Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

TheMaxRebo

looks pretty cool with the mist

1689019765206.png

J4546

looks good, i look forward to JoW, communicore plaza and the central core opening up soon.

I live in CA with my gf and every other year we go to FL for a couple days of Disney/Universal Parks, usually 3-4 days split among the parks. Ill def put Epcot in next years trip because I love the park so much even though we went last year. Last year we did Epcot, Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay. It was a mostly universal trip because we have never been to any of them and we very much loved IOA and VOlcano Bay...Studios was meh imo. Right now its looking like we will do Epcot, MK (because tron is new for both of us and maybe Tianas will be open by then and IoA...not sure what 4th park will be yet. aybe Volcano Bay again becausw it really is a fantastic all day park

Horizonsfan

The mist adds something special to the attraction entry. Pleasantly surprised.

These new jumping fountains still seem like the first puzzle piece in an overhaul of the imagination pavilion. Since the first concept art with them, I’ve been unable to shake the feeling the OG fountains are on borrowed time along with the magic eye theater.

Epcot82Guy

I'm beginning to wonder if half of this is to make people forget what was there. So it seems more impressive than it would with a direct comparison.

And, I'll be very interested to see how long the interactive elements in JoW hold up over time. Based on Pandora, various interactive queues, etc., I have my concerns.

James Alucobond

I'm beginning to wonder if half of this is to make people forget what was there. So it seems more impressive than it would with a direct comparison.
I imagine the typical guest is of the sort that visits once every 3-5 years. They will have experienced a walled-off Future World core once or maybe twice. The direct comparison to the end-of-life hub will be favorable regardless.

Sir_Cliff

I get the critiques of this project and particularly demolishing one half of the Communicore buildings, but I don't think they are particularly nervous about people missing the building that JoW replaced.

Epcot82Guy

For clarity, I wasn't being serious. They are focused on the Disney lifers and people visiting once every few years, as @James Alucobond noted. Most public won't notice if they do open it this year, since they will have only been once with walls before.

There may be some of this for internal purposes, and it's definitely an issue for a lot of long-time fans and locals. But, current management doesn't really care.

I do wonder if people will find it to be all that different/better when it reopens. But that's a separate conversation.

Sir_Cliff

For clarity, I wasn't being serious. They are focused on the Disney lifers and people visiting once every few years, as @James Alucobond noted. Most public won't notice if they do open it this year, since they will have only been once with walls before.

There may be some of this for internal purposes, and it's definitely an issue for a lot of long-time fans and locals. But, current management doesn't really care.

I do wonder if people will find it to be all that different/better when it reopens. But that's a separate conversation.
They let the park become so stale with ugly-1990s aesthetics and big dead spaces that I think most will find the new spaces more aesthetically appealing than what was there before.

Whether all of this moves the needle for the park is another issue. Honestly, this is reading more as another bandaid solution that cost way too much and took far too long than as a serious rethinking of the park. There's little new of substance after all this work and plenty of the old stale attractions like Nemo and the whole Imagination pavilion still wheezing away in the background.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom