Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

In the Parks
No

James Alucobond

I was half expecting a perch over the river with a sign stating "RIVER - Ancient cultures used to use the river as a toilet. Now you can too!"
You would’ve been one of the kids who pooped in the lagoon and contaminated the water supply in Lord of the Flies, wouldn’t you?
Well they do have that massive water treatment plant supporting this so......
I am unsure why you think the drains in this attraction have a level of suction that will extrude swim diapers like Play-Doh spaghetti.

Disstevefan1

I am unsure why you think the drains in this attraction have a level of suction that will extrude swim diapers like Play-Doh spaghetti.
We can only hope not.

Seriously, this is a nice little play area. It doesn’t rise to the level of an attraction even though it probably cost the same or more to build. It sure took long enough to complete.

Let’s hope they can keep the cute little interactive elements working for a reasonable amount of time before they are forced to go into B mode.

TheMaxRebo

So quick Journey of Water review

So thanks to a very kind Cast Member friend we were able to do the preview of Journey of Water inspired by Moana in EPCOT.

The whole experience is pretty cool, beautiful, and actually a little longer than I expected. It is pretty dependent on the effects working - and one of them wasn't open during the preview (though I get that is what previews are for). I can see it being an issue if 2 or 3 are out.

Crowd control will also be important as can't have too many people or timing on effects will get lost.

Location is interesting as at times feels very separate from Epcot but then you will see Spaceship Earth or the monorail.

If you are down on the concept of it already I don't think the reality will change your mind but if you are going in thinking of it as a fun walkthrough/filler attraction tion I think you will be pleasantly surprised by it and how many elements to it there are. Definitely something to occupy 20-30 mins of time for sure

PXL_20230901_175827164.jpg
PXL_20230901_180613574.jpg
PXL_20230901_180024049.jpg
PXL_20230901_180209221.jpg
PXL_20230901_175146728.MP.jpg

Disstevefan1

So quick Journey of Water review

So thanks to a very kind Cast Member friend we were able to do the preview of Journey of Water inspired by Moana in EPCOT.

The whole experience is pretty cool, beautiful, and actually a little longer than I expected. It is pretty dependent on the effects working - and one of them wasn't open during the preview (though I get that is what previews are for). I can see it being an issue if 2 or 3 are out.

Crowd control will also be important as can't have too many people or timing on effects will get lost.

Location is interesting as at times feels very separate from Epcot but then you will see Spaceship Earth or the monorail.

If you are down on the concept of it already I don't think the reality will change your mind but if you are going in thinking of it as a fun walkthrough/filler attraction tion I think you will be pleasantly surprised by it and how many elements to it there are. Definitely something to occupy 20-30 mins of time for sure

View attachment 740401View attachment 740402View attachment 740403View attachment 740404View attachment 740405
Does anyone know if there will be boarding groups, or Genie+ or ILL ?

Rich Brownn

I will agree to this, Hate is a bit too strong for what has been posted here. My bad

Hang on now, not sure I agree with this. I do believe there are some who do.

Here is where you and I fully disagree. It does fit in Epcot, in fact it fits better in Epcot than the last two attractions added do. It is in World of Nature, and it is tied to that. It fits. This isn't Future world anymore. This is World of Nature and this ties to what is done in Seas and Land pavilion.

I will agree it took too long to build, won't defend Disney for all the delays.
I will wait to see the cost, as to my knowledge we haven't heard cost. - and to assume its too much is questionable at best.
As for the latter, lets see what gets completed and THEN judge the esoterics.
It's like the renamed the area to fit attractions rather than the other way around. Be like renaming FantasyLand to SciFi and Fantasy so they could stick Star Tours in there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom