Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Tha Realest

This is what happens when there is no unifying vision for the park like there was in 1982.

And if that original vision is no longer current, then rethink the park and create a new cohesive vision and amaze us again.

These recent changes are just an embarrassing mess.
There was a unifying vision for this planned reimagining of Epcot. But, it was incongruent and incoherent even at the moment it was announced, and seemingly most of it has been cancelled (Poppins, Play!) or pared back substantially (Innoventions) or paused and reworked (SSE remodel) unless it was too far along to cancel altogether (GOTG, Remy, Moana).

Epcot82Guy

I will say, it already feels more separate from the Land And Seas physically, especially with the monorail and ponds. The walls down will push it back even farther. This area was originally designed to add some feeling of separation between the pavilions from Communicore. And that hasn't changed.

Bocabear

Why did it need separation? The pavilions on the outer circle made sense... The central core made sense. Moana's Cycle Of Water area should have been on the outer circle between the land and Sea pavilion linking them... not on the central core space and removing a huge building to do it. Innoventions was dead, I get that, but reprogram the space...design a new attraction that fits the area...not tear everything down, and then rebuild half the building in a style that no longer feels coherent with the rest of the central plaza... Ship has sailed and now we are stuck with a little bit of Animal Kingdom in the front of EPCOT...and historically people will look back on this whole exercise in poor leadership and wonder why...

Bocabear

Right, but it's been said over and over again by the same people. The post I quoted was someone quoting themselves saying the same thing.

We all get it. It doesn't add to the conversation.
Different points, different days.... I am sure you have repeated yourself before. Thank you for taking the time to make it personal by reviewing my posts and pointing out any deemed flaws...

solidyne

Right, but it's been said over and over again by the same people. The post I quoted was someone quoting themselves saying the same thing.

We all get it. It doesn't add to the conversation.
I think the repetition was intended. After the video with music, it was funny to repeat the comment, changing "looks" to "sounds."

DonniePeverley

To save myself 248 pages of reading ... can have a recreation of what the final product will be ?

I know there will be trees. Trees and more trees. We all love trees after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom