Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Disstevefan1

I read it more like a "stress test". Make sure the thing can run with a decent amount of people and see where maintenance needs are. I doubt they've had any decent amount of crowd through yet.
Good point about a stress test.

I am guessing this will have boarding groups to start?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Good point about a stress test.

I am guessing this will have boarding groups to start?
Spock Encerio GIF

Disstevefan1

🤣 it does seem "highly illogical" at first.

Let’s say they treat this as a free walk through, no boarding groups, no G+, no ILL.

Because it’s new, it’s gonna be a MOBBED “conga line” with the standby snaking through EPCOT.

The good thing is EPCOT handles snacking lines very well - see figment popcorn bucket.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
It’s possible.

Let’s say they treat this as a free walk through, no boarding groups, no G+, no ILL.

Because it’s new, it’s gonna be a MOBBED “conga line” with the standby snaking through EPCOT.

The good thing is EPCOT handles snacking lines very well - see figment popcorn bucket.
Child guest: Wait a second there is no Moana ride and I don’t get wet? This is boring I want to go to Frozen.

Adult Guest: Where’s the booze at? Where do they keep Tropical rum drinks in this boring place?

TheMaxRebo

Child guest: Wait a second there is no Moana ride and I don’t get wet? This is boring I want to go to Frozen.

Adult Guest: Where’s the booze at? Where do they keep Tropical rum drinks in this boring place?

that would be great if they added a tropical drink stand right out front to carry with you while you journey with water

Disstevefan1

I get you on this.

My prediction is when it first opens it will be mobbed because its new.

After a while the word will get around and it will get casual traffic, a nice place to check your app for the NEXT attraction you want to go to.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrPromey

They are for sure. If I’m honest I’m not old enough to remember Epcot pre-all the festival madness.

I’m sure it was much more peaceful. I avoid Epcot as much as possible but it’s also my least favorite park…
It's not just the festival booths, either. Over time, they've eroded space on that walkway by putting more and more for-real permanent stuff on the water side, too, narrowing the walkway and reducing the lagoon view in many areas which, added to the booths' near-permanent status makes the whole thing just that much worse.

Keep in mind, for the Millennium Celebration, they actually ran a parade through there.

Let that sink in.

Last edited:

MrPromey

definitely an option - though the entrance for this faces the Land/Seas so isn't really part of the central spine work or flow

Plus that work seems like multiple months off - are they really doing CM previews now and then letting that just sit for 6 months? (I mean, maybe, but seems silly). If the other work would be done within 2 months, sure, but doesn't look close at all - but maybe they surprise us in a positive direction
Rat sat completed and unused for roughly six month before opening so I wouldn't put anything past them.

TheMaxRebo

Rat sat completed and unused for roughly six month before opening so I wouldn't put anything past them.

Absolutely - and I why I am not confident at all it will be open for my trip the end of August

Though even for Remy the CM previews were Aug 19-Sept 2 - so it didn't sit unused for that long after the previews, it was mostly before

Fear

One of the things I'll be interested in is how they'll meter interactive elements. I could see some bottlenecking at points if people queue up for a specific element or water feature. When I did Omega Mart I got annoyed that everyone gets sent to continue the story on one of three computers, so each one had a line. I fear they may run into similar issues with this, but not as extreme since the interactivity seems lower than digging around on a computer interface.

So, I bet tuning the crowd tempo may also be part of these previews.

Disstevefan1

I am guessing cast members will be trained to let in a number of guests in, allow them to get to a point inside, then let more in, and so on.

The problem is some folks may move through slower than others.

This is going to be interesting to watch.

Bocabear

Agreed, all the young new EPCOT guests are going to absolutely LOVE the Moana walk through.

They will be staring at their phones as they walk through.
That is the truth...my last trip there I saw no less than 3 different people walk into walls while staring at their phones...and many kids in strollers with their phones open to cartoons to watch instead of just looking around...
It is a different world now...people seem so much less engaged...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom