Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Corylancaster

So with cast previews starting soon, do you guys think this will be open by my trip that starts Oct 8th? I have a (currently) 11 month old that absolutely loves Moana and I feel like this is something he will enjoy if its open.

TheMaxRebo

So with cast previews starting soon, do you guys think this will be open by my trip that starts Oct 8th? I have a (currently) 11 month old that absolutely loves Moana and I feel like this is something he will enjoy if its open.

Can never say anything for certain with Disney but I would be shocked if it isn't open by then. That is more than 2 months from now (which was the gap from when CM previews were for Tron and when it opened).

I am going last week of August and I am 50/50 if it will be open by then. Definitely think it will be open for when DestinationD23 is in Sept as something for guests to see.

But again, never can tell with Disney

Gran Fiesta

Can never say anything for certain with Disney but I would be shocked if it isn't open by then. That is more than 2 months from now (which was the gap from when CM previews were for Tron and when it opened).

I am going last week of August and I am 50/50 if it will be open by then. Definitely think it will be open for when DestinationD23 is in Sept as something for guests to see.

But again, never can tell with Disney
Going last week of August as well, might see you there lol. Hopefully these low crowds hold up for us.

SilentWindODoom

Someone was gleaning things in the dark from the aerial pic. I did that thing where I decided to go through Bioreconstruct's twitter rather than go back through the thread because I figured it would be quicker to find the pic and kept going even after it proved to not be (half out of stubbornness, half out of forgetting what I was doing, and half out of getting interested in what else was on the account). While looking, I found this post that just shows what it looks like in broad daylight less than a week ago.

1689197231574.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Someone was gleaning things in the dark from the aerial pic. I did that thing where I decided to go through Bioreconstruct's twitter rather than go back through the thread because I figured it would be quicker to find the pic and kept going even after it proved to not be (half out of stubbornness, half out of forgetting what I was doing, and half out of getting interested in what else was on the account). While looking, I found this post that just shows what it looks like in broad daylight less than a week ago.

View attachment 729802

Ok... but I'm lost as to the point of this post. Is this meant to correct or rebut something someone said? Honestly asking.

SilentWindODoom

Ok... but I'm lost as to the point of this post. Is this meant to correct or rebut something someone said? Honestly asking.

The hub project has been discussed frequently intermingled with this project and the two do interlock with the way they interplay with each other and the way the progress of the hub affects when Journey of Water can be opened. Just found more clear photography that can help us know more clearly things people were guessing based on a dark night picture.

James Alucobond

The hub project has been discussed frequently intermingled with this project and the two do interlock with the way they interplay with each other and the way the progress of the hub affects when Journey of Water can be opened. Just found more clear photography that can help us know more clearly things people were guessing based on a dark night picture.
Aside from the construction blocking a secondary exit near the restrooms where temporary walls have been installed, there's literally no interplay whatsoever. Journey of Water is fenced off from the rest of the hub.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
At one time some insider said possibly "August." But Disney's own marketing of "the Fall" seemed to kill that idea.

But now with previews starting even before mid-July.... August seems good.
But I thought that to Disney, "fall" started on September 22? I'm not going to underestimate their ability to drag their feet and draw the opening out into October.

Mireille

Premium Member
At one time some insider said possibly "August." But Disney's own marketing of "the Fall" seemed to kill that idea.

But now with previews starting even before mid-July.... August seems good.
Perhaps it will be open for AP previews, which would make my purchase of a brand spanking new Incredi-Pass all worth... nah, but it would be nice if I could see it while I'm there. (Last week of August.)

Gran Fiesta

Perhaps it will be open for AP previews, which would make my purchase of a brand spanking new Incredi-Pass all worth... nah, but it would be nice if I could see it while I'm there. (Last week of August.)
You are now the 4th person including myself on this board that is going the last week of August. Kind of wild, guess we are all going for the *hopefully* light crowds.

Phicinfan

I will be in Epcot week of Labor day, I hope this is accessible by then. My assumption was that they would wait until the whole core area was completed. But lately as they piecemeal remove walls(bathrooms and such) I do think now they will allow access to this even if the middle isn't complete.

TheMaxRebo

You are now the 4th person including myself on this board that is going the last week of August. Kind of wild, guess we are all going for the *hopefully* light crowds.

Speaking for myself at least, we have targeted that week in the past (and now) as our schools are still out but much of the country (including Florida) has gone back so it has been lower crowds due to that .... Hoping it holds true

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom