Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Gran Fiesta

I based my comment on the Bioreconstruct photo above. It's nighttime, but I still see more trees than previously shown, especially on the west side of the core.
Ah gotcha, I see it now too. Very interested to see when the central core will open up. I'm assuming they can open up the core without opening up the new Meet and Greet building but I'm not sure they would.

CaptainAmerica

Genuine question - but does anyone rank the decision to virtually render a vast swathe of Epcot under construction walls for so many years, as one of the worst decisions of all time in the history of Disney?
Don't forget the fact that they buried the not-under-construction side of the park with festival booths for 11 months out of the year.

Usable square footage per guest was absolutely unforgivably bad. The crowds in World Showcase in January felt like Fantasyland in July, and the park wasn't even that crowded in terms of clicks.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

Don't forget the fact that they buried the not-under-construction side of the pack with festival booths for 11 months out of the year.

Usable square footage per guest was absolutely unforgivably bad. The crowds in World Showcase in January felt like Fantasyland in July, and the park wasn't even that crowded in terms of clicks.

meanwhile they still have the Wonders of Life pavilion sitting unused ... even if they would just go back to using it as the Festival hub with some of the bars in there and merchandise and stuff like that ... *somewhere* for people to get out of the heat and relax would be better than not using it at all

James Alucobond

Looks like all the trees might be planted in the central core.
According to the site plan, the east side more or less has its complete complement of trees, but the west side does not. Many more are still slated to go in north of the new shade structures, in the area outside the fence surrounding the back of Journey of Water, in the planters flanking Dreamers Point, and in the quadrant of the garden facing Communicore Hall. Outside of the gardens, planters along the path to The Land, in Communicore Plaza, and on the land where the Fountain of Nations once stood still remain empty, and the area surrounding the Journey of Water plant also awaits trees.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Just watched Elemental. I'm so mad that it didn't do great. It was so good, and it would have made so much more sense in Epcot for this rather than Moana. This whole situation is stupid.

jpinkc

meanwhile they still have the Wonders of Life pavilion sitting unused ... even if they would just go back to using it as the Festival hub with some of the bars in there and merchandise and stuff like that ... *somewhere* for people to get out of the heat and relax would be better than not using it at all
Yes but that would cost money to run the AC in that building. Bobs no like that idea.

MagicHappens1971

Don't forget the fact that they buried the not-under-construction side of the park with festival booths for 11 months out of the year.

The crowds for Food & Wine with the booths is a H**lscape.

MagicHappens1971

Festival of the Arts is somehow even worse. The art kiosks in addition to the food kiosks are madness.
They are for sure. If I’m honest I’m not old enough to remember Epcot pre-all the festival madness.

I’m sure it was much more peaceful. I avoid Epcot as much as possible but it’s also my least favorite park…

TheMaxRebo

They are for sure. If I’m honest I’m not old enough to remember Epcot pre-all the festival madness.

I’m sure it was much more peaceful. I avoid Epcot as much as possible but it’s also my least favorite park…

I was pretty young but do remember it - definitely a much more peaceful World Showcase but at times bordered on empty and such a huge percentage of guests were in the Future World part. I defintiely get why Disney added festivals to promote activity in such a huge chunk of real-estate - and when F&WF started it was amazing (and wasn't just the booths but tons of demonstrations and author talks and stuff like that) ... what it has morphed into is not nearly as great

WDWYankee15

I was pretty young but do remember it - definitely a much more peaceful World Showcase but at times bordered on empty and such a huge percentage of guests were in the Future World part. I defintiely get why Disney added festivals to promote activity in such a huge chunk of real-estate - and when F&WF started it was amazing (and wasn't just the booths but tons of demonstrations and author talks and stuff like that) ... what it has morphed into is not nearly as great
That is very spot on.

Bocabear

Exactly... We used to go to the Party For The Senses every year...it was expensive but totally worth it... We had amazing chefs from all over the country including celebrity chefs, a crazy amount of unusual high end food and wine, beer abd other liquors, Cirque De Soleil performing... It was amazing... then they started the price hikes... and as they raised the prices, the quality began to slip...then fewer stations...then fewer chefs from all over the country, but mostly Disney restaurants...then no more Cirque du Soleil... and then they started charging extra to sit...and we started to feel like we were getting fleeced...When Covid put it on hiatus we stopped thinking about it... We have not been back...sadly. It used to be a highlight of the year...
I think this is the same thing they have done to all of the Food and Wine festival... higher prices, less for your money, the classes , tastings and seminars seem to have gone away... now it is just like a giant food court serving tapas...and no longer feels so special. Maybe when they bring everything back online they will bring back the specialness...but I am feeling doubtful

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom