Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

lazyboy97o

Why this trend toward W I D E walkways? I know we can't have intimate environments on the level of Tom Sawyer caves or Swiss Family trees, but surely they can find a way to make interesting nooks and crannies that are ADA compliant.
GOtta have room for all the people that use ECVs nowadays unfortunately
Holy ableism Batman! ADA Standards for Accessible Design only require a minimum clearance of 36” for walking surfaces (403.5.1). That less than the 44” clear width an Assembly occupancy building would be required to provide per building and fire codes.

James Alucobond

It's amusing that this thing has been under construction for years, is almost totally complete, has been extensively photographed... and we still have only a vague, general idea of what it IS.
I think at this point they've been pretty clear? It's a walkthrough attraction that steps you through the stages of the water cycle with a series of interactive exhibits. Guests can opt to stay on a dry path if they just want to take in the sights, or they can split off to wet paths in 3-4 places if they want to actually play in/with the water. Some MagicBand+ interactions will also be available. What more do we expect to be said at this point? We know all the pathing and can see by matching artwork to the site what most of the areas will look like.

Bocabear

I think at this point they've been pretty clear? It's a walkthrough attraction that steps you through the stages of the water cycle with a series of interactive exhibits. Guests can opt to stay on a dry path if they just want to take in the sights, or they can split off to wet paths in 3-4 places if they want to actually play in/with the water. Some MagicBand+ interactions will also be available. What more do we expect to be said at this point? We know all the pathing and can see by matching artwork to the site what most of the areas will look like.
I never heard there were either wet or dry experiences... only that it was a walk-through water attraction that explains the water cycle...And it was stated over and over that it was not a splash pad or water play area.... but then it is... or isn't.... or could be...

James Alucobond

I never heard there were either wet or dry experiences... only that it was a walk-through water attraction that explains the water cycle...And it was stated over and over that it was not a splash pad or water play area.... but then it is... or isn't.... or could be...
The signs currently up at the entrance are pretty explicit.

Attraction description:
"Touch or play with magical water as you follow a short exploration trail that encourages us to protect the world's water cycle."

Dry path mention:
"Service animals must remain on dry path."

They also distinguish between "fenced" and "unfenced" water features, the latter of which can apparently be avoided if you choose since they have different sets of rules regarding what can or cannot be near each, especially as it pertains to food and beverage.

Disstevefan1

The signs currently up at the entrance are pretty explicit.

Attraction description:
"Touch or play with magical water as you follow a short exploration trail that encourages us to protect the world's water cycle."

Dry path mention:
"Service animals must remain on dry path."

They also distinguish between "fenced" and "unfenced" water features, the latter of which can apparently be avoided if you choose since they have different sets of rules regarding what can or cannot be near each, especially as it pertains to food and beverage.
The journey of water pollution...
Snap 2023-06-20 at 10.51.42.png

DisneyFanatic12

I think they could have done this without destroying the fountain of nations and stuff, but I actually like much of this reimagining. Sure, Moana belongs at Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom, but it really isn’t about Moana. They probably needed Moana to get the funding for it, so the Moana logo is at the entrance and the canopies are a Moana-inspired print, but it’s more about the water cycle than Moana…

Also, I know people will hate me for this, but the old center part of Future World was a 1990s-inspired concrete jungle.

Overall, I’m neutral about Moana. BUT, I do like all the trees they’re planting in the center area.

DisneyFanatic12

Why fall? Seems like it’s gonna be done much sooner.
They like to wait to open things until they are most profitable. Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure sat completed for a long while because they wanted to have something to open for the 50th. Guardians sat finished for a little to separate the ride openings to sell more tickets and make more money from the sales boost it brought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom