Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

JustInTime

It would have done if they had also used the Communicore Hall and Plaza area. I remember us doing various overlays when all this started.

EPCOT could definitely do with another couple of E-tickets, and some D's and C's ;) LOL
I can’t even imagine the congestion of an E ticket right there. But maybe with the Hall and Plaza.

I’d rather have more rides at the back of the park and where wonders of life is, imo. JOW suits the footprint/area.

No Name

I agree that the statement is hyperbolic, but I think it’s also reductive to say that the edutainment aspect is relegated solely to the placards. Each bit of text accompanies a physical vignette that echoes the text, so you see mist and streams rolling down “cliffs”, waves crashing against the “shore”, etc. So yes, there is supplementary text telling you what each scene represents, but the scenes also likely exist in a way that encourages wordless discovery. Additionally, water just happens to be something with lots of unique properties that are demonstrable through play and kinetic displays.
Im curious to see the physical vignette representing evaporation.

James Alucobond

Im curious to see the physical vignette representing evaporation.
Pretty sure the vignettes are supposed to be spring, stream, river, wetland, lake, ocean, rain, land, and sky based on the graphic they published a long time ago. The vignettes seem to be more generally about water's journey around the planet, not a specific phase change like evaporation, sublimation, or deposition.

NelsonRD

I heard this is not testing well during previews. Can anyone else confirm this attraction is receiving poor feedback from previews?

Bocabear

It is interesting that the reviewer kept saying "Later in the day" or "when this is not crowded and no one is there, this will work great" ...so I don't think this area will hold crowds well... yes there will be room for people, but if most of the effects will be un-noticeable unless there are relatively few people there, it makes it feel more like a splashpad than an Epcot Pavilion Exhibit. He actually used the word "Splashpad" to describe it...lol

Ayla

It is interesting that the reviewer kept saying "Later in the day" or "when this is not crowded and no one is there, this will work great" ...so I don't think this area will hold crowds well... yes there will be room for people, but if most of the effects will be un-noticeable unless there are relatively few people there, it makes it feel more like a splashpad than an Epcot Pavilion Exhibit. He actually used the word "Splashpad" to describe it...lol
Parts of it are a splashpad.

Effects that depend on the crowd to work only work for a small number of people. That's true no matter where you are.

GimpYancIent

Ok. Testing, previews? So, answer me this, after all this building time what is Disney going to do with it if the results of this testing and previewing are not good? Plow it under and just keep construction walls up until someone gets another idea.?

Indy_UK

Ok. Testing, previews? So, answer me this, after all this building time what is Disney going to do with it if the results of this testing and previewing are not good? Plow it under and just keep construction walls up until someone gets another idea.?

They’ll stick Moana herself in for a meet and greet and then the masses will think k it’s the best thing ever

Skibum1970

Open it, hype it, and count on the metaphorical blindness of fans from seeing it for what it is.

NelsonRD

Funny, I thought you heard it wasn't testing well.

What do your sources say?

What are your sources?
Well, where did you hear it was testing poorly?

I heard it was not testing well from a Cast Members brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate, and that part of the delay is for ongoing adjustments with the effects and overall experience to address this.

Now we got the out of the way, can we readdress the original question?

Has anybody have any additional information on how the previews are actually going other than some negative feedback I heard, and a positive review from a blogger?

dreday3

I heard it was not testing well from a Cast Members brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate, and that part of the delay is for ongoing adjustments with the effects and overall experience to address this.

Now we got the out of the way, can we readdress the original question?

Has anybody have any additional information on how the previews are actually going other than some negative feedback I heard, and a positive review from a blogger?

I've heard tons of positive feedback. I'm not going to tell you from where though, just trust me. 😄

NelsonRD

No, delay the opening by addressing feedback/comments and implementing improvements.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom