Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Disstevefan1

Looks beautiful.
A planted, naturalistic area you can stroll through to remove yourself from the more barren concrete expanses of Epcot.
I swear... Does the butterfly area in the Flowers and Garden time confuse and annoy people on the board too?
I love the butterfly area during the Flower and Garden food festival.

UNCgolf

For those that know and serious question, Does the water that people are touching get filtered or treated? Or are you basically touching contaminated water? Yes I know they have signed up saying not to drink the water but you’d think they would still treat the water from causing people to catch diseases and infections. Pretty sure kids will get that water on their face, eyes and possibly in their mouth.

Considering there's an entire water facility next to it hidden in the trees, I'm sure it's treated.

Disstevefan1

Considering there's an entire water facility next to it hidden in the trees, I'm sure it's treated.
That water treatment plant is massive! Time will tell how it handles the various foreign materials that make their way into the journey of water.

I hope, I hope, I hope there is a "behind the water" tour of the water treatment plant complete with showing the various objects and foreign materials captured 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think this where you are categorically wrong, but I respect if thats your opinion or what you want in a theme park.

To me, a well executed theme park should have everything from big "WOWS" to the simple "cute or fun" experiences.

Different sensory levels, different experience levels, variations of things to do.

You missed my point - let me elaborate for you. Theme parks are more than if something (IN ISOLATION) is cute or fun.

Your local carnival is full of things that are cute and fun on their own. But just putting a bunch of them in the same area together does not make it a theme park nor would no matter how cute or fun something is negate any criticism of how it works with it's surroundings in a theme park.

It was not a comment on how significant an experience is or not.

It was a comment saying I'm looking at this MORE than just within the bubble of the attraction on its own in isolation.

Disstevefan1

This would have been a great addition to the Polynesian Village resort.
THIS.gif

doctornick

I think this where you are categorically wrong, but I respect if thats your opinion or what you want in a theme park.

To me, a well executed theme park should have everything from big "WOWS" to the simple "cute or fun" experiences.

Different sensory levels, different experience levels, variations of things to do.

That's what makes an interesting, dynamic, and appealing theme park. That's what makes a Disney Park. A place where there are experiences for everyone, at various ages.

Yeah, regardless of all of the concerns regarding this, one big thing I would say is that Disney needs more of low key attractions that can be done at one's leisure and don't require long waits. Many of us have bemoaned that Disney doesn't spend time and money on doing the needed complimentary attractions these days. So I'm very happy to at least see them willing to put effort into money for something that isn't supposed to be some major headliner.

IMHO Disney needs more walk throughs, not fewer. Often those detailed places to just check stuff out are the things that really sets Disney apart from other theme parks.

Animaniac93-98

It's fine for what it is (still not crazy about the Moana theme...especially the big statue), but it's baffling that they thought this was the best spot to put it.

Just moving it between Land and Sea would have been a major improvement and a lot easier to hide the water treatment area if it were truly backstage and not in the middle of the park.

Epcot81Fan

It's fine for what it is (still not crazy about the Moana theme...especially the big statue), but it's baffling that they thought this was the best spot to put it.

Just moving it between Land and Sea would have been a major improvement and a lot easier to hide the water treatment area if it were truly backstage and not in the middle of the park.
You’re making the erroneous assumption they care about any of the issues you just described.

Rteetz

Original Poster
I think this is fine for what it is. Epcot IMO needs green/lush spaces. We talk so much about how future world (yes I know it’s no longer that) should look and really the future is more green and lush. Cities are looking at going to more urban green spaces. Milwaukee for example is looking at shutting down an entire freeway to give the land back to the city for urban planning. This has been done in other countries too. Now is this the perfect fit for Epcot? No probably not. I do think tho the lush space is good for the park tho.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If dak were purely about animals… they sure screwed up in pandora…. And can get rid of all that conservation jargon clogging up the park.

Don’t know how they put a tree as the central icon of a park that really should only a animals! What loons!

You do know that the Tree of Life houses an attraction about animals and is carved with hundreds of animals, no? It's not a hot house for flowers like Living with the Land.

The conservation jargon is almost exclusively about the animals. Pandora's main attraction is the conservation effort for its animal species. Did you learn nothing about apex predators and keystone species?

Smooth

I think this is fine for what it is. Epcot IMO needs green/lush spaces. We talk so much about how future world (yes I know it’s no longer that) should look and really the future is more green and lush. Cities are looking at going to more urban green spaces. Milwaukee for example is looking at shutting down an entire freeway to give the land back to the city for urban planning. This has been done in other countries too. Now is this the perfect fit for Epcot? No probably not. I do think tho the lush space is good for the park tho.
1693532591072.png

The Original EPCOT had a Green Belt area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom