Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Disstevefan1

The new central core is a giant dirt pile.

This attraction won't even have an entrance facing the core.

We'll see what there is to the core once they finish building it but from the concept art, it looks like it's going to be the fourth, as of yet unannounced "neighborhood" for the front of the park, "World Landscaping & Retail".

The only reason I can guess or reasonably justify for this area being left a mess for so long now is they needed access to finish this walk-through.

Hopefully they finish the area on the other side at a faster rate than they did the area in front of Spaceship Earth now that major construction on this project seems to be complete.

... then we can properly judge, applaud, and/or mock what they've done after the half-decade of construction that's torn up this half of the park is complete. :D
concept art...... Now THATS funny 🤣

Weather_Lady

So the assumption is that it is ready to open? Who says it is ready?
Nobody at WDW is saying anything about when it will be ready - only when it will be open - but every reputable observer I've read has reported (with corroborating photos) that the finishing cosmetic touches and signage were added weeks ago and that the features are being tested. There's no reasonable basis to think there's months of additional work actually required -- only that Disney intends to wait that much longer to unveil it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Nobody at WDW is saying anything about when it will be ready - only when it will be open - but every reputable observer I've read has reported (with corroborating photos) that the finishing cosmetic touches and signage were added weeks ago and that the features are being tested. There's no reasonable basis to think there's months of additional work actually required -- only that Disney intends to wait that much longer to unveil it.
So...we actually have no information, beyond photos and the interpretation of those? No insider post with knowledge of the project?

MrPromey

My point is that popular things are popular.

I'm glad you clarified because it sounded for a second there, like you were trying to compare Journey of Water on some level to World of Color since they both have water and (maybe) lights as elements.

That would have just been silly. 👍

Last edited:

djkidkaz

I believe this will be held off similar to how Ratatouille was completed months in advance but Disney waited to open it. This will most likely be opened along with communicore and the last of the Epcot projects.

James Alucobond

There were still multiple hoses hanging out of the signature basalt rock formation last week. Not sure if they're cleaned up yet. Backstage doorways are still undisguised. Stain and sealant still appeared to be going down on pathways in the latest aerials. The building containing the in-attraction bathrooms is still being worked on. The signage with the attraction logo hasn't been installed yet. Requisite emergency exits may not be accessible yet due to surrounding construction. Yes, they sometimes sit on things and move more slowly than they could, but this attraction is definitely not done just yet.

J4546

I feel that if they have the staffing for the front kiosk, they could theoretically just remove this wall and open the whole thing pretty soon.

View attachment 723790

Although I could see them waiting for more work to be done around where Bio put that 1. You'd be able to plainly see the construction from across the pool at the entrance, I bet.
are the bathrooms gonna be in that long black building im guessing? Looks like the starcase portion will be the northern(in this pic) section and the bathrooms with be accesable on the pathway where the number 1 is near the jumping fountans section maybe?

James Alucobond

are the bathrooms gonna be in that long black building im guessing? Looks like the starcase portion will be the northern(in this pic) section and the bathrooms with be accesable on the pathway where the number 1 is near the jumping fountans section maybe?
I'm pretty sure you've got the right building but wrong entrance. The entrance looks to be at the northeast end of the building via the path just outside the cave exit. You'll notice the wood partition on that end is finished on both sides as well.

Disneyson

Popping back in because of the new pictures of the sensors in the gourds - doesn’t that scream “re-used Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom” to you? Is it possible that SotMK was closed so Moana could live? And if so… wow, that would be lame.

I really hope WDI was able to figure out how to fix the sensor issues in Pandora that broke even before the land opened (with the reactive floors). This feels very similar to a repeat.

Also… why does WDI think that motion controls are intuitive? In my experience with them, they hardly get used when working. The big one I remember was the Haunted Mansion ghost poet as well as the Little Mermaid “this doesn’t belong” game, which are technically always working but total flops in terms of engagement. While these are kinda cool because they feel like “hidden secrets” that the in-the-know are aware of, an attraction centered on them feels… really short-sighted.

I love fountains! I tolerate Moana! I like interactivity, too. But this feels posed for guest confusion and the need to staff this for the first two weeks so the guests understand, and then absolutely no staffing, leading to a lack of understanding and eventual flop of the area. I really, really hope I’m wrong.

wutisgood

There is something really wrong at Disney when they intentionally delay essentially complete attractions at one of the most popular resorts on earth because they think it is more profitable. They should really shut up about ever mentioning raising prices as the only way to prevent overcrowding as they also add after hours events and don't extend park hours enough while also not having enough new expansion planned or under construction.

jeanericuser001

There is something really wrong at Disney when they intentionally delay essentially complete attractions at one of the most popular resorts on earth because they think it is more profitable. They should really shut up about ever mentioning raising prices as the only way to prevent overcrowding as they also add after hours events and don't extend park hours enough while also not having enough new expansion planned or under construction.
Hate to tell you this but everyone does that. Busch Gardens has iron gwazi. Sea world had one as well. Universal has done it. As for this attraction, your ignorance is showing. The moana attraction is only a part of the finished project. Letting in people right now would only create confusion and more customer complaints as people would want all or nothing. That is why the project is still being worked on so they can complete the project instead of just another footpath area that essentially goes no where.

Casper Gutman

Hate to tell you this but everyone does that. Busch Gardens has iron gwazi. Sea world had one as well. Universal has done it. As for this attraction, your ignorance is showing. The moana attraction is only a part of the finished project. Letting in people right now would only create confusion and more customer complaints as people would want all or nothing. That is why the project is still being worked on so they can complete the project instead of just another footpath area that essentially goes no where.
Moana really isn't part of the central plaza project - it's geographically very separate from that area. That project should also have been completed in its entirety years ago. I suspect we don't have the full story of why the plaza project has been so delayed...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom