Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

flynnibus

Premium Member
You do know that the Tree of Life houses an attraction about animals and is carved with hundreds of animals, no? It's not a hot house for flowers like Living with the Land.
An attraction about insects not animals :p

And its still a plant icon… verse you know… maybe something animal centric. Even dca beat them on that :)

The conservation jargon is almost exclusively about the animals. Pandora's main attraction is the conservation effort for its animal species. Did you learn nothing about apex predators and keystone species?

Pandora… where the entire placemaking is about the environment and plants… and the movie is about saving the habitat and natives… and you see what… animals just twice in river journey? Worst animal attraction ever…

James Alucobond

Pandora… where the entire placemaking is about the environment and plants… and the movie is about saving the habitat and natives… and you see what… animals just twice in river journey? Worst animal attraction ever…
The focus of many events in the area is centered around the unseen (but heard) ikran, which you then subsequently ride within Flight of Passage. In Na'vi River Journey, you encounter viperwolves, hexapedes, panopyra, woodsprites, and fan lizards.

J4546

It's fine for what it is (still not crazy about the Moana theme...especially the big statue), but it's baffling that they thought this was the best spot to put it.

Just moving it between Land and Sea would have been a major improvement and a lot easier to hide the water treatment area if it were truly backstage and not in the middle of the park.
I think they're saving that spot for something else

No Name

The new Guardians coaster goes out of its way to pretend to be an Epcot pavilion built by humans in the theme park of Epcot. That’s the premise, and that’s been the premise of all of Epcot.

But Journey of Water feels like it was designed by a completely different group of people. This is kind of pretending it’s a natural thing, not something that’s human-made. In that sense it sticks out like a sore thumb in both World Nature and the park as a whole. That’s what makes it feel most out of place to me.

Also doesn’t help that it’s the only quarter of the inner circle without a macaroni-shaped building you can enter from the center that starts with a C. Or that the educational component has nothing to do with scientific advancement like most other Epcot pavilions (including Guardians!) still do. Or that there’s another park or two this would’ve been perfect in.

No Name

There are many attractions past and present that had a lot more to do with understanding than advancement. Much of Wonders of Life, for instance. Within The Land now, you have Awesome Planet, which has some similar themes.
Yeah that’s fair but that’s just one piece of why it may not fit great. Combined with all of the others is what makes it sorely out of place.

montyz81

But that Epcot is gone. Done. Doesn't exist.
In the end you have instead a central area that will be different. I get that.
But to hate this just because it is, is self defeating.
They have changed Epcot front completely, and as part of the World of Nature they have added a what seems nice walk through attraction that allows guests to interact with water and learn the importance of it.

You all want to rail on Epcot change have at it. Epcot of old was left to rot and it is totally sad. But to just hate this for that is a bit beneath us isn't it?
To all you that are saying that they have moved away from the original Epcot Center, why then did they bring the original Epcot Center entrance back. The entire park theming is more confusing now than ever before. If you are going to move on from a theme then commit, don’t half it like they have with this ride queue walk through. I’m sure it’s great, but it belongs in another park.

MrPromey

Saying JoW should be in DAK not only misses that JoW doesn't have animals, but mistaking Disney Animal Kingdom as Disney Jungle Kingdom.

Just because most of DAK is tropical jungles doesn't mean that anything that is tropical-jungle-ish belongs in DAK.
Well, everyone is still talking about the Moana land/attraction blue sky whatever for DAK and I'm still trying to figure out how that would fit, too. 🤷‍♂️

MrPromey

I've read all the concerns about that, but my own thoughts are after the initial newness wears off, it won't feel overcrowded at all. At worst, will be like the trails at AK, and you just wait for people to move on before you can view.

Honestly, nothing in Epcot has ever felt overcrowded to me besides lines for the food.

And if that happens within at least the first five years, with what they've allegedly spent, I'm pretty sure management will regard it as a failure.

If that matters or not for us as guests is hard to say.

What would they take away from that, I wonder?

Sir_Cliff

Well, everyone is still talking about the Moana land/attraction blue sky whatever for DAK and I'm still trying to figure out how that would fit, too. 🤷‍♂️
Yes, I thought Moanaland only seemed kind of appropriate when compared to the wildly inappropriate Zootopialand. Apparently, though, Moana is a perfect fit for DAK. 🤷‍♂️

lazyboy97o

So I'm very happy to at least see them willing to put effort into money for something that isn't supposed to be some major headliner.
Driving visitation is the sort of thing expected of headliners.
But Journey of Water feels like it was designed by a completely different group of people.
It was. Marvel attractions are developed by the Marvel portfolio team.

Disstevefan1

I am starting to see the YouTube videos about Moana.

Anyone who have read any of my posts knows I was totally against this addition to EPCOT.

After seeing the videos, while I am still against this addition to EPCOT it looks very nice. That's the highest praise I can give it.

It is kind of a mind freak as when in Moana, you ARE NOT in EPCOT and you see Space Ship Earth and the Monorail "outside" this area. I LIKED seeing SSE and the Monorail from within Moana. It feels like they extended the monorail loop to Animal Kingdom.

There looks to be a wet path and a dry path at one point? I look at the wet path and all I can think of "slip and fall accident". Lets see how it goes.

The interactive elements are cute. Time will tell how long they can keep them going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom