Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

dreday3

I read an absolutely glowing review. Used tons of great words like "magical", "innovative", "imaginative" and "wishful". Was written by some blogger I've never heard of named "Rob Biger"

I think that passes the sniff test! 😄

I've actually heard nothing. I didn't really think we would. While I'm excited for it, I don't think (most) people care anywhere near as much as they would a ride.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Is this true or are you joking?

See below -

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 9.54.48 AM.png

wserratore1963

Why so many Haters & Trolls? First there's moaning about nothing being done, then once announced- its no good or will be a flop before anyone has seen it. I've been coming here since I was a little kid and I appreciate all the efforts weather they worked or not - Skylidoscope anyone? Walt himself said the place will be always be evolving. Yes they made major missteps along the way, but I still cant think of anywhere better to visit; which is why I keep coming back and have shared that joy with my Kids, Nieces & Nephews and I hope that generational Joy continues.
Let's hope the walls come down soon and we can all enjoy a "wall-less" EPCOT!

Bocabear

Why so many Haters & Trolls? First there's moaning about nothing being done, then once announced- its no good or will be a flop before anyone has seen it. I've been coming here since I was a little kid and I appreciate all the efforts weather they worked or not - Skylidoscope anyone? Walt himself said the place will be always be evolving. Yes they made major missteps along the way, but I still cant think of anywhere better to visit; which is why I keep coming back and have shared that joy with my Kids, Nieces & Nephews and I hope that generational Joy continues.
Let's hope the walls come down soon and we can all enjoy a "wall-less" EPCOT!
I think the answer in a lot of cases is the very things you are saying...a lot of us have grown up going to the parks and are emotionally attached... our favorite places, a part of our childhood...
We feel a deep nostalgic tie to this place... So when things change, it is nice to be able to discuss it with the community that understands our deep love and attachment to WDW.
Some things work, some things don't... It is a good thing that people do speak up or we would still have a figment-less Journey Into Your Imagination...at least that helped a little... While I might be critical, it is never because I am a hater... quite the contrary.

wserratore1963

I think the answer in a lot of cases is the very things you are saying...a lot of us have grown up going to the parks and are emotionally attached... our favorite places, a part of our childhood...
We feel a deep nostalgic tie to this place... So when things change, it is nice to be able to discuss it with the community that understands our deep love and attachment to WDW.
Some things work, some things don't... It is a good thing that people do speak up or we would still have a figment-less Journey Into Your Imagination...at least that helped a little... While I might be critical, it is never because I am a hater... quite the contrary.
I wasn't directing that comment at you or anyone specifically; but I appreciate the reply. I agree discussing with a community is great; which is why I joined in the first place. A little healthy critical discussion is always good; but it seems to me that a lot of discussion here is people rooting for the demise of the place instead of rooting for future of what can be...

I look forward to better days too

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sadly I fear The Zach's social media days are no more.

I do feel bad for the guy, honestly. It seems as though he was put in a terrible position by management and regardless of whether he had the ideas and PR/marketing provided the fluff or if he was just the mouthpiece for someone else's terrible PR ideas, he absorbed a lot of punishment on social media (and here). I'm not hiding from my own hammering and derision of those posts, but after a while it was clear he wasn't behind them and the ire was aimed at those behind the curtains.

Now, if he was truly the creative lead behind Epcot's changes, all the criticism by many is warranted. He has to own that, but I'm not sure he really understands why it's been so harshly criticized. :(

I believe he is still at WDI, but is not the social media face of WDI anymore.

Well, looks like you can fall upward at WDI! - https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...to-global-creative-strategy-executive.981766/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom