkthrough/filler attraction tion I think you will be pleasantly surprised by it and how many elements to it there are. Definitely something to occupy 20-30 mins of time for sure

View attachment 740401View attachment 740402View attachment 740403View attachment 740404View attachment 740405

Thank you for sharing your actual experience! It's really appreciated.

I am glad you enjoyed it!

Sir_Cliff

But in their original forms they there was a lot of content about how we use technology to control nature. I still stand by my assertion that this attraction would be a better fit to AK.
That kind of speaks to how attitudes have changed since EPCOT Center first opened, though.

The attitude now is less that people need to find ways to dominate and harness nature and more to learn to live in harmony with it. That was also not entirely absent from an EPCOT Center that involved the notion of living with the land, for example, but I think we're less in a time of trying to find ways to farm the desert and more in one where we're trying to minimise our impact on the natural ecosystem.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That kind of speaks to how attitudes have changed since EPCOT Center first opened, though.

The attitude now is less that people need to find ways to dominate and harness nature and more to learn to live in harmony with it. That was also not entirely absent from an EPCOT Center that involved the notion of living with the land, for example, but I think we're less in a time of trying to find ways to farm the desert and more in one where we're trying to minimise our impact on the natural ecosystem.
Obviously you haven't been watching China's water transfer, Grand Ethiopian Dam, or Libyan agricultural canal projects.

Rich Brownn

"Symbiosis" was explicitly about that

James Alucobond

So, I'm guessing stroller parking. And it means the artists' concepts were more accurate than the site plan, which is missing this area.

View attachment 740612
I doubt it. They just added stroller parking to the right of the attraction exit, and just over the wall on the left, they’re starting on another low wall that extends back a bit. My suspicion is Moana M&G.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom