Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Tha Realest

It could. But I doubt they will, they'll possibly hold it for months until opening. Why? Who the hell knows.
Well that has certainly been the tendency with attractions like Rat, Guardians, and Tron. But those were anticipated to boost attendance. While I am sure this will be neat, I don’t think it’s an attendance driver in the same way those others are, so no impulse to delay it until the next quarter or such like we saw with those others.

Ayla

Well that has certainly been the tendency with attractions like Rat, Guardians, and Tron. But those were anticipated to boost attendance. While I am sure this will be neat, I don’t think it’s an attendance driver in the same way those others are, so no impulse to delay it until the next quarter or such like we saw with those others.
Because it won't be an attendance driver, I anticipate them holding it as long as possible.

TheMaxRebo

I think the decision will be more on how opening it would impact the work on the rest of the area and just how connected it is - from a maintenance standpoint, staffing, etc .... if they can get it open and not impact other stuff I think it is more likely they will open it soon and be another spot for people to go when they come for Food and Wine, some shade for the hot summer months, etc. It does seem pretty finished with signage, etc. - if wasn't going to open until the rest of the construction is done (which seems like at least 6+ months away) why would they do the finishings already? and guess I don't see why opening it 3 months from now would be better than 2 weeks from now (not getting into a next fiscal year yet or anything)

but guess we shall see

TheMaxRebo

what odds do we put it at that I will be able to experience this on August 30th, my EPCOT day during my upcoming Trip?

I know like for Tron CM previews ended like a month before it opened, but then for MMRR they ended like 2 days before it opened

Sir_Cliff

I think the decision will be more on how opening it would impact the work on the rest of the area and just how connected it is - from a maintenance standpoint, staffing, etc .... if they can get it open and not impact other stuff I think it is more likely they will open it soon and be another spot for people to go when they come for Food and Wine, some shade for the hot summer months, etc. It does seem pretty finished with signage, etc. - if wasn't going to open until the rest of the construction is done (which seems like at least 6+ months away) why would they do the finishings already? and guess I don't see why opening it 3 months from now would be better than 2 weeks from now (not getting into a next fiscal year yet or anything)

but guess we shall see
I imagine they also want to have some kind of attraction to open with the whole central spine refurbishment. If they open this earlier, what are they really going to say when they unveil all of that work which has taken so many years? They can at least spin this as something new for people to do, whereas you can't really say that about the new trees, Walt statue, or rebuilt section of the Communicore building.

TheMaxRebo

I imagine they also want to have some kind of attraction to open with the whole central spine refurbishment. If they open this earlier, what are they really going to say when they unveil all of that work which has taken so many years? They can at least spin this as something new for people to do, whereas you can't really say that about the new trees, Walt statue, or rebuilt section of the Communicore building.

definitely an option - though the entrance for this faces the Land/Seas so isn't really part of the central spine work or flow

Plus that work seems like multiple months off - are they really doing CM previews now and then letting that just sit for 6 months? (I mean, maybe, but seems silly). If the other work would be done within 2 months, sure, but doesn't look close at all - but maybe they surprise us in a positive direction

Sir_Cliff

definitely an option - though the entrance for this faces the Land/Seas so isn't really part of the central spine work or flow

Plus that work seems like multiple months off - are they really doing CM previews now and then letting that just sit for 6 months? (I mean, maybe, but seems silly). If the other work would be done within 2 months, sure, but doesn't look close at all - but maybe they surprise us in a positive direction
I don't think the placement of this would really factor into the decision for them. It's more a question of being able to get some press coverage for a 'relaunch' of Epcot that includes a mention of some kind of new attraction. Without Journey of Water, they don't really have anything of note to promote when they finally finish.

The issue of when all the other work will be finished is an interesting one. Is it really, though, beyond the realm of possibility that the rest of the work could be finished within the next few months? We've become accustomed to everything crawling along, but the new building is now largely enclosed and they seem to be up to the point of constructing the walkways and landscaping the main hub area. If they wanted to, I'm sure they could open this up by September/October if that's the plan. Wasn't that in the vicinity of what they announced for the completion of this project?

James Alucobond

Is it really, though, beyond the realm of possibility that the rest of the work could be finished within the next few months? We've become accustomed to everything crawling along, but the new building is now largely enclosed and they seem to be up to the point of constructing the walkways and landscaping the main hub area. If they wanted to, I'm sure they could open this up by September/October if that's the plan. Wasn't that in the vicinity of what they announced for the completion of this project?
I think it's well within the realm of possibility given the current pace.

TheMaxRebo

I don't think the placement of this would really factor into the decision for them. It's more a question of being able to get some press coverage for a 'relaunch' of Epcot that includes a mention of some kind of new attraction. Without Journey of Water, they don't really have anything of note to promote when they finally finish.

The issue of when all the other work will be finished is an interesting one. Is it really, though, beyond the realm of possibility that the rest of the work could be finished within the next few months? We've become accustomed to everything crawling along, but the new building is now largely enclosed and they seem to be up to the point of constructing the walkways and landscaping the main hub area. If they wanted to, I'm sure they could open this up by September/October if that's the plan. Wasn't that in the vicinity of what they announced for the completion of this project?

definitely possible - maybe they are able to get it all done by, say, Oct 1 and they hold off on JoW until then and do a big grand opening.

Guess we shall see

Chip Chipperson

Hopefully there's a DVC/AP preview right after the CM preview ends. We'll be there the week after the CM preview and our niece who loves Moana will be with us so it would be nice if she could see it (especially if it provides some temporary shade from the hot August sun).

Weather_Lady

So far, the 100-year "celebration" has been, what? Erecting metal "100" signs at entrances, and putting vague language on the website about "transforming EPCOT" "later this year..."

They literally have nothing new to offer but this minor walkthrough attraction and vague promises of a night-time show at some point, so they've apparently decided to try and stretch this out as if it's something worth anticipating. I'm not only over it, I'm actually kind of bitter. Years of ugliness and inconvenience at EPCOT, for this!??! Something that won't even be open when I visit in a month, even if it's been finished for weeks? :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom